Weight Gain??? Because of weed?

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Chronic_Glass_Masta, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Eskimo101

Eskimo101 Banned

eat teh oranges

2. drew5147

drew5147 Dingledodie

OP...

Smoke some meth.

3. Funkateer

Funkateer To swing on the spiral

Dont blame it on the weed fat ass
    cut out the mc donalds and show some self restraint

4. drew5147

drew5147 Dingledodie

Or man up...

And smoke some meth.

5. Reefer Rogue

Reefer Rogue Member

exercise, it's that simple

6. cataclysmic cognition

cataclysmic cognition Member

i smoke everyday and just lost 2 pounds. eat healthy when you have the munchies, drink tea instead of soda, and go play some sports.

7. newradicalface

newradicalface Banned

Lol you lost 2 pounds. I can lose two pounds by shitting after Thanksgiving, 2 pounds really isn't that much hehe

8. maxwellthebeagle

maxwellthebeagle da illest

^haha i'm sure i've taken 4 pound shits.. hell when i wrestled it was common to lose 4-8 lbs in a practice.. which was mostly water, but still..

9. AnyThingButMe

AnyThingButMe Member

i wouldnt worry about it, by brother smokes more weed than anyone i know and he is 6'3 and wieghs 165 pounds.

10. AnyThingButMe

AnyThingButMe Member

yeah but its a loss, not a gain

11. cataclysmic cognition

cataclysmic cognition Member

i mean i'm already a lightweight to begin with, and i'm not trying to lose weight, just trying to make a point that marijuana on its own doesn't really affect weight gain.

12. CGhost

CGhost Member

Tell urself ur only hungry because of the weed. It's hard to do but I eventually got used to it. I mean u cab munch out just don't go crazy... Which I oftenly do lmao. It's just a matter of mind over matter lol :p

13. CGhost

CGhost Member

I heard weed regulates ur metabolism too.

14. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

so its the impulse buying to blame too. check the weekly fliers, always buy stuff on sale. this week it was berries at one store. i don't like berries though ;)
    my dad can leave the supermarket saving more money than he spends, its hysterical, and they hate him for it. hes like a grocery shopping prodigy. especially with meat. buy one get one (of equal or lesser value) half off, or free. he matches things up together, and he forces them to ring it up in the right order, otherwise they will charge you full price for all of the more expensive cuts. i learned from the best.
    try prepping or starting your meal before you blaze, then you'll only have to finish cooking it when you are munchie hungry. i have always felt that 1 balanced meal a day will keep you healthy, in high school i skipped breakfast, had fries and chips and soda for lunch, and for dinner had real food (a meat/ protein, a starch, and 1-2 veggies) i looked good until i was on my own, then i had to learn how to cook those meals. it seems that i don't have good retention yet.

heres a recipe for the slow cooker that i made up, i think its awesome, its like a chicken chili/potato soup. and its easily adjustable, which is oh so nice for potheads

*2 chicken leg quarters (a cheap cut of meat, usually less than $1 per pound, composed of the leg, thigh and the lower part of the spine to the tail. it is easy to find the bones, so the price is worth the moderate handling)
    *chicken broth (whatever kind you've got)
    *can of white beans (cannelini or great northern are good)
    *instant mashed potatoes
    *(veggies are optional, i've used corn, but it looked like vomit, so maybe next time i'll use peas. still tasted good though)
    *milk (optional)
    *make a roux on the stove by cooking 2-4 TBSP flour in an equal amount of butter until it smells sort of nutty. then add that to the broth
    *spices

