Weed & Higher Education

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by SinisterBotanist, Aug 18, 2013.

1. SinisterBotanist

SinisterBotanist Member

Hey everyone. I've thought about becoming a stoner, or at least a motivated, responsible stoner if that even is possible. I want to believe you can smoke daily and keep good cognitive integrity, but I haven't really tested it out for myself yet.

Another semester is coming up, and I know I'm going to try studying/going to classes high. Does anyone have any experience with this? I don't want to call marijuana a cognitive enhancer, but I think it potentially could be used in the same way one would use caffeine to aid in understanding concepts. So has marijuana use helped or hindered your educational experience? >:B

2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I have studied stoned many times. I feel like it slows my mind down and I can actually comprehend what I read although it is hard to remember sometimes. But that was only for subjects I had trouble with anyway so I was not remembering it anyway.

I was prescribed ADD meds when I was younger and compared to that stuff weed is amazing for school. I don't see how anyone can benefit from Aderal or the like, I never did.

3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

^^ Of the 2 times I smoked Meth, one of them was when I was writing a 15 page essay, which I accomplished in a single night and received an A on. Probably the best paper I ever wrote in college. My topic was comparing the California Gold Rush era to the 60's San Francisco Hippie era. I found the ability to comprehend reading material and then translate thoughts from my head into a structured essay format seamless and unparalleled focus. But...

DON'T DO METH ... LOL

I'd occasionally smoke weed for homework or taking notes and I enjoy reading while high and having something to take notes with on handy. However I smoked weed for architectural design and that was kind of a nightmare. Being high didn't really mix with having to work with drawing very defined designs with the instruments involved, especially when being constrained by a time schedule.

4. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

Not exactly related, but I sometimes find it harder to program applications when high. I would get lost and forget alot of stuff. On the other hand, when I'm coming down from weed or I just smoked a little I can program perfectly well, if not better.

But I don't think I'd be able to manage something like this full-time.

5. RIPTIDE59

RIPTIDE59 Banned

How could one even begin attending a government funded facility without being stoned?
    By now , the state funded propoganda must be enough to require daily bong hits to even begin to deal with.

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It depends on the person and your mood if you can study stoned succesfully but getting stoned for classes is not such a good idea. Also, you shouldn't smoke everyday because you want to be a stoner but because you feel like it on the day. Smoking daily to see you if you can handle your study stoned and perhaps finding out you can't seems not the greatest idea to me either. For me my weed smoking bordered on being hindering because I most often was tempted on postponing rather than studying stoned. I do agree though that studying your homework while stoned can help breaking it down for you or simply making it a more pleasant occupation of your time. The focussing aspect can go both ways depending on the person and their mood, you can smoke and get totally distracted/demotivated or the exact other way around!

7. SinisterBotanist

SinisterBotanist Member

Good perspectives guys. Getting high and reading a philosophy of complex systems text was slow but I took in a LOT of information. Great stuff.