We should all believe in God.

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by Rayan, May 20, 2007.

1. greenvoodoo

greenvoodoo Member

its just funny to me to see people arguing over something none of them can prove or disprove no conclusion has been reached and its not going to happen in this thread.

find your own path

2. snakeyes

snakeyes Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

If that's your opinion, why are you on this thread? Personally, I would aim to 'explain' the existence of god rather than to prove it. You can't prove something if you don't know what that thing is. The only reason that people think they need proof of God is that they don't understand what God actually is. If they did understand, then it would be obvious to them. God is that which is. If you do not know God then what you think is God isn't God. Maybe we should just forget about the word 'God' because it's got too much baggage and that's all that people can see when they think about it

3. Benther Dondat

Benther Dondat Member

The ultimate sin of monotheism is the denial of our intuition and the manipulation of our perceptual lenses (beliefs). The human spirit truly reflects the profound cosmic resonance that gives the beat to our heart and the rhythm to our breath. Our nature is to be honest and trusting but our karma (cultural institutions) betrays us. We are taught to search for enlightenment in our intellect when in fact it is our intellect that betrays us.

The cruel veil of monotheism blinds our minds ā€œIā€ to our innate spirituality. Monotheism is imperialistic. There is no escape. To be enlightened is to have the sense and the will to hold back the veil.

4. darkain

darkain Member

I find people who dismiss the idea of got to be incredibly ignorant. They can't even give you a real answer besides making fun of you. At least there is alot of people who are very vocal about it. I'm open to the idea.

5. PurpleGel

PurpleGel Senior Member

who's your God?

the idea of God as being a male human being sitting up in the clouds making arbitrary rules and regulations and dealing out punishment at will is entirely dismissable, in my opinion.

...but the idea of God as being some universal driving force--something quintessential--or fundamental that originates pure creativity and infinite possibility on the absolute deepest level.... this, i will entertain.

what's your God?

6. neponiatka

neponiatka Senior Member

i cant believe in god
    i think it's some kinda limitation of mind

7. ~peace~

~peace~ Senior Member

Ok Im guessing that you mean God when you said "got" but in fact, that is one of the most ignorant things I have ever read.

Now to the original poster, I cannot believe that you say that God is the "logical" answer. So you are effectivly saying that it is logical to believe in something that there is no proof what so ever for? So working on this "logic" would you believe me if i said that i had a giant space robot under my bed that is 300 meters wide and 500 meters tall?
    If you use the same "logic" that you use to belive in god, then there is a space robot undr my bed. Hmm. Doesnt really sound like the logical answer to me...

If you show me some evidence for god then i will be happy to belive it but until you find me some (that isnt the cult book of fairy tales. oh sorry, the bible) I will continue to refuse beliving in the existance of a god.

8. hippie_chick666

hippie_chick666 Senior Member

I believe in the divine nature of life. Whether or not a supreme creator exists does not affect my life so I do not waste my time pondering this question. How I live my life is my focus. I am very spiritual, but I am down to earth about my beliefs. My goal is to help, to love, to care about all living beings, no matter how small or insignificant they may seem. The existence (or nonexistence) of a god has no place in my life. Loving-kindness matters much more.

Peace and love

9. Luz

Luz Member

if you do believe in God ,you will find all the answers of strange things that happens to you but if you chose not to believe its ok God won't punish you for that but he will let you chose the way your mind want then judge you in the lifeafterdeath and i saw visions that prove what i am saying but thats my opinion at last and if you want to believe me or not,its up to you but i talked in that matter with alot of onlinefriends and some believed me and support my message and other did the opposite

10. ~peace~

~peace~ Senior Member

that quite hard to do seeing as...well. god doesnt exist...

11. hippie_chick666

Why debate something that has absolutely no impact on your life? Some people will believe, others won't. Let it be!

Peace and love

12. Luz

Luz Member

porque?? why do you think there is no God,this beautiful universe,highsky,human brain,these things are not normal to just show up by itself > ~peace~

13. hippie_chick666

I don't trouble myself with questions that cannot have answers. I don't believe either way because it does not matter.

