Wearing a long wig as I want to have long hair, but I have a receding hairline

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by Matt1979, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Matt1979

Matt1979 Senior Member

I have wanted to have long hair for a long time. I tried growing my hair years ago, but it went out of shape and became difficult to manage. In the last few years I have started to have a receding hairline that I'm always self-conscious of (I'm 40) and I have recently considered buying a long wig. i hope this doesn't sound too odd, but I have always liked the long hair hippie look, but I would be conscious of buying the right wig and not one of those cheap fancy dress "hippie wigs".

I have also thought about a dreadlock wig as there's no way I could grow my hair to get dreads now. What do you all think?

2. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Back in 1970 I knew a marine who returned from Vietnam and would wear one of his mother's wigs when he hung with us.
    Of course everybody knew and he had a lot of fun doing it...not because he was self conscious.

If fact, if I remember correctly we were barely conscious at all most of the time.

Matt1979 likes this.
  3. Matt1979

Matt1979 Senior Member

Seriously, though what do you all think about me wearing a long wig (men's style)?

4. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

IMO men's wigs often look ridiculous but who am I to say what you can or can't wear.

5. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Who cares?

Matt1979 likes this.
  6. Obie1989

Obie1989 Members

If it feels good, do it. As long as your feeling good doesn't interfere with anyone else's feeling good, fuck what anyone else thinks. Be you, man.

Matt1979 and scratcho like this.
  7. Matt1979

Matt1979 Senior Member

As long as the wig looks natural and not ridiculous than their shouldn't be a problem. Something I have noticed are those Hippie Fancy Dress kits that often come with cheap and fake wigs, the whole costumes look tacky to me and they seem a "cartoonish" version of hippie clothes.

8. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Have you not noticed Hephatrump's wig lately ???