Weed vs Shrooms

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by The Caterpillar, Sep 2, 2005.

1. The Caterpillar

The Caterpillar Member

Which do you prefer, and more importanly, how are they different?

I've smoked a ton of mary jane in my day, but never fed my head with the magic mushrooms. I'd love to hear what you guys think, such as I love smoking weed, do you think I'd like to shroom? I like to relax and be insightful, or watch cool animated old disney movies. What do ya'll think, should I try shrooms?

2. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

i still have to try shrooms, i havent gotten around to it cause there a pain to get cause no one does them here(i can get them tho),everyone here loves coke,heroin,E,and weed, it sucks i can get heroin in 10 mintues driven to my house for drit cheap but i got to pay 40$ and 1/8 for shroom which takes me 40 mintues drive to fucking get them,i fucking hate the fact everyone loves all these fucked up drugs

3. nesta

nesta Banned

they aren't very similar at all, really. now that i'm very familiar with both substances, i find far more differences than similarities. however, my first mushroom trip had certain ASPECTS of it that reminded me of my first time getting stoned....remember, both were first times.

you can't fairly compare the two the way you could compare, say, mushrooms and lsd. however, i can definitely say without hesitation that i would gladly choose mushrooms over marijuana almost any day of the week (unless it was a week or less after having just tripped)

i find mushrooms to be quite a bit more moving and spiritual than marijuana. take that with a grain of salt, though.

4. Imagine17

Imagine17 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Yeah I haven't done them and gave up on finding them cause it is has been too difficult. So I am just going to grow my own and get some free ones. I'd reccomend a try cause I know for sure I am anxious to do so.

5. phoenix88

phoenix88 Member

Shrooms are so much better!

6. blueeyedson

blueeyedson Member

I smoke way more weed than I eat shrooms...the highs are competely different. all you can do if you're wondering whether you'd like it is try it...but don't excect a high like you get from MJ. mushrooms can confuse the hell out of you, you'll keep forgeting what's going on, then you'll remember for a sec, then you'll forget all over again...for me, almost all of my shroom trips were just a cycle of thoughts one after another, but the same five thoughts over and over again...shrooms can also make you hallucinate a lot, and make you hear a constant nosie in your ears...and a few times, if you keep doing shrooms, chances are you'll have at least one bad trip as it is an extremely intense trip.

7. SirTokesAlot

SirTokesAlot Lives

theres no comparisin... they are 2 completly different drugs, with way different effects... its like saying "what do you prefer, a Dodge pickup, or vitamin D milk?"... i personally like them both for different reasons

8. nesta

nesta Banned

i disagree with pretty much of what you said, blue eyed. besides, its different for everybody.

but yesterday, for example, i had about 2g of ground aborts (p. cubensis - just testing the strength, not a real "trip," i know) that i ground in a mortar and pestle and put in gelatin capsules.....went to a coffeeshop, eat the pills with some water and a chocolate bar. my friend came over and wanted to go downtown to take some pictures, so i went with her. that took up the majority of my trip and conversation was, as usual, very easy, comfortable, and fluid. i was able to converse with people on the street and behave in a pretty normal manner. i've tripped with mushrooms a number of times i have no way to estimate, but usually i guess around two to three dozen times....never have i had anything more than very minor visual distortions, even with nearly 6 grams.

you may be different, but to say all those things ARE what mushrooms are like wouldn't be too accurate. it's different for everyone, and also depends a lot on dosage and other factors.

9. blueeyedson

blueeyedson Member

that's cool, I was just saying about my experiences...never said they WILL happen to EVERYONE (just really a "brace yourself cause this might happen")...most I ever ate was 14g of dried shrooms (a bit too much I know) and it gave me a pretty intense trip. there have been times when it was more mellow but I was still confused as hell. shrooms and weed are no comparison to one another

10. Mordiana

Mordiana Member

They're compkletely different for a different goal, not comparable but if I'd have to choose anyway I'd stick with the weed.

11. nesta

nesta Banned

gotcha. sorry, sometimes i'm just a pain in the ass. i need to work on it :)

12. blueeyedson

blueeyedson Member

yeah you are and you really do :p

13. Stabman

Stabman Member

yeah stop whining :p

anyway,
    I like them both and sometimes use them both at the same time because weed increases the intensity of the mushroom trip and keeps you laughing long after (this is for me anyway).

but if I have 2 choose between the 2 I'd prefer mushrooms over weed cause weed seemes like it doesn't do as much to you as mushrooms do, but then again weed is more something I do every weekend while when I use mushrooms I feel like it's a special occasion and i feel very anxious everytime I use them.

grtz Stabman

14. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

i'd choose...

both!