We need more people!

Discussion in 'Globalization' started by Nistix, May 12, 2004.

1. Nistix

Nistix Member

With all the potential people to join hip forums out there I can't believe there are only 1,500 of us linked to the site so far!
    Fingers crossed that more people find out about it!

2. AutumnAuburn

AutumnAuburn Senior Member

Well, making everyone re-register is certainly a good way for Skip to clean out the database and weed out all the people who aren't active... :)

3. monosphere

monosphere Holly's Hubby

I have to wonder just how many of those thousands of members we had are still around? Someof them came on to post once, some haven't been here in years, etc. For the first few days, I think 1500 is kinda impressive. But I'm easily impressed.

4. AutumnAuburn

AutumnAuburn Senior Member

1500 in the first few days is *definitely* impressive and a testament to the quality and usefulness of this forum. And I'm not easily impressed... ;)

5. renee

renee Member

I'm a newbie. :cool:

6. wolf_at_door

wolf_at_door Senior Member

Hmm, I was sure we were more... [​IMG]

So if we were like 80,000 before (?) and 1500 now - it's like 98% of the members who were "ghosts", right? [​IMG]

Quite depressing - but on the other hand: Maybe many newbies need some time & don't feel a pressure on them to make a lot of posts in a hurry. I don't hope people who simply prefer to read, rather than to post has been kicked...

But surely it's good if this action has cleaned out the spammers...

love,
    -wolf-

7. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

To delete the current database of registered members, he would of course have to exclude the 'Lifetime' people.
    And then some people are still around, just without technology to visit here with. Or may be medicaly out of the picture for awhile.

8. IlUvMuSIc

IlUvMuSIc Senior Member

welcome to the forums Renee :)

9. flmkpr

flmkpr Senior Member

ya when i first found this place i had no idea of wha a fourum was! certainly made some realy stupid posts! still do but i love that i can convers with like minded folks and oopossed minded in this forum and still pepole understand that sometimes its not meant the way it might sound and leave leewaY FOR UNDERSTANDING SORRY FOR THE CAPS I CANT GET IT TO RELEASE! PEACE!

10. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Matt

medicaly.........like, with a perscription................or without ?

:jester:

11. flmkpr

flmkpr Senior Member

so spread the word!!

12. Inquiring-Mind

Inquiring-Mind Senior Member

This forum does need more people. More people = more ideas, debates, exchange of information and other things.

Inactive members need to be pruned. I wonder how many people actually use and post on this forum.

Post links around the web to this forum.

13. wolf_at_door

wolf_at_door Senior Member

That doesn't make a difference.

14. IlUvMuSIc

IlUvMuSIc Senior Member

Well couldnt you send a PM to everyone and give them like a month or two to reply and if they dont then delete them... Of course it would take a while and need to be organized.