weed newbie

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Jetblack, May 11, 2004.

1. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

hey im new to weed (suprise suprise) and i had some questions. ive only smoked weed like 2 times before and both times i had some1 roll me a joint. so anyways onto my question.
    1. whe u use a pipe, i know that u have to light up the weed in the bowl then take a hit then repeat how eve rmany times, well wen do you know wen ur weed is *done* or is it u just keep taking hits until u dont want to anymore?
    2. all the pictures i see of weed are they r on a long stem kinda and are a really like fuzzy soft little plant thing, u guys know wat i mean but anyways the weed i get isnt like that wen i get dimes the weed is in like little hard balls and i have to tear em apart and seperate all the stems seeds etc how come its like this and not like on the big stem and all fuzzy and stuff?

2. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

you know the bowl is done when it all looks like ash.

the actual part of the plant you smoke is the flower part. The pistels make up the bud and when it is all dried and cured it looks like what you get.

3. Krayzie Hustle

Krayzie Hustle Member

Also I think you are referring to crazy pictures of awesome weed that you see on on the web or in high times. That weed is out there, but its not the stuff you get in dimes for $10. Keep smoking and you will come across the fuzzy good stuff one day

4. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

TRUE but its not the pistols that make up the bud. The pistols are only the "hairs" which are used for reproduction by the plant. Tricombs are what make up the bud. and like "krayzie hustle" said, keep buying bags and you'll get the goods

In a pipe , you know when its finished when theres nothing left but ashes

5. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

k thx guys for the response

6. UTcolorchangn420

UTcolorchangn420 Member

The bowl is cashed (or ashed, kicked, whatever word you use) when all the bud has turned into ash. You will know when the bud in the pipe is done because you won't get another hit. There's also a good possibility that if you hit the pipe when it's cashed that you will get ash in you mouth.

As for the pictures of bud. As someone else mentioned, you're most likely referring to some pictures in High Times or on www.overgrow or something. You're most likely getting some schwagg or mids, not the sticky dank that you see in the pictures. You can get bud like that, you just have to know the right people.

7. KBlaze

KBlaze Member

wait till you hit a bong, man

you'll flip your lid

8. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

better yet, wait til you hit some of that good weed everyone's been taking about. ahh, to be a newbie to weed.

Ediction421 likes this.
  9. bye-byethepound

bye-byethepound Member

I wish I had started with some midgrade stuff...the first time I ever smoked was straight up nugs...and I am still smoking straight up nugs.

10. lady_of_the_flowers

lady_of_the_flowers Member

You've got to feel jealous of all the newbie smokers out there. To any newbies.....make sure you appreciate the quality of the highs you are currently having, 'cause after a while, tolerance kicks in.

Try and only smoke a couple times a month, and this should never become a problem.

11. UTcolorchangn420

UTcolorchangn420 Member

Ya, make sure you appreciate your crazy newbie highs while they last.

12. InTheFlesh

InTheFlesh Member

Pipes are used to not waste weed like a joint does.

Marijuana people sell is a drier, more compact kind, put into "nugs." Basically it's just weed cut and bunched up. It also changes color when it hardens into the nug.

13. Velouria

Velouria Member

I only use the term nugs when referring to dank. To me (and most every else where I live) nugs only refer to dank that has no stems and seeds. Shwag and middies can still be in nugget form, but they have nasty seeds and stuff.

14. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

A joint waste weed? If that were so you would see tobacoo fiends smoking pipes not cigs.

The best high you'll get is from the bud you've grown yourself.

15. twoseeeyes

twoseeeyes Member

Piece of advice from someone who lives in the same town. Don't buy from shady fucks. I figure that since your new to smoking weed, and most people from Arlington don't exactly have the greatest intentions, perhaps you should get a scale. Get one of those postal scales, they're like 3 dollars, from Amoco. Then just weigh your weed out. 2 grams equal a dime 3.5 an 1/8 7 a 1/4 and so on.

You can find the good stuff you see in the pictures here, but based on your description, your talking to the wrong people. I can imagine what you are getting *shivers*

16. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

well twoseeyes maybe u could hook a brother up some time? pm me since i remember talking to u about location in were u live and it seems pretty cool so if u COULD then pm me or something i just gots to get some money though hehe which hopefully will be soon

17. dj_reegz

dj_reegz Member

as you get more experienced you will just know when the bowl is cashed and how to get the maximum amount out of it when smoking.

18. APinkBunnyRabbit

APinkBunnyRabbit Member

Since when are dime bags 2 grams? Find me 2 gram dime bags... I've 'seen .4 gram dimes of haze, .8g regular weed dimes, really nice 1g bags, but otherwise, dimes are never anywhere near 2g.

19. lady_of_the_flowers

lady_of_the_flowers Member

Joints waste weed because they are constantly burning, where as a pipe needs to be relit constantly.

Tobacco costs a fraction of the price of marijuana, and have you ever seen a smoker smoke all the way down to the filter?
    It takes nicotine about 5 seconds to reach the brain, and a smokers craving is usually satisfied after about half a cigarette, so it doesn't matter if you waste some.

20. Ediction421

Ediction421 Member

I Didn't smoke schwag weed for like 3 years until one day I moved to a different town and tried it. For like 2 weeks I was like why the fuck haven't I been buying this? You get so much more!
    Then I realized all it did was make me sleepy and hungry and the quality of the high became all important once again. It shouldn't be hard to find some chronic budz... How come no one calls it chronic anymore?

Also, It's always possible to get back to that newbie high, just smoke tons to you're dome, like in a blunt usually works for me. Except you're not gonna feel all out-of-place like a newbie, you will be fucking higher than you have been in a long time...

Time for me to get high...