Weed makes you more peaceful?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by sneepsnop, May 1, 2013.

1. sneepsnop

sneepsnop Member

I hear a lot of people say this but I can't say that I agree...

I mean it calms me down, yeah, but I wouldn't say it makes me any more peaceful than I am now. I still have sadistic tendencies, they don't go away once I smoke. I'm still very capable of anger.

I think maybe the people who say this are just angry in a reactionary way, so smoking makes them more peaceful, while I'm angry from within myself, so smoking doesn't really change that for me.

What do you guys think?

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Quit being a sadist...

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It can make you more peaceful but it does not work like that for everyone. I have encountered enough aggressive people that only became less predictable when smoking lots of weed.

4. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Never seen anyone become more aggro from smoking weed but seen some people get kinda irritable.

5. sneepsnop

sneepsnop Member

Are you insinuating that I am a sadist by choice?

6. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

yes, it does..
    everything seems wonderful while high

7. _Mushroom_Jazz

_Mushroom_Jazz Guest

When Im dreading or stressing over a certain problem in life,
    I smoke a bowl and it seems to make me more peaceful.
    I tend to not think of that problem and think more so on little things, which usually takes my mind of that situation.
    So in a way for me, yes weed does make me more peaceful.

8. largeamount

largeamount Senior Member

youre not smoking enough

9. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

everyone is different. For me, it calmed me down and helped me handle my anxiety.

10. sneepsnop

sneepsnop Member

I guess my point was that there is a difference between external anger and internal anger
    Weed can help calm you down, thus making you more peaceful, but i'm not so sure it can help with anger that comes from within and is not reactionary
    I smoke and it helps reduce outbursts but It is still inside of me
    I ask because my friends seem to think I can totally change as a person as a result of weed but I'm not so sure of that

11. sneepsnop

sneepsnop Member

I don't think it would be wise for me to smoke a lot

I have intense paranoia without weed

Plus, when I smoke I tend to give less of a shit of what people think about me, and I end up talking about my violent thoughts

I may be diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder

12. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Paranoia on weed is not uncommon,however you have an underlying anger problem which needs 'fixing'. How you fix it,whom you talk to--I have no idea because I don't know your situation and can't,really. I was going to ask you if you tried L,but it might be better if you stay away from it until you figure out the reason for your anger. If you want it 'fixed'. Obviously,anger and violence are affecting your life and will continue to do so ---unless-------Good luck with this. It's so much more pleasant to live virtually without anger.

13. Vongaelly

Vongaelly Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It makes me more peaceful, but I also want it to and use it as a way to open myself up, to relax and improve etc.

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Weed can help make people more chill for sure, mainly by helping the symptoms of anxiety or anger or whatever, but its not going to take care of some deep, underlying issue. You have to attack the root of the problem and weed can't do that for you.

15. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHsNYu6jB6Y"]Pot vs. Alcohol - YouTube

16. calgirl

calgirl Senior Member

Just the anticipation of being able to smoke calms me down. Altho if I'm embedded in some emotional upset, pot can heighten it, so I try to be careful. Also....I tend to be a solitary smoker, or only with a few others. Its not a partying drug for me.

17. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

It's a mixed bag and like any other substance, dose dependent.

If I get into a heavy smoking/usage pattern for a while, days/weeks, I notice that things that would normally be minor I can often obsess about and build up into a negative anger, and other things that infuriate me when sober are often "Meh, big deal".
    I have noticed there is a point when with heavy usage that emotional responses will overwhelm cognitive responses, resulting in disproportionate emotion responses to situations, whether positive or negative.
    Getting furious over some minor remark or perceived insult or weeping like a baby over a stupid commercial, that kind of stuff.
    So if your personality is already inclined to anger and negative thoughts, heavy cannabis use could exaggerate that.
    At least that is what I have personally noticed.

When stopping or drastically cutting back usage there does seem to be a "withdrawal" period in which a person can become very irritable for a few days.
    For me if I quit after a prolonged period of daily smoking, I know down to the day how my "withdrawal" progress's.

Day 1) not too bad, a little more heightened anxiety.
    Day 2) irritability starts to set in
    Day 3-4) I get hit with almost crippling anxiety, and often will seek out some more to smoke because of how incredibly intense the anxiety can become.
    Day 5-6) I'm pretty much a bastard to be around.
    Day 7) things start to mellow out and moods even out, but cravings intensify.

after about a two weeks, I could take it or leave it, but I usually choose to take it :D
    That is my pattern if I have been smoking very heavily for a number of weeks.

Your mileage may vary. :)

18. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

[​IMG]