We were gonna change the world...what happened?

Discussion in 'Back to the Garden' started by mosaicthreads, Mar 11, 2005.

1. thismoment

thismoment Member

You too, Reverend JC.

2. Reverand JC

Reverand JC Willy Fuckin' Wonka

Thanks man!

C/S,
    Rev J

3. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

thats way nice of you to say TM. posting silliness on a HF is a far cry from activism, however just like most here i do put my values on display.

one of the hardest lessons to learn (still haven't) is to just shut my mouth. i learn a lot more from people like you if i forget about myself and listen to someone else, that's where i really grow as a person.
    as far as change the world, well like i said i've got my hands full trying to change me.

:nopity:

4. childofdelight

childofdelight Member

Live your life as an example, and the right kind of people will be sure to take notice--they may even attempt to emulate you in some ways.

5. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

6. childofdelight

childofdelight Member

Ying, and yang. What behaviour do you wish to see reflected in the world?

"Overused Ghandi quote."

7. thismoment

thismoment Member

Yeah, I dig that.

8. childofdelight

childofdelight Member

Which wolf do we feed?

. . .

But then, what of the wolves--in sheeps' clothing?

The truth is that many people are sheep, and they require a shepherd. It takes a great deal of strength to be a leader, and many people are weak.

How, then, shall we awaken the masses to their true potential? How can we help others to realize their own power? How can we reveal the capacity of our species--as a whole--to every brother, and sister, throughout the world?

9. mntbear

mntbear Guest

Some of us are still struggling to make a change. I try every day to just touch someone or something. I still get busted on all the time for being a hippie. We run a campground in north GA and operate on a handshake and an honest jar. People tell me every day that you can't operate like this, but if no one does then we might as well all give up.

live simply so others can simply live

10. childofdelight

childofdelight Member

*channel changes*

Covet your neighbor!

Buy our @#$%!

*channel changes*

11. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

When I posted on this thread on 8/28/05 I noted that we didn't get marijuana legalized. Now 8 years later it's mostly legalized in Washington and Colorado, and other states plan to vote on similar bills in the 2014 midterm elections. We continue to change the world!

12. childofdelight

childofdelight Member

In the meantime, the NSA has been spying on us, and the world has gradually shifted more towards something out of 1984.

In other news...

13. Paulwenz

Paulwenz Banned

"People tell me every day that you can't operate like this,.."

Thanks for being as you are.
    Most of the time your way works and there are bonus rewards, you feel good or someone says something nice.

14. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

The whole world? ;) :sunny:

15. Paulwenz

Paulwenz Banned

Orwell saw many details that now have come to be part of our lives, big-brother and the police state .

It is a strange book really as it is so close to how things are.

16. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

When the police kick in my door and arrest me for thought crime I'll take your statement seriously.

17. GardenGuy

GardenGuy Senior Member

If people are an active part of your community, there is ample time for them to demonstrate whether they are "all take and no give" or people who "pay it forward" and believe in your community, believe in their friends and act accordingly.

No one expects you to treat strangers the same way you treat neighbors.
    But that is your decision of course. We all help people out from time to time with no expectation that they will ever be able to pay us back. We can only ask them to pay it forward.

As far as leaving valuables out unprotected, unlocked doors... it seems that in some places anything not nailed down gets stolen immediately.

I have been to one mountain town where a woman (Judy) would leave her car with the keys in the ignition. When asked why, she said, "If someone took it, everyone would know that there goes Judy's car, a-headin' down the road and Judy ain't drivin' it!"

18. childofdelight

childofdelight Member

I think that I'll move to New Zealand, or perhaps I'll attempt to join a remote tribe in the jungles of South America. =)

19. Paulwenz

Paulwenz Banned

Here in Australia the police have gone too far, even in the country the police tend to be aggressive and now every car on the road is subject to "number plate recognition" various things are searched automatically before you are pulled over.
    Revenue raising and double de-merit points every other weekend on the most minor infringements.

However you want a cop for something and you can't get one.
    Generally they are not interested in domestic violence or vandalism or protecting a landlord's property if the tenant is doing willful damage , yet you try to evict the tenant and you have the police taking the side of the tenant.

20. mntbear

mntbear Guest

Paying it forward is the only thing we can hope for. If we start a ripple or just make a change for a moment in someone else. I am happy as can be. People walk around our campground and we have so many sayings and little pieces of different art work and special areas, sayings and verses, that every one that comes threw the gate, gets a little smile on their face. Or they just stop for a moment and think about something else. I will never stop believing that we touch some one and it does pay forward. We have had some of the biggest badest motorcycle guys just break down and cry, because of our kindness. Also have had guest email us about amazing things they have done for others. Every morning I get up and sit in front of the waterfall, drink my coffee, and say thank you. I got one more day to enjoy life.