weird hippie

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Becknudefck, May 30, 2004.

1. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

I can totally understand your point from personal experience.

Two years or so ago I was very into the whole being a hippy thing but was with hindsight rather insincere. Not in a shallow way, just that I had a lot of negativity and would think nothing of expressing it.

Then I really grew (you do in that time, trust me) and did some deep thinking to figure out why a so called hippy was so pissed with the world and what to do about it.

Now days I am far closer to having a hippy heart but don't give a rats ass about the rest of it.

Not sure how much of a help that is. Just to say been there, done that, come out the other side.

TTFN
    Sage

2. sunshinedaisy11

sunshinedaisy11 Member

whoa that was so well said!! :)

3. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

Ya, but I know that I didn't have a great understanding of some of the analagies made in this topic 2 years ago...

4. Becknudefck

Becknudefck Senior Member

maybe some people need to stop judging other because of their age. hmmmmm........also, dont think that b/c someone is young that they dont understand something. i understand everyones point if they have one (im talking about in this thread) and of course as it turns out, they are judging me as some little girl who doesnt know what the hell shes talking about and that is WRONG

5. PuZuZu

PuZuZu Member

yeah heh. when i was 14 i had great maturity for my age. people never knew i was that age, they thought i was 16.... and it continued on.... when i was 16 they thought i was 18-20....i've done alot, it helps. but, beck, don't listen to these people bashing you because you explore thoughts of violence. violence is a peice of crap (i don't have a fondness for gangsters) and you are just trying to find an ego booster thought. but dude, seriously, search and explore the 'labels' and their purposes, you grow in character and understanding. open mindeness comes, testimoney becomes a great tool in talking with others in trouble and also you'll understand the world better.

lots of people find it immature and bandwagon for kids to call themselves a punk, a goth, a hippy, a prep, whatever. screw that, give these kids the innocent exploration of themselves and their minds. seriously, its not like YOU never wanted to be something....to conform to something....i myself went through many 'labels', prep, punk, goth, hippy, grunge, tomboy, nerd, raver....its fun and confusing, not very stable but its developing. now i can talk to people that go through these phases, including my younger siblings, i can guide them and share experiences. its very comforting and wonderful to do just so.

so don't bash a 14 year old for being different or 'weird', shes just starting out on a long journey into adulthood. i'm sure if all things are right she'll be a decent person with good views by the age of 16-17. she'll know what to believe in, she'll know how to display herself, she'll know what to say to certain people. choices will come easier.

just cause shes 'violent' or open to these thoughts probably doesn't mean things. maybe its the drama. maybe she has a touch of drama. this can turn into acting or story telling. so be nice to the girl as we all were like this.... PLEASE.

6. serra

serra tentacle girl

*raises hand*

i'm a hippie, i have dreads. :rolleyes:

7. Dark Star

Dark Star Member

:) i try my best hehe

8. Lady_Pink_Floyd

Lady_Pink_Floyd Member

I completely agree...you have to be living that lifestyle and having the values of "hippies" for your whole life. I have< and i hardly call myself a hippy because i does sound bad, people at school have "labeled" me as one...and i hate that label.

anyway, yes, i think you should think about what a real hippie is, it is definately not a person who one day just says, "I'm a hippie"

9. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

Hey come on Beck, it's okay really.
    Much of this advice is given with kindness from the benefit of experience. We are just trying to answer your questions and help you along.

I really do try not to judge people (or at least not let on about it) but obviously the way older teens see things is going to diffrent from the way younger teens do.
    It doesn't mean we think anything negative towards you. Just that we're coming from a diffrent place.

It's all just words on a screen anyway. Don't take it to heart.

I'm not sure I worded that very well, just know that I care.

TTFN
    Sage

10. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

Lady I can see your point but don't totally buy it.

"you have to be living that lifestyle and having the values of "hippies" for your whole life"
    Let's not get elitist about it. Whether those came to you at sixteen minutes old or sixteen years is irrelevant. It is the lifestyle and values that matter.

