We Rumbling This Chat Into Deep Fall

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by broony, Oct 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

''slingshot''......love doing the slingshot on the highway.....it is perplexing to me how 2 cars one behind t'other can be going 100 exactly and when the second car pulls out he/she can pass without more acceleration.....but it works :)

magickman likes this.
  2. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

I actually found out about slingshottig from nascar one day....they explained it during a race and I was like ''I wonder if it works on hwy 401?''

3. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

just tried to find a pic of the crown royal sleeping bag and all I could find is people who make quilts out of many crown royal bags

I heard they have an actual sleeping bag like the bottle bag

4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i had hundreds of new crown royal golf towels

got them for free at the landfill...been using them for shop rags for years

5. morrow

morrow Visitor

6. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

My dad had a Mustang like that. Had it been around when I got my license I probably would have been trying this too. How much does it cost to shut down a major city like this?

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

You can simulate the draft in real life on a highway especially behind a truck like if you have cruise control on 90mph and you start to get behind the air of the truck you watch your speedo go up to 91, 92, 93 before it backs its down so it does work.

Slingshot was an old school way in the racing a while ago, now it's about bump draft and side draft but side draft is theoretically a slingshot. What you're actually doing is, you put your left front nose close to their right rear quarter panel and what happens is it dumps more air from your front into their rear spoiler. More air on the spoiler = more drag = slower Speedway. So you get on the quarter panel, dump the air on the spoiler then get as far away from them as you can which looks like a sling shot, you've slowed them up and motored on by. :)

This works in the sim too but it's hairy, when you get so close to someones rear quarter you just hope they're going to keep straight because if they move up an inch, you'll tag and wreck them and it'll look like your fault because you were hitting the rear.

Then there's bump draft, which is literally running into the guy in front of you to created speed.

You can see it in an aero shop you basically create a bubble of air from the rear of the car in front and the front of the car behind. Once the cars touch its like this bubble of air pops which propels the car in front forward with more energy. The more cars in a lane the faster the lane becomes because of this and this is why there's so many large wrecks on plate tracks because they limit the horsepower so everyone is foot to floor and like, you can't go forward unless you're pushing and side drafting so with 40 off cars running less than 2 seconds from each other, one bump in the wrong place wrecks 20+

I recently got a friend into it and he said he's never experienced so much anxiety while playing a game, trying to run in a pack of 4 cars at Talladega he said he was shaking the whole time and I said yeah its cool huh, imagine what they go through in real life. For 4 hours and 40 cars. :D

rollingalong likes this.
  8. deleted

deleted Visitor

9. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

links fackd

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

Weather
    Phoenix, AZ

[​IMG]
    83°

Arizonians be wearing hoodies, pretending its fall..

Aerianne likes this.
  11. deleted

deleted Visitor

12. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Orison likes this.
  13. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

14. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

a lot of things can rhyme with linky

binky
    dinky
    finky
    hinky
    kinky
    minky
    pinky
    rinky
    sinky
    winky
    zinky

15. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

upload_2017-11-15_19-44-51.png

16. deleted

deleted Visitor

i dont know why its not working. but you can google it. the autopsy part is a bit squeeeeeeeemish..

17. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

works for me

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Sweet! I'm getting another military crate like the one I got for my wood but it's about 1/4 the tallness and we are going to knock a side panel out and mesh and then build a maze in the for the little thumpers. :)

Aerianne likes this.
  19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Just curious - chat threads are always a reference to something. What is this title referencing or is it?

20. deleted

deleted Visitor

broony creation..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.