We all die, mannn

Discussion in 'Agnosticism and Atheism' started by Disarm, Jan 29, 2005.

1. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

Not that it matters what I think, cuz I don't know, and am only guessing anyway... I think some of it is due to our having been together in past lives, and I think some of it happened for a reason, a reason that I don't know. I have had times that I feel there was some type of intervention, but my belief is that this was by what most would call guardian angels. These were times that I felt I should have been seriously injured or even killed and walked away unmarked. I must stress that this is just my guess, and no more.

2. sanpedro

sanpedro Member

I believe that all the atheists go to see hades and the people who missed one sunday of going to church will have to be reincarnated until they make it their whole lifetime without missing a day of church. Church is important you fools, you don't know what your missing out on! Now get to church

3. sanpedro

sanpedro Member

Why are so many people atheists? It is proven in alot of religions the presence of spirits..etc. Can't u realize there is more to life than the material world?

4. Occam

Occam Old bag of dreams

Sanpedro.

Religion 'says' there are spirits...
    It also says there is a psychotic idiocy called hell.

Occam thinks there is MUCH more to reality than we percieve.
    He just
    DOES NOT BELIEVE HUMAN RELIGION KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT IT

They talk an awfull lot, with a seemingly vast amount of knowledge..
    About things that cannot to be shown to EXIST.

Occam is not an athiest...yet he considers the gods of CONTEMPORARY
    religion to be no more real than those of HISTORIC religion.
    IS there a ZEUS? an ODIN. To occam they are just as likely as the yahweh of islam/christianity or the gods of hinduism.
    FOR ALL ARE BASED ON THE SAME EVIDENCE.
    HUMAN TALK.

Occam

5. ElChivato

ElChivato SeNioR MeMBeR

i think whatever people think will happen to them, will happen to them. if a person thinks they will be reincarnated, then i believe they will be. if someone believes in heaven and hell and judgement, then i believe they will be judged. some people think that's a really weird way of thinking about it, whatever, it works for me, man.
    peace & love.

6. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

its also been 'proven' that insects can crawl underneath peoples skin when on certain drugs. there has been no 'proof' of anything, thats why there are atheists.

the non believers of the world however should not put their time in proving spiritual thigns dont exist they should spend their time on finding scientific rational for all occurences. it should be the goal of ever atheist, to prove themselves correct. to embrace the idea of proof and of the search for fact. and not just accept scientific american as more real than the bible since neither idea has been proved or disproved.

innocent until proven guilty lets lets of criminals free

7. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

Formication is a tactile hallucination that insects or snakes are crawling over or under the skin.

Formication is a common side-effect of extensive use of cocaine or amphetamines, it can also be experienced with high fevers. Extreme alcohol withdrawal may also cause symptoms of formication, often associated with visual hallucinations of insects.

People suffering from this hallucination may scratch themselves to the extent of serious skin damage and bleeding, especially if they are delirious or intoxicated.

I have my own beliefs, and don't expect anyone else to see things exactly the same. I'd be surprised if I met someone who did, and I rarely find those who are even fairly similar in their views. This is a good thing, as Oprah would say. I think that no matter what we believe, as long as it isn't infringing on another person's rights, it is good. Also, I feel that it is not up to any of us to 'enlighten' others as to why their faith is not as good as our own. All faiths are equally valid, true, righteous, and real imho. Of course, the exception is that is only true if it harms no one.
    "And it harm none, do what you will."