We should all believe in God.

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by Rayan, May 20, 2007.

1. smokindude

smokindude Senior Member

i love God, i know for a fact he exists because of what he has done in my life, personally. Everyone can find God, its up to them whether they want to or not, you wont unless you show God you want to live a life for him.

Near-death.com also proves of a God.

2. happiehippie

happiehippie Member

ah, so sick and tired about hearing what I'm supposed to do with my life because that's what god wants.

3. Ocean Bionic

Ocean Bionic Hero of the People

god just wants me to dance!

4. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Wait... were you the next guy in life?

Man... doesn't it suck that god charges 20$ a pop?

I swear, he fucks like a 5$ hooker at best.

5. Hala

Hala Member

god is something you can't prove true or false, and people who believe in his existence are certain they are right. They started with open minds and now their belief is fixed.

Seems to me that god is likely common delusion

6. dazedandconfused11

dazedandconfused11 Member

i dont think god is real, but like when you study about gods you can do something

7. hellixxx

hellixxx Member

if a "god" created us, then what created this "god".. does "god" have a "god"?..
    i was an atheist, but now i'm a bit more of an agnostic.. i don't know what to believe.. i don't believe in organized religion, but i am fairly open to all sorts of different beliefs.
    but really, there are so many possibilities of what could exist.. i don't know if humans will ever know "the answer", but it's fun to think about.

8. Riggs

Riggs Banned

I believe in God. He gave me some beautiful kids. One of them looks like this guy.

9. hippy i am

hippy i am poppy seed bagels

There's a big difference between "this guy" & Bon Jovi.

So, your kid is still stuck in the 80s?

I want to buy him a Chia Pet.

Ch-Ch-Ch-Chia!

10. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I agree.
    If God wants me to do something, then She will provide a good reason.
    If God is so powerful, She would be able to let us know what She wants without using those loudmouth twits as her mouthpiece.

"Cats are God's demonstration that not everything needs to be useful."

11. hippy i am

hippy i am poppy seed bagels

Twits = the Evangelists?

They are so annoying.

12. dazedandconfused11

dazedandconfused11 Member

lol chiapet..

i think god is stupid and doesnt exist

13. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

If god is all powerful then god can determine whether or not we believe. If god can't do this, then god is not all powerful.

14. Gen. Disarray

Gen. Disarray Banned

i think we should believe in it all. flying monsters, xenu, zeus, santa, moses, muhhamed, jesus. ALL of it. must be fun living in a fantasy world all the time. can i be a god too? i want some wings and shit. ya! i can fly!

15. TattoedAquarian

TattoedAquarian Senior Member

We should not believe in any one thing all together.

But it would be nice if everyone believed in the possibility of anything or any 'one' thing.

The possibility of God, ghosts, that the Simpsons Movie will be released, that who are alive, etc.

16. sanja_serbia

sanja_serbia Senior Member

Alright, you can be God.

17. Ocean Bionic

ok, but there are tons of athiests who have done just a much for our modern mode of thought. for example, Albert Einstein, Thomas Edison, Sigmund Freud and Charles Darwin. even former president Abe Lincoln said "The Bible is not my book nor Christianity my profession. I could never give assent to the long, complicated statements of Christian dogma."

18. princeofpeace

princeofpeace Member

exactly, im sick of jahovus witnesses coming to my door and forcing this nostradamus prophecy shit on me. i mean it was cool when christianity started, i dont really care what religion you are, but now its just a bunch of completely biased jesus-freaks telling me that im gonna go to hell to grovel at the feet of a red guy with horns. its rediculous. i think some people a long time ago just took some bad acid and were like " duuuuude i totally just saw a burning bush and, like, a voice told me that there was a god or something" moses was burnin some bush... thats why they have those nasty crackers and wine in church... he had the munchies. yup, acid, pot and wine and crackers all go together[​IMG][​IMG]

19. Ocean Bionic

I could fill up this page with examples of people who have achieved great things and who consider themselves to be either athiest or agnostic.

saying that the unbelievers would never deliver as much good creation into this world as believers is a statement with no ground for reference

...and there is a big difference between believing in A god and believing in God. The difference is that in one way or another, we benefit more from those who implement their ideas without the focus of God as a contributing factor in the mold of society. More often than not, ultra-religious people are only interested in their own ideals and base their contributions off what they see is right in their own perspective. The greatest minds seem to have all been people who have questioned God and have gone on to do the right thing for the greater good of the universe, and not for their own religious beliefs.

20. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Albert Einstein was apparently an avid reader of the Bhagavad Gita. :tongue: