welcome to all the new EU countries

Discussion in 'Europe' started by PinkMoon, May 9, 2004.

1. wolf_at_door

wolf_at_door Senior Member

Is Norfolk close to Scotland? What is the biggest city in Norfolk?
    So... you + parents went to Denmark, because it was flat, boring, and mediocre - Just like Norfolk? :D

Take it easy... you will have the chance to travel with your family someday... Denmark is not that far away from Norfolk! :)

-I feel a deja vu. I think you've told that earlier, yes. :) -Your parents motivation of deciding holiday destination is quite funny. They sound funny! :)

2. moominmamma

moominmamma Member

Norfolk isn't close to Scotland ( sadly because Scotland is beautiful) ...hmmm we need a map

[​IMG]

This is the lonely planet map of England, if you look at the map there is a right hand bump sticking out into the North Sea ( east of the D in ENGLAND), where absolutely nothing seems to be happening.....that is Norfolk[​IMG] .....I live in it's capital city Norwich. Norfolk is completely flat, almost totally agricultural, it's plus point is a bleak coastline which does have a stark beauty to it.

Yes[​IMG]

Hmmm one of the things I like about you wolf is your outlook on life! I have never really thought of my parents as funny before....but yes I can see it now.

3. moominmamma

moominmamma Member

I think you are asking for views on your country? Apologies first of all if I confuse the Czech republic with Slovakia, but it was Czechoslovakia when I was growing up! ( if you look at my profile you will see I am getting on a bit!)
    So I think of Prague, fairy tale cities,mountains,football teams,Prague rising of 1968,skodas,Pilsner........that's about it I'm afraid:&

4. wolf_at_door

Thanks for the map, moominmamma.
    ...I'm glad if I can make you see the humouristic aspect of that, instead than you're getting a trauma of your parents that holiday! ;) -But the older generation is always funny. :)

5. furball666

furball666 Member

never been to chez-repuplic but i hear the beers cheap so maybe this summer my buddys going there anyway so i might "get lost" from holland to there

6. wolf_at_door

Pure nostalgia... for a few seconds I actually thought moominmamma was back at forum, but you simply dug deep enough. Cool.........

[​IMG]

7. wolf_at_door

And as I go back... dear old migle too... why are you doing this against me, furball?

Haven't you ever considered that it hurts to be blown two years right back, just like that?
    I don't want to be alive walking among my ghosts...

But it's okay. Actually I think it's cool to take an old topic, otherwise it just die! So it's all okay, but it just feels a bit strange...

love and understanding,
    -wolf

[​IMG]

8. wolf_at_door

That was all said with a ";)" in my mind. Hope you understand...

But sometimes I simply just freak out, when I suddenly face something from my past without being warned. It's so strange...

love and understanding,
    -wolf :)