"...what a real hippie is, it is definately not a person who one day just says, "I'm a hippie."

I think you'll find almost every hippy has come upon the lifestyle by choice. Turned on, tuned in and droped out if you will.

Every journey begins with a single step. On that one first day perhaps this person wouldn't score to highly on the hip quota quiz, but they have their heart in the right place. And with time they will grow.

I made that first step myself two years ago. Whether I am really hippy isn't something of particular concern. But don't you dare tell me that I am less right to be part of this movement and share it's values than anyone else.

Think about what a real hippy is...

Great yeah, and wtf is one of those then hmmm.
    To thyself be true. If that's not necessarily a 'hippy' oh well never mind.

TTFN
    Sage

11. schwahead

schwahead Senior Member

everybody has to vent somewhere.......

12. rayne_lyric

rayne_lyric Member

Here is my 2 cents, and take it as you want to.

I think PuZuZu had it right. Even if it IS just a phase, then she would grow from it! I went through, and am still going through, a lot of identity searching. From age 14 to now, I have been a skater, punk, emo kid, metal head, prep and hippy. I have grown a lot from each of those! The skater thing got me into the whole counter-culture type movements. Being a punk gave me an appreciation for music I didn't have before. Being an emo kid helped me develope artistically (song/poem writting and such). Being a prep helped me realize that it is ridiculous to go out and speand all that money on clothes, and to speand all that time primping yourself (in my "developed" opinion). Being a metal head developed my love for complicated music and the ways that if flows. ALL of these have let me realize that you should NEVER judge a person based on their music style of choice, the way they chose to dress, or anything else.

Being a hippy, which is where I am now, has changed me from the right-wing conservative that I was 4 months ago. This didn't take place all in 1 day like "I want to be a hippy! I am going to become a liberal!" No, it wasn't that way at ALL! It was a process, of being DRAWN INTO the culture by the attitude and the way of dress and the music, and still realizing that there was something MORE than that. Something that punks and metal head and preps didn't have in their "scenes" to help me realize that being a hippy is more than a scene it is a lifestyle. And being drawn in by THAT, has slowly been challenging me to expand my mind into differant areas! For example, when I first was drawn into it full force (I say this because I have ALWAYS been attracted to the hippy movement from a young age, but it has been recently that I have been REALLY drawn to the movement) about 4 months ago, my ideology was typical right-wing bush-is-the-greatest-president-we-are-completely-right-being-in-iraq-and-afghanistan-kill-em-all mentality. But PLEASE, DON'T JUDGE ME BY THAT! Actually, don't judge me at all. If you DO judge me, I don't really care what you think anyway. Since then, I have decided to accept the fact that hey, bush has made some errors. And then, hey, this war has gone on for a long time and finally to hey, bush is full of crap, is in NO WAY quallified to be a CLASS president, let alone the U.S. president, he needs to be impeached, how were we so ignorant to elect him, TWICE, and that I am not even sure he is completely literate (either that, or his speach writter doesn't have a very good grasp on the english language. "we are going to be the best educated Americans in the world" -Bush. Oh really now?).

Anyway, my point is, that even if it IS just a phase, that doesn't make her ANY LESS of a hippy, and she will grow from it, and take something with her! and I know a guy who is like 13 that is as mature as most 17-20 year olds... No kidding. I was always like that too as a younger person so age means nothing!

13. Scarlit Rose Flowz

Scarlit Rose Flowz Member

You can't be a hippie until youve dropped acid at least 10 times, musrhooms 15, and or meditated/fasted in the mountains for a couple weeks. and you have to go vegetarian/vegan too. and dark star, your still a kid too.
    cultivating personal growth and spreading love is what were all here to do, try to remember that. it feels good to spread love.

14. schwahead

schwahead Senior Member

I hope you are being sarcastic!??!