weed isn't harmless....

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by boothy, Apr 24, 2007.

1. BudToker

BudToker Senior Member

In this case it was totally just splitting hairs. I'm not saying you are wrong, I am saying that he obviously meant harmful when smoked or ingested, not when used as a weapon or trying to choke somone by shoving ganj down their throat lol.

2. AWITCHCALLEDWONDER

AWITCHCALLEDWONDER Member

I agree! It's not "harmless" and people who take drugs should know all the ins and outs before taking em. Know your drugs peeps, full stop!

3. -beatnick

-beatnick Senior Member

its not harmless, but sure as fuck less than alchohol. so the fucking nazis that run the usa should get their heads out of their asses.

4. ssreetnulov

ssreetnulov Member

Seen this before.

5. boothy

boothy Senior Member

seen what, this post... or those types of quotes?

you better not try n be pedantic with me [​IMG] ;)

6. Share the Warmth

Share the Warmth Member

Widespread marijuana use is one thing I can see that would actually stand a chance of setting this society straight. I believe a ton of people would immediately realize how much of a joke organized religion is, and even how screwed up the far right viewpoint on wealth distribution is, within a few months of beginning to smoke.

Does marijuana do social damage? I don't think so. I think it creates awareness and helps people find solutions for problems. Sounds to me like things that contribute to the well being of society.

7. dutch17

dutch17 Member

I agree with you a lot man, but at the same time, just because you and many of us others here on the boards have experienced this awareness about social problems through marijuana use, I'm sure there are a lot of people that would have different, if not contradictory experiences. There are many sides to every drug. Think about bad trips people when they're on hallucinogens, or the many different type of drunks there are (sad drunk, fighting drunk, happy drunk) and you will realize that experiencing marijuana wouldn't cause as much social change as you might think. The same way that religion seriously affects some people while it doesn't touch others at all. I am just as pro legalization as anyone else here, but to say that marijuana use would set this society straight, i think, is a bit naive. However, the legalization would put an end to many various social problems harming our society today. there would be less people in prison and there would be less drug-oriented street crime. so while it would solve problems, people using marijuana is not a cure-all for societies ailments

8. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

Ahhh the ole smoke a joint get philosophical :)

<edit> Bah forget it dude!

9. dutch17

dutch17 Member

i saw your post before you edited it, and if i may make a few comments.

you said that you dont see how religion is a joke. how about it restricts peoples lives, and promotes a seperation between peoples? spanish inquisition, holocaust, the religious wars in europe, the reconquista, the killing of the native peoples by europeans, the crusades, not to mention the current war between the US and Iraq, all religious battles. The social wars in America between the "conservatives" and the gay and lesbian community is pretty much solely based on religion. And you said that atheists want to "ban prayer." well, it isn't ban it so much as say, dont force your beliefs down our throats by holding prayers iin public schools. is that too much to ask?

and the distribution of wealth in our country is NOT the way it should be a free society. the middle class is shrinking, and in case you didn't know, one of the best indicators of how a society is doing as whole is how well the middle class is doing. well, they aren't doing. they rich are getting richer, and the poor are getting poorer. with roughly 1/2 of the nation's poor fighting for 1/3 of the overall wealth, id say there is a problem there. at some point we need to say, hey, its not about wealth and personal advancement here, there are some human issues that need to be addressed

10. paintballer687

paintballer687 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Oh, god... and the religion talks begin... Religion is not a joke, it does not restrict people's lives, it's a conscience choice, perhaps you have mistaken it with specific cultures? Sure, it promotes a seperation between people, but what doesn't? Smoking weed seperates those who smoke and those who don't, with full fledged media wars, etc., so then is smoking bud a joke? And the US war in Iraq, it's not a religious war, it's all about oil. And there is not public prayer in school last time I checked. Atheists want to take out "under God" in the US pledge of allegience, it's tradition more than it is religious, it's just them nit picking at things because they can.

11. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

Which is why I deleted it - to avoid broad sweeping generalizations.