1. pour your chicken broth into the slow cooker, turned on high. while that is starting to heat, deal with the chicken. you can either cut out the spine now and toss it into the broth (for richness), or leave it attached and pull it out later. i reccommend the latter
    2. start a skillet heating on the stove with a coating of oil in it. season your chicken (salt pepper garlic and onion powder in my house), and sear it on the stove, starting skin side down. you want it to be entirely or mostly cooked, that way its a faster meal. add the chicken to your broth. and add any additional spices ( i use some paprika every time, yum, and any other spices that catch my fancy.)
    3. as its cooking check on it, pulling up on the leg to see how tender it is. when the leg is easily separated from the thigh its ready. pull out the chicken and set it on the cutting board. add any veggies and your beans to the broth. while the new ingredients are coming up to temperature start pulling the chicken apart on the cutting board. i use my hands and then i chop up all the bigger pieces. remove any tough bits, the bones, skin and any fat. after simmering in the broth the skin gets all wierd, it already gave up its flavor anyway.
    4. add the now bite size chicken back into the slow cooker. add your roux and mix it in. put the lid on, and go smoke a bowl. ;) after your bowl go back to the cooker and add the instant mashed potatoes until it reaches the consistancy you want. i usually add a little milk too, because i like it that way. i aim for a thick chowder consistency.
    5. when it is thickened, dish it out and eat. if you turn the cooker down to low/ warm it will stay ready for the munchies that hit after your next bowl, and the flavors will have a chance to blend.

i have nothing to say as to the health of this dish, i made it up, and it tastes fucking fantastic, so i don't care! but i find a meal that fills you up is better than mindless munchies that never fill the void. play around in the kitchen. if nothing else you'll be building skills you will need as an adult. and women do love a man who can cook. you can pm me if you have any questions. im just lazy and don't want to keep typing on this topic at the moment ;)

15. Ricky(dos)Martinez

Ricky(dos)Martinez Member

Weed and munchies never really made me gain weight...the alcohol and drinking usually did that for me. I know that's the reason I gain'd a good extra 15 lbs between my fresh and soph year lol

16. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

Just stop being a fatty

17. tculi

tculi Senior Member

when you get done smoking, drink a big glass of water. water makes you feel full temporarily. i know exactly what you mean though. when i get the munchies i eat and eat and eat. i might tell myself before i smoke not to eat...but once im high i just want to experience the pleasure..so i eat and eattt. Now, i always wait to eat until im mostly come down. when im sober and my head is clear, but i can still feel a little somethin somethin. i can relate though...when i was your age exactlyi was having these same feelings. i was a pretty big dude. then, one summer i manned up and started exercising and eating better. i lost 40 pounds all while smoking the reefer. Now im really fit and i eat a lotttttt, but i never gain due to my racing metabolism. What i kind of learned is to not stress out if you got real high and decided to go to town on some food. just reelax, it wont reverse all of your efforts. In fact....sometimes, if used sparingly, binge eating can help you lose weight. if you eat a ton of food, your metabolism will start racing to burn off them calories. then the next time you eat your metabolism will still be burning at about the same rate, so if you eat less that time, you will burn off those calories faster and then it will revert to burning off calories in stored fat. Sooo what im saying is, if you eat a lot while your high, compensate for it later...once you feel your stomach is empty and you are ready for another meal, eat less that time. and yes...like everyone else said, eat better foods! cashews and almonds are good munchies. fruits yes. veggies yes. good luck!

18. Popularity

Popularity Senior Member

Seriously, just about anything tastes good when you're high. Hell, eat celery.

I always try to stay (somewhat) disciplined because I feel like a faggot who gets lazy and eats a fuckload when they're high.

19. Popularity

Popularity Senior Member

LOL.

20. PsychadellicSinatra

PsychadellicSinatra Member

I used to get the munchies hardcore & gained a lot of weight then I decided that I was going to be a healthy pothead. So I started getting healthy & working out hardcore, which helped curb my appetite. And when I did get the munchies I would start eating healthy things like fruits, protein bars, unsalted peanuts, or just a healthy meal, stuff like that. Just from that I went from 170 lbs to 140 lbs in a matter of about 6 months. So def work out & stop having shitty food around b/c its a temptation & get healthier foods.