Weed and Relationships

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by jahmin, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

man, just about everything kills brain cells... they're just sooo easy to kill, like iraqis.

2. slinkie

slinkie Member

My guy and I have been together for 6 years and he doesn't smoke at all. Me? I smoke A LOT. He loves hanging with me and my friends when we smoke, I never ignore him while smoking..hell he makes it more interseting sometimes.
    He will occasionally eat some cannabutter food, but very rarely.

He used to smoke pot when he were a teen, but it always messed him up mentally, so he didn't care that much for it. Now he has randoms at his place of work, so he couldn't right now even if he really wanted too.
    Good. More for me. haha!

3. Monolith

Monolith Member

I never held my breath for that long, that is just stupid. ITs a myth about holding your breath in for a long time anyways, as soon as thc hits your lungs it goes into your blood stream. Yeah you dont puff away on it like cigarettes but 3-5 seconds of holding it in your lungs is plenty of time, and that doesnt kill brain cells...

4. Falcone136

Falcone136 Member

Smokin dude, you have to be the first member I know that isnt controlled by Marijuana, good for you!

5. sexbanshee

sexbanshee Member

When my partner started smoking weed our sex life became
    different....I couldnt "feel" him anymore...

He said that he felt he was in a different room and couldnt
    really connect with me..

I prefer it when he is clear tbh...

6. epic1

epic1 Member

youre young. fuck her. if she wants a sober you, than peace. I had one like that. Now I got a perfect wife. she rules. packs me bowls. love her.

7. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

my mum smokes but her husband doesnt. it seems fine. theyre adults though, and are mature about their livestyles.

my girlfriend and i had a lot of trouble with weed when we started seeing eachother. now she smokes with me, but she doesnt approve of frequency or extent all the time.

but other friends of mine have to keep drugs away from their girlfriends.

i think in us younger people, you gotta either do it with em or not do it around them, yaknow?

my girlfriend didnt actually mind me being stoned at all from what i was doing, it was the thought that i was on a different level to her that made her feel isolated or just distant. so if i didnt tell her i was high, it was all cool. but then id feel guilty caus she wants to knoiw

anyway im just giving a situation where is worked out. she never really did drugs before she met me (not properly at least)

8. Layla Nahar

Layla Nahar Member

thanks for that

9. Layla Nahar

Layla Nahar Member

relationships are funny ... You never know what is going to work and what isn't. I think it's possible that you can find such a person. I also think you have to make it clear pretty early on that if a person isn't cool with what's important to you, they don't have to stay. & the other thing too - you gotta ask rather than assume. A lot of times what we think is important to the other person is not actually that important to them. Best advice for relationships - keep an open mind, and keep the lines of communication open.

10. rasprophecy

rasprophecy Member

depends on how you act, ive been with my gurl for a couple years and i cant remmember the last time i wasnt high. she got used to it. i act the same when im high, act the same when im not. I just feel better when im high, which is why i smoke blunts. she has no problem with that. "whatever makes me happy"

If she wants to leave you over an herb, then let her leave...

11. nirmalamaya

nirmalamaya Member

You must not be looking very hard. There are MANY people here who are not controlled my marijuana and one doesnt have to look deep to see them.

12. kar33m

kar33m Member

Now this is some good advice. I totally agree with you and I think you are a very smart person especially for your age.

13. hippieatheart

hippieatheart vagina boob

just let me say first, that i was in sort of the same situations that your gf was in before.
    i was dating my now ex-boyfriend for 1 year and he left for college. i smoked weed, but not as much as i do now, and he started selling. at first it was alright, and i didn't mind.. but then he got so into selling that it was his life 24/7.
    i told him about it, and we argued for awhile.. but then i guess i just let it go and we would just start smokin all the time, and i started having fun w/ it. so it all worked out in the end lol

so i would say that yes a person that smokes can be with a person who doesn't smoke.. cause me and my ex were perfect examples of it.. and now i smoke all the time

if only he wasn't such an asshole, i would still be with him haha :tongue:

14. slaterr

slaterr Member

haha id laugh so hard if i saw someone hold in weed for over 30 secs

15. Bud_Man

Bud_Man Member

Hmm.. reminds me, I dated a girl about 5-6months ago. She drank like no other, but always nagged me for smoking. I couldn't even see my friends without her being upset, because she always thought everytime they come over I'm smoking. (Which, 80% of the time is true) Relationships do not work if they don't trust you, or approve of what you do. What made me mad is she could drink half a bottle of vodka, but I couldn't smoke a blunt.

It's best to let people like that go.

16. †ù®Ké¥ š†ûƒƒïñg

†ù®Ké¥ š†ûƒƒïñg Eminent Herbalist

Word up