Welcome to america

Discussion in 'Protest' started by steffan, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Dr Phibes

Dr Phibes Banned

Hey this is turning into a lovers convention

2. spooner

spooner is done.

Social liberties, perhaps. Economic liberties? Most of Europe doesn't even come close.

3. steffan

steffan puffin

ya'll are gonna have to excuse my por grammer and use of puctuation, but i'm working and once in a while i take a break and hop on this machine. i dont take time to even proofread, and simply convey my thoughts.
    charise expressed it so much better than my ranting did, and all of you made made good points.
    We as americans who live in a demoracy always have the hope that we can promote change. our system is run by individuals who do interveiws for a living, there main focus in life is getting the job, they cultivate there resume and try to appear to be perfect for the job.
    If enough people say in the right way "we want you to reduce the military by half" they will do it. As it stands now the only voice they are hearing is mcdonald douglas and the many many natoins of the world who profiting from it.

4. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

Define "economic liberties". If you think the wholesale sell off of our entire industrial base as well as increasing numbers of white collar positions to foreign lower-paid, less regulated (i.e. more easily exploitable) nations is economic liberty then yes the US still does exceed Europe in that regard.

5. steffan

steffan puffin

power currupts and absolut power currupts absolutly.
    the only reason anyone is not finacilay secure in america or a very large part of the world thanks in part to america, is because they dont want it bad enough. a system is being attemped with moderate success to take the most advantage of the available resources and make that as easy as possible for all our citizens. And standing in opposition is those who would seek to control those resourses for there own use.
    We need not overthrow the system, and to attempt to do so would be arrogant and foolhardy, we need only to take advantage of the sincere and carefull attempt made by our founding fathers to build a good foundation

6. Dr Phibes

Dr Phibes Banned

In what respect?
    Which social liberties? which economic liberties?

7. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

lol, touche'

Seems I need to start proofreading my own posts if i'm going to point out flaws.[​IMG]