Weekly barefoot updates! Mum, dad, and two boys of 6 and 8.

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by BareyMommy, Feb 12, 2020.

1. BareyMommy

BareyMommy Members

Got thei shoes today! The flex is good and the shape is right so they should be healthy. We made them try it on for a short walk to the food court of the mall we were in. After we left and began walking over to the car park, they took them off anyway and started going barefoot again. I guess it'll take them time to get used to it.

deadguy likes this.
  2. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

What did you end up getting them?

3. BareyMommy

BareyMommy Members

Zero Prios for both

4. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

Hopefully they will work out well.

5. BareyMommy

BareyMommy Members

Phew, just did a morning barefoot run today! 8 miles total - 1 mile grass, 2 mile footpath, about 400 yards rail road ballast (more of a walk honestly), 2 miles rough gravel and the rest asphalt. For the last mile, I picked up my 7 and 9 year old boys barefoot - 400 yards rough gravel, the rest just asphalt. It makes them feel great when I can't keep up the pace as much since I'm already puffed. Good for the legs and good for the soles! We are not staying at home as much as we were a little while ago but it is a great opportunity to go out and exercise.

6. mmicmann

mmicmann Member

Wow! Railroad ballast and gravel? You must have feet like iron.

7. RT19

RT19 Members

Yay! I do enjoy a good barefoot cross country run! I have a nice route i like to run every other night its about 6 miles and mostly on loose dirt and gravel with some slippery mud patches thrown in as well as grass, a stream and asphalt.

8. BareyMommy

BareyMommy Members

It becomes a walk there, like a sort of break for my legsa since it is half way down my route. But it's an exerciser for my feet since it is really rough. Basically I exercise my soles while my breath picks up. If I gain my breath back quickly enough, sometimes I jog the last 100 yards.

deadguy likes this.