weight per plant?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing' started by nickers224, Feb 11, 2009.

1. nickers224

nickers224 Member

i thought id put this in here...
    im interested in how much weight of actual smokable marijuana(on average) you can get from a single plant, nothing specific just a general idea

2. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Senior Member

Depends on how long you grow it and how good a grower you are. A sea of green using cutting on a 3 month cycle could yield a quarter or so per plant or if ya did a screen of green and grow for say 6 months could yield as much 2-3oz or more per plant. Think the main question is ''time vs yield'' coz at the end of the day time=risk and yield=reward.

3. klondike_bar

klondike_bar Senior Member

^second'd. my first grow yielded 5g per plant (many learning problems), and has improved to about 20-28g per plant last crop.

I had a friend grow some of the same seed stock outdoors, and he had about 2 oz a plant in most cases, with one large bush yielding close to 6oz.

4. Rocklobster

I've done that. they actually got more per plant if you worked it out on time taken but on yield per year no chance.
    Another one would be ''seeds vs cuttings'' always found i get more yield from off a cutting.

5. leafitout

leafitout Member

I veg mine for 6-8 wks from cutting and there around 41inches tall in soil with room to grow (not sog) in 40ltr tubs and I get on average 4oz per plant dry. however its all down to the strain aswell as the grower. example you grow "big bud" compared to something like "el nino" the yeild is dramatically larger as the "big bud" strain is designed for yeild. I grow UK cheese its so forgiving get it wrong and u still got sum really stinking weed that is potent!!

6. FarmerJ

FarmerJ Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Yeald per plant is highly variable, depending on strian and method, it is also not really a good way to judge your grow . I run 2 strains in a modified SCROG. My Afganica gives me about 25g per plant in 3 mo. from cutting to harvest, while my Diesal (the real cut from Western MA, not seed company BS) only yealds about 8-12g in almost 4mo. I used to let my D get bigger by vegging them longer but found that the extra time and space used didn't lead to much bigger yealds. Yeald per plant isn't really an important measure. Yeald per watt per month is the benchmark you should use, and for most hybrid strains properly grown it should be about .5g. Less for sativas, more for indicas.

7. Rocklobster

^^^ agree. If your not gonna clone or are using clone's then use gram's per watt and use yield per plant as the rough guide.
    If you wanna clone or find out which plants are the best ya'd use yield per plant and the gram's per watt as the rough guide.

8. monstermann68

monstermann68 Member

i've grown twice, and each time it was a single plant from seed vegged for 5 weeks under 250w MH, then switched to 250w HPS for flowering. the first plant yielded 3 and 1/2 ounces dry, the second 4 ounces. the key is getting decent light. HID's really make a difference in my opinion. hope that helps as a reference, for what it's worth...

9. pushit

pushit One jive Motha Fucka

I heard from a patient up to 3/4lb off a good clone.

10. Rocklobster

With the best will in the world thats just gotta be a case of bud goggles me thinks. If it was that easy i'd be retired and laying on some sunny beach watching the world go by.