welcome to all the new EU countries

Discussion in 'Europe' started by PinkMoon, May 9, 2004.

1. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

Of course. I mean, you'll be sponging off the rest of us wealthy Europeans now ;)

2. LoveSunnyDay

LoveSunnyDay Member

I was waiting for comment like that.........
    Yeah I agree with that.....some years EU will give money to our country...but then it get economically stronger .......Then we will give money for other new EU memebers......So Lithuania will return that money.......
    And not all people here i Lithuania are poor and jobless...Like in many others countries here are some wealthy and some poor...I really don't know why so many people think, that Baltic countries are aboriginal land....MAybe because they first time heared that there is country like Estonia, LAtvia and Lithuania...

And by the way, I don't need EU money... ..I am happy for possibilty to study or work abroad

3. DoktorAtomik

Actually, I was aware of the Baltic states since before you were born. Added to which, you're welcome to as much European money as you like. I don't have a problem with the EU investing in less developed European nations. I was just being humourous. Allegedly.

4. LoveSunnyDay

LoveSunnyDay Member

It's nice that you know about Lithuania....But really not many people knows that near Baltic sea there is a country called Lithuania;)

I guess only abot 10-15 hipforums users knows Baltic countries:)

5. DoktorAtomik

You've been hanging out with the Americans too much. Us Brits are more civilised ;)

6. LoveSunnyDay

LoveSunnyDay Member

nope I don't know any real americans except my relitives lithuanians, who live in America after Second World War.....So I am talking about many nation people.....;)

7. Megara

Megara Banned

dont forget more boorish and tactless :p

8. DoktorAtomik

Us or you? I hope you mean us. Wouldn't want you stealing our glory ;)

9. Spacer

Spacer 'Enlighten yourself'

Well said, us Irish "sponged" of the EU for ages and now that we have a thriving economy we will be giving money to the EU to help all the new member states including the 3 baltic states, so in turn evetually you should be able to do the same.

10. Megara

Megara Banned

that glory is all yours :p

11. DoktorAtomik

Tact is only counted as a virtue by those afraid of criticism ;)

12. Megara

Megara Banned

or those with a sense of decency:p

13. DoktorAtomik

Well waddaya know. An American with a sense of decency! There's hope for the world yet :p

14. Megara

Megara Banned

you have been isolated on your little island too long ;)

15. DoktorAtomik

Nope. It's been great here since we packed the low-life off to the colonies ;)

16. wolf_at_door

wolf_at_door Senior Member

You've definately got a point, Spacer. :) -I'm also for integration of the people. I'm no isolationist. But EU is the integrations of states that do not represent them people. I apologize if I expressed myself in a rude way in your 'euro-thread', but I just answered my opinion, and I really didn't mean to cause anything else than a good constructive debate! Please believe me. I found it hard to see, that the euro is not a political topic, honestly.
    -But turning back to my point: the topic about EU as a superpower... In Denmark there is political monopoly, cuz there are no true political opposition. There is a socialdemocratic block and a conservative block. Right now the conservative block governs my country, but all I see is a desperate socialdemocratic opposition behaving like small puppys licking the conservatives asses (Just like Denmarks ruling regime is licking Bushs asshole, -just in a global scale to compare, but not less comparable / true). The 'supposed' opposition try to mirror the conservatives, so the democratic conditions are in fact alarming low in Denmark. The sirene sounds and the red lamp blinks 'alert, alert, alert'. We're only 5,5 million people in my country. The people is divided between "traditionalists" and "modernists"... it's not a class struggle anylonger - it's a culture struggle. All of Europe is in a deep crisis, it's not only an american crisis. It's a global crisis.
    ...If one small state like Denmark, usually described as a very homogene country, contains so much divergens, how can you unite the whole Europe into one united democratic legitime global actor in international politics, without limiting european peoples constitutional rights?

love,
    -wolf. :)

17. wolf_at_door

I'm isolated on my own mental lonely isle,
    Angry waves tickle my ears,
    driving me mad,
    Only the storm keep me alive.

) / ) (""") ) * ("" @@ ’_) ("") ("") (’’)
    \/_( *)_( (_ */"" @@ (_) (_( *)_( .)<,

18. Megara

Megara Banned

some peoples trash is another peoples treasure ;) i think we've done well with our lowlifes

19. wolf_at_door

You two always fight eachother. ;) Since, from my point of view, I like both of you, it's difficult to understand why you two apparently never can agree on anything at all. You're like cat and dog. It's easy for you to disagree, but try instead to challenge yourself, by finding the common position both of you agree on. That's a harder proces, and it demands something more than the state you're in right now. But I'm sure both of you got potential energy to turn on a proces of constructive dialogical dynamics, and you will both gain benefit. :)

(wow - that sounded idealistic:D).

love and understanding,
    -wolf. :)

20. DoktorAtomik

That's true. They've certainly risen to the top of your society ;)