Wedding Photos

Discussion in 'Art' started by mlo, Apr 10, 2007.

1. mlo

mlo Member

I'm taking wedding photos on April 21st and was wondering if anyone has any tips, maybe something I havn't thought of yet. I'm also doing a bigger wedding in July.I took wedding photos for my friend as a wedding gift, but that was about 5 years ago. I did learn a few things, like going over a list of photos with the bride and groom, etc. Mostly I'm having a problem with pricing. I obviously am not charging as much as professional photographers, but I don't want to screw myself either. I figured I'd charge a price per roll for the film and developing and then a flat rate per hour. If anyone has any tips or ideas for the photos or preperation it'd be appreciated. Thanks!

2. x_WaX_x

x_WaX_x Member

i've got a wedding in may, i charge 400-500 for the day and 100 photos, plus since i work with digital SLR, i give them a free CD of all the pictures i took that day.

3. mlo

mlo Member

That is a great idea.... I need to get a digital camera.... well, a good one at least. This girl only wants a few pictures I come to find, I could technically fit them all on a 24 roll of film. But I guess what do you want when it's a fire hall wedding...man I hope that isn't just a Pennsylvania thing. I havn't done a wedding in so long that I decided to go really cheapo and cut her a break and call it practice for me, I'm charging her $20 per hour for my time and $15 for each roll of film-the roll itself and developing, she said she only needs me for 1 hour and only wants about 24 shots, I told her right off that since I use film I want to take at least three of each shot to ensure a better final picture. With that said I'll probably end up getting about $50 for me in the end, not the ideal, but again, it's more experiance, so thats ok. I have another wedding coming up in July, I will be doing the whole day, so I think I'm going to use your idea with the $400-500 for the day, I'll see how it works with this small wedding so I see how it'll all really work out. I think I kind of screwed myself, but I gave her a price off the top of my head, it sounded good at the time, then again, that woudl be me making $50 in one hour... I guess I can't complain.