Peace and love

14. Ocean Bionic

Ocean Bionic Hero of the People

god is a vague term, considering every person has a slightly, or more dramatic, interpretation of what god/God is. I think there is something that is the foundation of our universe, and whatever controls the natural order of things would be considered god. but
    does god think? .... well i dont think so.

15. Luz

Luz Member

In my opinion,God knows what we hide and show whether its good thing or other,he has unimaginable power that believers believe in,also God won't punish all unbelievers,there are two kind of them,unbelievers who know and believe there is aGod but keep it secretly and deny it in public just cause And the other type of unbelievers who didn't know there is aGod from the start and live born as humans only,those God will forgive them and guide their hearts,But don't use your freedom of thinking and believing wrong by insulting other people's religion no matter what,thats what i think

16. Ocean Bionic

i unbelieve the words coming out of your mouth. do you gather your opinions from what you've been told god is since you came into existence?

without the human mind, god wouldnt exist.

17. Luz

Luz Member

i felt before i believe of god existence,and i don't force you to do so.and also i don't believe what ppl say untill i make sure of the information,i've seen by my eyes this information in aholybook was not Bible or Torah cuz they have been rewritten,its koran the( holy book of islam )and i will give you the proof if you unbelieve the words that i say and ofcourse i am with you about our brain we humans ,its the greatest part of our Body but don't mix this with the existence of God,its too small to compare it with God,its one of the things we still wonder how amazing the brain is,its wow,you said God a vague term and you are 100% right and believing in God doesn't mean you have to know him,he is unknown and we can't describe him neither,he's not like us,he is greater , bigger ,smarter and wiser,have alook at this verses

That high ranked Book (Quran) whereof there is no place of doubt, in it there is guidance to the God-fearing.

Who believe without seeing, and establish prayer and spend in Our path, out of Our provided subsistence.

And who believe in what has been sent down towards you, O beloved prophet! And what has been sent down before you and are convinced of the Last Day.

They alone are on the guidance from their Lord and they alone are the gainers.

from albaqara -verse (2-2) to (2-5) Quran

18. Jaws201020

Jaws201020 Member

I think that religion is just a way to make people feel better. To give an answer so they dont feel lost. Most people need religion to guide them. I also think that the bible isn't literal. I dont think the stories are true they are just metaphores to teach you moral values, like hell. I doubt (if there is a God) he would have you burn for all eternity for just a miniscule amount of time you did wrong. There is no harm in religion anymore, no one is being persecuted one way or another so let people feel good about themselves, especially if it makes them lead an honest life.

My personal view: I hope there is atleast something after death, even if I do go to "hell" at least ill still exist. It may be just me but the thought of just not existing anymore kinda scares me. Bringing me back to the point people need religion to feel better.

19. Ocean Bionic

well i dont think god is a physical being. "he" is vague, and if you agree, shouldnt you refer to god as 'it'. Im certaintly not god fearing, consider what i believe god to be is something as simple as nature itself. I dont think god is knowning like you said, because 'to know' is an attribute to the human mind. God doesnt need to 'know'; it just is. Nature is just. I dont need a book to be told this. All i need to do is open my eyes, and examine existence and how the universe functions. The key to life is interpreting the world in your own idea, because through the looking glass, we each see somthing different in reality. If you read a book written by someone else (bible, torah, koran, etc.), you are automaticly clouding your own vision i and replacing it with someone elses... and its impossible to view another persons perspective unless you hop inside their brain and feel what they feel.

subscribing to one religion seems to be a problem to me. No one is perfect enough to know every perspective of life. The point of existence is too keep pushing forward and to continuely release energy throughout the universe.

instead, to totally utilize your brain, look at each religion, and realize they all have a common motivation behind them and are each a different piece of the puzzle.

people who fear god really fear themselves and what they have been told god is. we all submit to death. our bones turn into ash. our nutrients then give birth to plants and others. the cycle of life continues and our energy flow is passed onward through the universe. we all live forever in that respect.

20. eshu

eshu Member

we should all abstain from "Shoulds".
    ;)