We need a diverse virus task force

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 6-eyed shaman, Apr 4, 2020.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Someone should be put in charge to make sure that the team of scientists working on the cure to COVID-19 should have a fair representation of female and ethnic minority members working on the vaccine. Along with a few transgender scientists, and those of the other 58 gender need to be on that team as well.

Because a sexist, racist, and homophobic cure, is worse than the virus itself!

Am I right, or what?

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Think you will have to wait until they finish bingeing Tiger King for some replies

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    6-eyed shaman likes this.
  3. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Think You Finally Went "Over The Edge" 6...:screamcat:....It's Been On The Cards For Months Now....... :D

Cheers Glen.

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Or what

stormountainman and Driftrue like this.
  5. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

There should also be a few conspiracy theorists, and MAGA hat wearing folks who don't accept the germ theory of disease.

6. 6-eyed shaman

Why not?

Law makers and journalists are pressuring businesses to enact diversity quotas for their work staff. So why not enforce a diversity quota for the COVID-19 research?

Joshua Van likes this.
  7. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I'm sure 6 thinks this is some clever joke. But all I can do is think of the actual STEM numbers and how hard a truly 50/50 team is. As for the sexual stuff I don't know does not usually come up at work so no one cares.

They don't even need an education beyond a 2nd grade reading level. That is enough to read the Bible. God is the real cure you just need to pray.

Joshua Van likes this.
  8. Tyrsonswood

He does...

He's also trying to start another thread where he can "trigger" somebody....

Nothing new.

stormountainman likes this.
  9. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

wtf are you babbling about? What does this incoherent bitchfest have to do with the crisis at hand? Fine. I'll play along. Yes. They should force some diversity here that way your people can actually get this job since we all know the best doctors come from East Asia, India, and Africa.

stormountainman and Tyrsonswood like this.
  10. unfocusedanakin

I think he is implying white males with an independent spirit are victims of society. Standard view of men who blame feminism for everything. We feel too much pressure to not admit that fact that men do everything so instead we cripple men by insisting Muslims and women are smart too and should have a job. It's the down fall of conservative America.

Joshua Van likes this.
  11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

What do you mean by "your people"?

Oh, no shay-deed-aynt! ;)

12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

[​IMG]

13. Tyrsonswood

404 Not Found

14. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

Insecure and frightened?

stormountainman and Tyrsonswood like this.
  15. unfocusedanakin

I took it to mean people who look like me. Good old tribal stuff. When you talk to someone with views like 6 it usually comes back to something like "women take jobs from men due to a PC culture. I could work but you know the women so I make less".

stormountainman likes this.
  16. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

T
    hey way you asked the question tells me you've never been inside the micro-biology building on campus. It full of students from sixty or more nations, male and female. COVID -19 research is going on right now at Colorado State University.

17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Deplorables ;)

Piney likes this.
  18. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Oohhh...them people.

19. 6-eyed shaman

I wrote the OP through the lens of a leftist worldview. A charade that I put on, that supports the typical argument for diversity quotas and requirements. Inspired by posts I read on here and other comment sections.

Which perfectly illustrates the logical fallacies of promoting race, ethnicity, and gender over actual qualifications for a job opening.

20. unfocusedanakin

There is some pressure to meet quotas with hiring laws. But it's not really the problem the right wing thinks it is. Maybe due to their rugged self reliance they think they are the best and sometimes you are not. Is there a time when a qualified white guy was ignored only because he's white? yes some probably have but people are passed over for dozens of things in hiring. Personal biases and view of the work force they want. Some of these things are illegal and still done in an illegal way.

So I'm confused why this applies to medical research. People who are qualified work on it like other medical issues. But what does that have to do with hiring processes as a whole? I mean if you compare the hiring process for a Dr vs Burger King you might find one has more pressure to keep it all equal. The right wing seems to think qualifications mean nothing because a women might get the job.

Another issue only one type of white male has issue with. Society is not against you. It's just that you are really competing. When you always have the advantage equality feels like an attack.