Welcome to the China Forum!

Discussion in 'China' started by skip, Dec 9, 2006.

1. leeshing

leeshing Member

Surely, government under control of Jiang Zemin really sucks. Look those websites that critisize chinese government such as www.renminbao.com (it can't be viewed in mainland china of course), they all abuse Jiang, but strangely, they seldom said anything about Hu. I think government under Hu and Wen is more open and obtains more rights for the people. Many netizens say that primier Wen is a civilian premier.

2. zjqdarren

zjqdarren Member

from my view to all post here
    i think the western countries know little about china ,about chinese
    of course the most inportant is our media didnt do enough for our information spread
    another reason is that the western pay little information about us before ,so that much news about china at present cant been absorbed by westerns.

3. amourcathy

amourcathy Member

When can We be totally free ?

I am very happy to back to forum which i finally could find a place to talk and which there wouldn't be lots of oversea Chinese giving me back the horrible and scared words as what i talk about Chinese.

I realized that even now i am aboard , still doesn't mean i am totally free speech at all. especially now days i noticed that thousands hired by government internet spy just keep spying what the oversea Chinese are talking .

I believe some Oversea Chinese would do some same thing like write some feelings on some website for oversea Chinese , about how they feel when they were in China , of course, i mean bad side . a little complaining since they already left China.

But then they would all found out very soon there would be lots extremely reply from other people calling them " betray . or riot.....just not nice words which can make you feeling totally shameful of what posted the bad words about China.

For me, i don't feel shameful, what i feel shameful is China seems never want to give freedom to its people and never learn to be intolerable.

Skip: IF you know how to read Chinese , i will show you a links ( a website / forum for Oversea Chinese in France ) about how extremely of those internet spy ( mostly they are not even in France ) and how harmfully speech they posted on people who has different view point about china the oversea Chinese forum ( some real horrible bad side of china ) .

4. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Welcome back to the forums, Amourcathy!

Unfortunately you are correct that there are legions of Chinese spies reading and responding to what gets posted on Internet sites. Fortunately there aren't so many visiting English based sites.

We had a number of them visit here and attempt to silence the critics of China's government. One thing they always try to do, which reveals who they really are: they always change the subject from the Chinese Gov't to the Chinese people. They try to make you think they are the same. They are not!

I don't believe there are so many people who dislike the Chinese people. Only a few racists. The criticisms we put forth in this forum are about the Chinese gov't, not the Chinese people. We are all smart enough to understand the difference!

If you fear Chinese spies harassing you, don't, unless you travel a lot between China and other countries. It seems the worse they can do in a situation like this is try to post up their views of China as a wonderful worker's paradise... Of course if they contact you via other means, like MSN, then they might be able to find out your true identity and cause problems for you next time you try to enter China.

Watch closely what happens in China now... It's a crucial time (interesting times as they say in China...hehe). Now that the world economy is entering a depression, how China deals with it is very important. As unemployment grows, there will be more unrest in China, even the Chinese gov't is predicting this. So these spies will have their hands full arresting and imprisoning those who speak out against the gov't. It will not be pretty.

5. vietnam travel

vietnam travel Member

I went to China one time. I was a small child, so I haven't evaluated everything.