We need a diverse virus task force

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 6-eyed shaman, Apr 4, 2020.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

More right wing nonsense. The KKK and it's views are fairly popular in the party now. Just like in the times of MLK it's true most don't wear the hood. But most Republicans are on their side because their opinion is that since slavery is over black people are out of line protesting now. So for example why make trouble kenneling in the NFL or sitting in the wrong part of the cafe? Why do they insist on making race an issue. The KKK agrees, black people are way too uppity and have no right to bitch.

It's the mistake of doing nothing so and thinking it means you did something.

"First, I must confess that over the last few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season."

Shallow understanding from people of goodwill is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection."- MLK