We need a middle name.

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by moon_flower, Jun 30, 2006.

1. stephaniesomewhere

stephaniesomewhere Member

I'm with homeschoolmama on the lack of a middle name, neither me or one of my brothers and sisters have one and it is so funny to see people dealing with it!!
    :D
    My brother gave his daughter one as his wifes family has the tradition of giving the first names of the great grandma's as middle names....nice idea and keeps all nanas happy as it remembers their mothers...in fact after he had done it I even felt sentimental about it!
    :&
    but go the no middle names I say!! Yay us!!

:p

2. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

Alexis Malia
    Alexis Dawn
    Alexis Leah

Lily Alexis is also good

3. monosphere

monosphere Holly's Hubby

Damn! I was hoping to know of another Malilee out there somewhere. Couldn't you use it as the middle name? or maybe using Alexis as the middle name instead? (Wishful thinking on my part, I guess.)

Regarding the whole sharing middle names or names with family, I'm one who has never been for that. The only time I gave it any thought was right after my mom passed away and thought it would be kinda cool to honor her that way. But in the end, original names prevailed. My dad was a Jr and decided that he didn't want me to have to live up to his expectations like he did with his dad. If you do name your child with another family member's name, they'll be compared to that family member, or the particular person will try to force a stronger bond with their namesake that might not naturally be there. It just seems a little unfair to the child. but I am going by personal experience and what I learned through my family, so this is all opinion.

4. sweetdreadlover

sweetdreadlover TattooedRainbowGurl

i am actually considering the name alexis as well...heres the names i was thinking go good with alexis

alexis rayne
    alexis orianna
    alexis samara
    hope i helped a bit :)

5. mamaboogie

mamaboogie anarchist

what about Alexis as the middle name? Lily Alexis sounds much better than Alexis Lily, to me anyway. You gotta say it out loud to really be able to know if it's right or not...

Morgan Alexis popped in my mind just now.

We bought one of those baby names books with our second child. There was never any doubt about what our first would be named, but it was harder with DD2, I was convinced she was a boy and simply could not come up with any girl names for her!