Ways to clean a bong

Discussion in 'Show Your Piece' started by happyonehit420, Feb 28, 2006.

1. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

Simple Green is the best cleaner by far.. you can pick it up in almost any store... try it.. you won't use anything else

2. ganjabomber

ganjabomber Senior Member

^this is some comercial product for other cleaning purposes?

3. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

Once you have it clean, start using a product called Rez block

Thank me later.

4. noela

noela Members

I empty the dirty water out, then pour a generous amount of isopropyl rubbing alcohol in and shake it around. I'm going blank on the name, but I have one of those kitchen scrubbers that bends to whatever you're scrubbing. Salt also works too, it gives a grip on the resin if you don't really have a scrubber. I basically just put the scrubby thing up and down throughout the bong, it works quite well. Where the stem goes, I'd put the isopropyl on a qtip and clean it.
    However you wanna do it, isopropyl is probably the best. It takes the resin off and takes the stickiness away.

Edit: I've never heard of a green way of cleaning bongs, but if I had the products that people have been mentioning on here available at hand, i'd totally try it.

5. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

you can pick it up at hardware stores.. its not commercial.. its just a strong natural cleaner...

More often than not when i clean my pipes i run them under very hot water to loosen the resin.. then iso/salt.. works great and is super cheap

6. ganjabomber

ganjabomber Senior Member

coooool, good advice. ill have to try that simple green stuff. its better than iso you think?

7. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

yeah not nearly as much elbow grease needs to be put into the cleaning

8. Fonze10

Fonze10 Guest

So I have a small, plastic bong that is pretty hard to get inside to clean. It's also getting pretty filthy in there. What are some good ways to clean all the residue? Will the same ways to clean a glass bong work the same for a plastic one???