Weighted blankets to reduce anxiety and beat insomnia , they work !

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by TheGreatShoeScam, Apr 16, 2020.

1. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Get the heaviest one from the start 20lbs

I got this from CVS

upload_2020-4-16_5-43-44.jpeg

So many gimmicks and ripoffs out there for anxiety and insomnia but this is not one of them.

I bought another this from CVS cause I was folding the first in half to get the full weight but with two don't have to do that. The first was an off brand from a discount store, all fluffy and would make like a lumpy pile on the sides if you moved around at night, the pictured one above from CVS is way better.

Hard to remember but I guess I got the first one about 3 weeks ago in the height of the anxiety about current events and it was a total game changer, I fall asleep within 15 minutes now before one episode of anything on Netflix is over. Turned off auto-play next.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
    Dude111 likes this.
  2. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

Ive a weight blanket I like it..

Dude111 likes this.
  4. phil1965

phil1965 Senior Member

It's been known to work for years, and has been used quite a lot with dogs, a weighted jacket that fastens on with velcro to of 'hug' the dog, this has been proven to help with anxiety caused by for example, thunderstorms.

5. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

This sounds good for those of us who have trouble sleeping! (Anxiety also)

6. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I had great results for several weeks then it kind of pooped out after I got used to it.

Posted this in the beginning of April too and that's about when the Corona was peak scary.

Now its been off to the side been using my regular blanket again for a wile.

The hard part was when if my feet came uncovered at night it was difficult to kick the blanket back down or to pull it back up over my shoulders when I was half asleep.

I just threw a second regular blanket down by my feet to solve that but the tug of war if it comes off the shoulders.

Think I am going to use it tonight, been a few weeks.

I still totally recommend this, it was worth it those first several weeks of incredible sleep and falling asleep fast. Again it was during that stressful time when Corona first got serious on top of it.