We broke up because she couldn't come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out and Confused!' started by hhuyio, Mar 31, 2018.

1. hhuyio

hhuyio Members

Hi, last week my girlfriend of two months broke up with me because she thought her parents were catching on (we're in highschool, still live at home). Part of me didn't think we'd work out anyway, I'm a poor low maintenance hippie, and she wears heavy makeup and lives in the suburbs. Not to mention we disagreed on a few major things.

It still really hurt, especially since we both want to be together. Have any similar stories?

2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

My high school relationships didn't work out. It was cool until the end of high school. When my gf Kim was about to go into college I was feeling some instinct to further commit in our relationship. My instincts might have been completely off though because I was using drugs back then. She was sober with the exception of alcohol, which we drank to excess. At any rate, we broke up and saw each other once afterwards. It wasn't the same anymore. Sometimes I wonder what life would be like if I'd have stayed with her. Probably she'd have dumped me.

I'm sorry your girlfriend thing didn't work out hhuyio.