<see I deleted a huge drawn out response again> :) Let me paraphrase it though. As much as you prefer not to have "prayer" rammed down your throat the opposite is fine then - evolution, "anything with god mentioned". Tolerance is both sides. - my point.

War has been going on since Cain slew Abel. Any reason for war is nuts, however it will happen religion or not. <- Its true :)

I understand how you took what I previously wrote out of context - well as I had deleted it.

What was stated was:

I have no problem with the distribution of wealth as it is - it is the current method of taxation that is the problem. Trust me, I am fully aware of the shrinking middle-class. I have been paying FICA, Fed et al for over 23 years. Believe me :)

All in all the point was weed is not going to solve shit.

12. dutch17

dutch17 Member

our side may be about oil, but look at the opposition. islamic extremist fighting for allah. if that isn't a religious war, then what is?

and while religionmay be a conscious choice for some, think of the indoctrination that takes place so often. if you are raised in a highly christian household that tells you that if you dont practice you're going to hell, are you really consciously choosing that? i dont think so.

13. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

Vietnam, Korea, WWI & II..... vikings :D

The same fighting is in northern india (hindus vs the moslems) it is what it is. No one ever said war was sane. Any group of organized people have an excellent relationship amongst themselves and dislike those with alternate views. Politics, Religion, precious metals, land.... realistically humans will war for anything.

Your example goes both ways. Atheist parents would do what? Hindu parents do what? Hippy parents, etc.... Parents try to raise their children as they see correct. Your concious choice will be made later in life.

14. dutch17

dutch17 Member

as unrealistic as it is, i feel that parents should remain completely out of their children's spiritual lives. My parents basically did, and when I was in elementary/middle school i explored christiany, questioned it towards the end of middle school and by my sophomore year of high school had reached my spiritual conclusion as an atheist. At least as far a judeo-christian type God is concerned. My girlfriend's parents took the same approach, and she reached the same conclusion. But i guess humanism isn't for everyone.

I also find it strange, when i talk to friends of mine that hold christian or other regilious beliefs, they hardly ever believe in the possibility of peace. If you believe in God, how could not believe that God created a world possible of peace?

I know that it is unrealistic to expect that from parents, but i feel like if you let people reach conclusions on their own, they will benefit from those conclusions a thousand times more than if they had been forced upon them.

15. NickWhat

NickWhat Member

Yeah, anything that is smoked is harmful.

If I had my own place, and if it didn't smell, I'd make food with marijuana.

16. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

I would prefer not to go to far in depth so I'll make this brief.

God gave man free will, it is man who decided to destroy what was given.

Not asking for debate this is off topic enough but there it is.

17. smokindude

smokindude Senior Member

Your right budbill.

18. boothy

boothy Senior Member

it's an excuse, something to unite upon and use as a justification.

the REAL reason is because the west deserves it. we have ripped apart the middle east ourselves, our treatment of these countries in the past 150 years has been so fuckin bad that if any country did it now, we'd be screaming for peace.

it's called history mate. we made the middle east the shithole it is, and now we are feeling the heat. however we can destroy their buildings and kill their civilians, and it is "military operations" - they do the same and it is "terrorism".

i'm not defending either. in fact i'm attacking both.

but to think it is actually about islam really is fucking stupid.

19. BudToker

BudToker Senior Member

That's if you believe in God. Newho..no more offtopicness

20. dutch17

dutch17 Member

okay now, bin laden and the afghanis were pissed at the US because GW1 funded them to fight off the Ruskies. Once the soviet union collapsed, the US pulled out all their funds, making way for the warlords to take over. other than that, what in the past 150 years are you talking about? the shiites and the sunis are basically fighting each other, and have had problems with each other for a looooong time. how is that caused by the west? and jihad is a religious war. if they're just looking for something to unite under, as you say, then why don't they just do it under a "Fuck the west and the US" and unite under that? When i see videos of the extremists on their hands and knees praying multiple times a day, videos of people that have been in the organizations talking about the indoctrination through religion, i have a hard time thinking that it isn't playing a large role. to say that it DOESN"T have anything to do with islam is fucking stupid.