Wedding Ceremony Next Wednesday

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Kinky Ramona, Jun 14, 2013.

1. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

What? No Dilly bars?

2. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

lol, Nope. It's been almost 6 months since I was laid off.

Kozmic, I'll PM you my Pinterest. It has my last name on it, so I don't want to post it here. :D

3. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Hey Ramona every time I see your post I think of this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux-feE6lfKk"]Sublime - Waiting For My Ruca - YouTube

4. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

Very cool! Congratulations!

5. Sassygurl

Sassygurl Member

I love weddings with sensible budgets, seems ridiculous to me when people spend thousands of dollars... yours sounds great. Love the dress too!

6. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

Out of curiosity, is there a reason you're not ready to make a plunge into building your credit? I don't think I know anybody personally at your age that doesn't have some sort of credit, good or bad.

7. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Wait, you're gonna get married Kinky?
    Congratulations to you and the lucky guy!

8. Kinky Ramona

I'm not uninterested in building my credit, I've just been denied for every single credit card I've ever applied for (only about 3, it's kind of depressing, though) and I'm not really sure how else to build it. I still owe Daniel's parents about $1500 (they paid for our fence last year and "sold" me a car, under the understanding that I'd eventually pay them back) and they're the only people with credit good enough to co-sign a signature loan for me, so I don't want to ask them to do that until I can pay them back. I actually probably have a few marks on my credit score, I had a cell phone bill go to collections, but I paid it off in the time they gave me and they said since I got it paid right away, that it wouldn't be a good or a bad mark, it just would be there. Whatever that means. I should have a good mark from purchasing my class ring in high school, but Jostens lies and doesn't report good marks to your credit. And I never went to school, so I have no student loans to earn credit from. So...it's mostly not really having any money and not knowing where to start.

9. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Wednesday eh.
    That's cool, Saturday weddings are so cliche.

10. Kinky Ramona

My family has been protesting the Wednesday wedding all year, lol. But I have it set for 7:30 in the evening, so everyone who was unable to take off work for that day will be off work in time to make it. But my dad is soooo grumpy about it not being on a Saturday. But we always wanted to have it on our anniversary and if we waited until a year that it fell on a Saturday, we'd be waiting until 2021. 8 years from now, lol. Soooo they were just out of luck.

11. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Congratulations!

12. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Congrats :)

I've been married for..... um forever.

13. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

yeah, but there's still plenty of other great guys out there

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

You're my hero for not getting a license and going forward with the wedding anyways. I've debated doing the same thing.

I like your dress!

15. Kinky Ramona

Thanks so much, Meliai, you should go for it and do the same! You might could find someone willing to officiate without a license, but if you can't, hell, just do what we did and have a friend do it for you!

16. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Congratulations on all your plans coming together and your dress is lovely. :)

I think it is wonderful to celebrate your commitment to each other and how you have chosen to do so seems to fit with who you are. It is really great to have the prioroty right in that you and he are what matters not all the pomp and stuff. Nice! :)

17. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

congrats on your wedding.

about your credit score...my wife had the same problem. she never really paid any bills, so she didn't have credit, good or bad. she would get denied for every credit card she applied for.

she the got a "secured credit card" that works like a debit card. you pre-load it with money (a couple hundred bucks she did) and then use it like a credit card. after that first time, then you establish a very small credit line and after a few months of using that she was able to apply for and get accepted to get a major credit card.

18. Kinky Ramona

That's really interesting, I should look into that. I really don't NEED a credit card, but I probably do need credit of some sort. And if we're working on improving his credit score, it couldn't hurt to start developing one for myself, so if we do go the completely legal route with the license and all, our credit will be on about the same level, lol.

19. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Hamburgers And Chips At A Wedding Reception,

Sounds Very Australian To Me...[​IMG].

Congrats, And All The Best For Wednesday...:).

Cheers Glen.

20. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

That is NOT what a secured credit card is. Generally with a secured credit card, you need to make a deposit into something like a savings account or a cd. The bank then uses that money as collateral. You still have to make monthly payments if your card has a balance. It's NOT a prepaid debit card.