Weird..

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Personface, May 11, 2004.

1. Personface

Personface Tennessee Jed

I have been experiencing de-ja-vu a lot in the past three days. Maybe 10 times. I do not like it! I don't know WHY I am having it so much. It is confusing me and scaring me. Usually I get de-ja-vu once a week if not less.

Does anyone know a lot about this?

2. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

maybe there's a pivotal point in your life coming up. <shrug>

3. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

Wow, Skylie, I've been experiencing Vuja De. That weird feeling like this has never happened before.

4. Velouria

Velouria Member

I think it might be a Tennessee thing because that has also been happening to me and a few other people I know. We just had a conversation about that last week.

5. angelgodiva

angelgodiva Senior Member

Deja vu (French for "already seen") has to do with something going on in the brain when we are awake. There is more than one theory about why we get that eerie feeling, so I'll tell you several. First, there may be a delay between the information from one eye reaching the brain and the information from the other eye getting there. If there is a split second delay, the brain receives the second eye's message late and says, "Yes, I've already seen that." But you don't know whether what you've already seen happened months ago or just a second ago - all you know is that it is familiar.
    Another theory:
    Our brains record many, many memories. Some of them are buried until a certain experience brings them up. A certain smell, a familiar object, and the whole memory comes back. It may be that the brain sometimes makes a mismatch at this time, bringing up a piece of a memory so that the past and present are confused or blended together.
    A third theory, similar to the first, is that when the brain is recording an experience, it may get stored as a memory before the actual experience is perceived. This also causes a delay that makes you feel that the past and present are occuring simultaneously. A little time warp of the mind.
    Or you could see it as an argument supporting reincarnation. It is said that those who experience frequent bouts of deja-vu would do well to study Buddhism.

6. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Dear personface, I experienced some deja-vu's myself too.
    It is not confusing nor scary really, it might teach you something.
    Look for the lesson instead of thinking about the confusing part too much.
    Maybe the past and/or future is trying to tell you something.

Love, bird.

7. Personface

Personface Tennessee Jed

Possibly, Bird. I am not really sure. I had it again in the shower just about 25 minutes ago. The last few times I have had it, I get really bad stomach aches and I feel nautious. I wish it didn't scare me, but it does..

8. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

That is pretty strange, because somehow I like the feeling of deja-vu's.
    Try to think about it as something wonderful and special instead of some kind of scary hocus-pocus thingy.

9. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

ooh, ya'll are probably gonna have an earthquake.

10. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

A while back a friend and I were talking about Deja Vu. I remember her telling me in that conversation, about the psychic Sylvia Browne's theory on deja vu: Before entering each life, we make a "blueprint" of where we want to go, and what we want to achieve during the upcoming life. When we feel deja vu, it is simply an affirmation that our lives are following the blueprint correctly. Eh, I dunno if i believe that, but i do enjoy experiencing deja vu.

11. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

i think there may be many reasons for this occuring....

the reasons angel listed... i have heard them all before and i think they do account for some of it.

i also have my own theory. i've discussed this with bird before. i think that actually, everything in our lives happen AT ONCE. but the human brain cant handle that, so we create time to decipher things. however, at times... the truth of the situation tried to seep thru.... and hence da ja vu.

after i realized these things about life, i began having those experiences more often and i, like bird, quite like them. they make me feel alive.

12. angelgodiva

angelgodiva Senior Member

See your doctor, honey. It doesn't necessarily mean anything, but deja vu accompanied by nausea can be an indication of a neurological disorder, and the doctor may want to prescribe some Klonopin or Tegretol. See him to be on the safe side.

13. olhippie54

How did you come up with this theory?

14. interval_illusion

to be honest, marc...

i've had a few enlightening things happen to me and states where.... well, i dont wanna sound pompous... i was in the hospital before thru from acid and saw some things.

then i took up yoga and meditation.... read a lotta books...

went thru a lotta pain in my life and i just started seeing things in a diff. way...

i dont like to talk about these things because they are not easy to explain but i have many theories which in my mind i believe to be true....

15. olhippie54

I can't say, Trish, I accept that theory. But, it is interesting. Food for thought.

16. interval_illusion

it would be stupid to accept something without feeling it.

i had to see it and feel it to believe.

17. olhippie54

I would love to sit down with you sometime, Trish, and talk about it. I think it would be an interesting discussion.

18. interval_illusion

hell yeah, marc.

there are many things i'd like to talk to you about... to let you know and here you're input.

ill be in TN in two weeks.

i hope we can meet up .

19. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

the season pilot of star trek deep space nine touches on a theory that's similar to what you're describing. the 'prophets' live in a different place without linear time, so everything happens at once, without time for them.

20. Personface

Personface Tennessee Jed

Oh man, I had it three more times today. Something odd is going on. It happened in the shower when I used my brand new shampoo (mango-pear), and then when I got out of the shower I sat down on the living room couch by my dog and just stared into space wishing the dejavu would go away (while feeling nausea).

Later tonight, I was at wal-mart with my boy and he was getting some ice trays and I was bending over looking at some ice trays too, and the dejavu hit me again. I started feeling dizzy and scared, and then before I knew it, his sister saw us and started talking to us and then his stepmom came, and his aunt and cousins. I felt very nervous and dizzy throughout all this and I had to talk to everyone. I could barely speak because my stomach was so queasy. I hate this so much. I used to think de-ja-vu was neat, but now I hate it. It frightens me so bad!

When I am not having de-ja-vu everything is fine. But then when it happens I get scared. And I don't like it, and I don't know why it is happening SO MUCH just out of the blue.