We should all believe in God.

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by Rayan, May 20, 2007.

1. undercooked

undercooked Member

You're going the wrong way with your lists. Maybe you should bring up all of the bad things that have been caused by the true lambs of god, such as the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, colonialism, the Indian Partition, the institutionalized abuse of women and children (e.g. the Catholic Church, the LDS Church, Sharia Law), the Salem Witch trials, Fox News, 9/11, etc.

Now, if I am correct, religious people have done most of the terrible things throughout history. A god that doesn't exist can't make demands to hurt others, and without religion, people have one less basis for all of the stupid, violent things they will inevitably do. That is not to say that the secular are incapable of brutality, but having the support of a magical, omniscient super-ghost can be powerfully influential.

2. dazedandconfused11

dazedandconfused11 Member

3. sunyatasamsara

sunyatasamsara Member

Rationally their is no god because suffering exists. Their is only one way their could be a god and thats if were it's dreams. Thats what Hindus believe.

4. sunyatasamsara

sunyatasamsara Member

"i dream therefore i am not"

5. dazedandconfused11

i beleive in my soul and if i want to live physically after i die, i would beleive in jesus.

6. dazedandconfused11

isnt that what jesus is about?

7. Greengirl

Greengirl Senior Member

i think everybody belive in GOD , but in a different ways

8. LucyInTheSky777

LucyInTheSky777 Member

i cannot believe in something that doesnt make any sense whatsoever. you are free to believe anything you like, i dont mind. but trying to convince other people that your way is THE way when their minds are already made up is futile (and annoying).

Peace!

9. daveyjones1

daveyjones1 Member

just seeing this thread made me come up w/ a thousand different arguements on how god doesn't exist... but then jesus handed me a blunt and said "shut the fuck up." :D
    (i'm an atheist!)