We need a diverse virus task force

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 6-eyed shaman, Apr 4, 2020.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

2. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Any group that's on top always identifies with the police, cuz they're protecting their property & interests. As noted before, a disproportionate percentage of blacks get killed by whites, which is why blacks get upset & march.

3. Ah, but why is it disproportionate? If you only examine the percentages and write it all off as "racism", nothing has been accomplished toward mitigating the issue. Because it shuts the discussion down completely.

I've noticed that this subject is usually dog piled, and not just here but in news forums as well. Which only leads me to believe that a lot of people are not interested in resolution but would prefer to continue the subject in this state in perpetuity.

Why discuss it if it can be used as leverage? A proper discussion might reveal enough about the issue to start turning it around. But who would want to do that if it can be used as a weapon?

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

But ignoring the percentages doesn't shut the discussion down completely....

It removes discussion from the table completely.

Which is better,

or someshit....

5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

There is evidence that Martin Luther King Jr. was investigated as an enemy of the state. By the F. B. I. That's more than a little strange.

6. Tyrsonswood

Actually, back in that time all the "radicals" were investigated by the FBI... That wasn't a racial thing.

soulcompromise likes this.
  7. soulcompromise

I only include this because some of us don't see a problem, or if they do don't see a viable solution, and then say things that amount to white propaganda that doesn't serve the interest of racial minorities; who frankly need their assistance in identifying, calling out, disavowing, and eliminating any and all racial divisions - including those that exist where white and African-American interests are at odds, such as economics, the work environment, gerrymandering, or law enforcement & in courtrooms.

African-Americans and other peoples of color are disadvantaged. That's a fact.

8. soulcompromise

You don't think the investigation was racially motivated?

9. soulcompromise

and

10. Tyrsonswood

Not exactly, no....

11. soulcompromise

Well

my thinking is that it's possible that you're right. The upper echelons were a little bit more scrupulous then; at least they were in the political arena. Things were a little more honest then I think, and far less about the news media's ability to change outcomes. The same is likely to be true of federal agencies like the F.B.I.

But they are law enforcement and the law back then was tinged by segregation. Someone who was speaking up for Civil Rights was a threat to societal accord. & when it came time to enforce the law there was a lot of police aggression! Use of force authorized! & police brutality at its worst.

[​IMG]

Yea, they had it in for Martin Luther King Jr. Maybe not at the highest level though. That reminds me of Pontius Pilate washing his hands of the Lord though.

12. Tyrsonswood

As I said, all the "radicals" back in the day were investigated by the FBI... Civil rights, stop the war, women's rights... whatever, it didn't matter, they got investigated.

Then they got beaten by the cops.... Or shot by the national guard.

soulcompromise likes this.
  13. I think what's better is to abandon this weird need for a victim scoring system. It's literally a contest for who can whine and garner the most attention from it. More effort is given to shutting down anyone who dares to question the issue in terms that don't immediately reward someone with more victim points.

I was never suggesting that anyone needed to ignore statistics utterly, but that goes the same for the flat facts, like actual counts of human beings being executed by cops. Instead, it becomes an argument over who's death means more.

14. Tyrsonswood

They are just not allowed to talk about it....

15. Naaa, I never said such a thing. I do admit I chuckle when people rely solely on statistics. But that's because I'm 6-Sigma certified and I have seen statistics manipulated by greedy, 6-figure professionals into whatever story they wanted to tell.

It's so common that I reject most of the project reports I get on the first review. Because so many people are bullshitting with statistics that it has become an accepted part of the process. But too often, at the end of marginal or failed projects, the statistics were never attained, because it was not technically possible. And this is in the finite world of industrial engineering.

In the more nebulous world of dynamic, unfixed ideas like politics, religion or fast-food marketing, statistics often border on either uselessness, or fiction. So I admit I'm jaded, find someone who isn't in some way.

16. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Yet Republicans claim they were on his side. No, same as now anyone who rocks the boat is dangerous. Even old white men.

He didn't get a march but on the key right wing topics he had their support. For example should this change gun laws? No. Does this prove racism is a problem in America? No. Should we ask why racists in Europe fly a Confederate flag and why this guy liked it? No because my family was in the civil war and we were too poor to even own a slave.

He's a white guy who does not like Democrats but did like guns. They can't shun him too much because his goals are their goals too. The flag of a foreign enemy is actuly very patriotic and you will not shame them for being white or owing a gun.

17. Bullshit. Nobody advocated for this nut to murder people. You're way over the top with this.

18. Like Johnson. This happened during his administration.

19. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Didn't say they did. I said that after those people were murdered they refused to accept the reason why it happend. It's a "mental health issue" as they say. So they support the system he used to murder people because they know they can use that system better.

For them it's better for innocent people to die rather than for them to feel unsafe. And the same flag is still on their truck.

As a Trump voter you will know about the deep state officials. And I mean now they like to use him as an example of "not being racist" even though the KKK does not like Democratic polices for some reason.

20. It's interesting the inside track you have with the KKK. When they can't get a dozen people to organize a protest.