We need a diverse virus task force

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 6-eyed shaman, Apr 4, 2020.

1. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't doubt Adams intelligence, but I have a big problem when he's presented as a keynote speaker before a large crowd of African Americans
    during Black History Month, and deliberately understates the seriousness of COVID-19 because Donald Trump believes it will simply go away.

What he did was borderline criminal.

soulcompromise and Tishomingo like this.
  2. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

Well in all fairness that kinda is the Trump administration's mandate

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I know it's standard fair in the trump white house If you want to keep your job, but to deliberately lie to your people during black history month
    is beyond redemption.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    everything bagel likes this.
  4. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

Understood.

Its gotta be the same as Andrew Yang telling Asian Americans to be good little Americans in the face of the racism currently being hurled our way over coronavirus. Just like they said when our government was locking up Japanese Americans during WW2. The word that comes to mind is betrayed. I can understand that many African Americans would feel the same way in regards to Adams

hotwater likes this.
  5. Amazing what a political filter clogs up with.

6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

F*ck! He's everywhere... <_<
    >_>

WritersPanic likes this.
  7. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

@Orison posted the same thing in the Wuhan coronavirus thread.

8. So what's he like without the need to slam Trump? That's kind of a human shield sort of tactic isn't it.

9. Yea, it's quite humorous. I find he makes straight line conclusions where they don't belong. But since he's firmly on the right, it's a tad easier to avoid coming off like him. Which is exactly how I feel about the extreme left.

soulcompromise likes this.
  10. Ugly fucker ain't he. And he seems like he's never taken NO for an answer, ever.

soulcompromise likes this.
  11. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Are you taking issue with anything specific I said? A human shield tactic? What's that? The placement of non-combants around combat targets to deter the enemy from attacking these combat targets.? How does that relate to my post? You seem to be serving as a human shield against criticism of our Dear Leader.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  12. Oh no, but I think there's plenty of REAL fuck ups being pushed aside by all the fake issues or sensationalized "bombshells" about Trump family pets and such. I fail to see how it must be the filter for every issue. Nobody's picking which side the surgeon general is supporting, his job is universally for all Americans (and plenty of non-Americans). If anything I admire him for taking the position knowing so many will hate him on sight just for taking the job, under Trump the Terrible. Isn't there the slightest chance he just wants to do the right thing, but has to do it within the framework of where he finds himself?

13. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

And there are also examples showing non-whites are discriminated against. UK laws are not American laws. Maybe because they don;t have the same history as we do racial tensions are different but they still have laws. Instresting to me.

One thing I have been accused of by Europeans is making everything about race. Looking in on America is can seem that way. But our culture necessitates affrmitive action.

Ok by this logic white people have no right to make racist jokes or starements because "free speech don't be so sensitive".

You are offended on behalf of the minority. A black guy says it's OK and you a white guy say no it's not. How democratic of you to call out BS.

So does this mean that hate speech is real?

14. No, just that racism still sucks, regardless of who is delivering it. And thinking that any human on the planet is somehow exempt from this phenomenon, because of race is preposterous.

Hate is hate, no grouping has more or less than another. Unless they create it for themselves. Which is often the case.

15. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

16. You don't say!

17. unfocusedanakin

Who did I say was exempt from anything?

That's also what the KKK says. Black people bring it on themselves.

The system is clearly in favor of white people. Sure anyone can be racist but white people have a system built around them that makes it OK. They can attack under free speech and being mature enough to not have hurt feelings and others can't even breath without being told they are a threat.

You seem to ignore the massive underground militia/KKK networks in this country. Most people preparing a race war are white even if the black painters also go to gun stores.

18. I was not applying it to black people specifically, only to groups in general. Groups of the same race don't magically create harmony. In most cases they create their own prejudices based on all kinds of odd things like accent, skin color, origin, faith, wealth or education. I'm not saying that harmony doesn't exist, only that it's not the norm.

19. unfocusedanakin

Sure I see that now. White people who are the same still find difference. I'm not sure what you point is? We should just excuse racism because it's kind of natrual and people will always find a reason to be that way?

That's another KKK idea. Not saying you are but those type work very hard to say they are natural and it's weird to worry about people who are not your tribe. They would kill you if they could and you would do the same so just go with nature.

20. I don't ignore their existence. There's enough to be noticed. I just don't see them as much of a threat to anyone. Partly because they are vastly outnumbered by the kinds of people they hold in contempt. But also because they have no sway in any form of American government.

I've been hearing about a massive US race war since the 60s. Today more than ever it's just a paranoid delusion. For the kind of power you're suggesting the bulk of the white American population would have to be absolutely racist and ready to join the fray. And that's just not the case.