Watch What You Google!

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by skip, Aug 1, 2013.

1. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

..or Bing it!

2. odonII

odonII O

Post 13.

3. RainyDayHype

so then dogpile isn't safe either?
    Better Bing it..

4. RainyDayHype

I'm just gonna go to the library and use an encyclopedia to look up whatever I'm interested in like people used to do
    no more search engines for me
    joking..

5. odonII

odonII O

Apparently not.

6. skycanvas

skycanvas Member

...Can you make a bomb out of that?

:chef:

7. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

why duckduckgo?

Also, I think the feds have many ISP's, including verizon, and other sources as well (various microsoft products, malware, etc).

8. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

That pic is not current. That pic is from when the were emptying houses after the Boston Marathon Bombing.

Yes, you can. That's what was used at the Boston Marathon Bombing.

9. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

The article says the suspects coworkers contacted authorities after they saw suspicious searches on his company computer. This is not a case of someone simply typing in key words and having the cops knock on his door. The title is misleading.

10. Aerianne

Thanks for pointing that out. I hadn't had time to read it yet, but usually Skip does a better job of posting the facts.

11. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

The story says "update " its changed a bit from I read it before . I think Skip went with the story as it was when he posted it .

12. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

Suffolk County Criminal Intelligence Detectives received a tip from a Bay Shore based computer company regarding suspicious computer searches conducted by a recently released employee. The former employee’s computer searches took place on this employee’s workplace computer. On that computer, the employee searched the terms “pressure cooker bombs” and “backpacks.”

After interviewing the company representatives, Suffolk County Police Detectives visited the subject’s home to ask about the suspicious internet searches. The incident was investigated by Suffolk County Police Department’s Criminal Intelligence Detectives and was determined to be non-criminal in nature.

From the link .

13. skycanvas

skycanvas Member

So this guy was trying to learn English by Googling words he heard on CNN during the Boston Marathon?

:computer:

14. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

I dont know how you got that from the materel I posted . He did some kind of search for pressure cooker bomb . I am guessing that his computer was sent off to be fixed and this search was found .
    Now after reading this I need to search quinoa .Fron that same link .
    [T]hey were peppering my husband with questions. Where is he from? Where are his parents from? They asked about me, where was I, where do I work, where do my parents live. Do you have any bombs, they asked. Do you own a pressure cooker? My husband said no, but we have a rice cooker. Can you make a bomb with that? My husband said no, my wife uses it to make quinoa. What the hell is quinoa, they asked. ...

Have you ever looked up how to make a pressure cooker bomb? My husband, ever the oppositional kind, asked them if they themselves weren’t curious as to how a pressure cooker bomb works, if they ever looked it up. Two of them admitted they did.

15. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

16. Aerianne

So his former workplace thought he was a weirdo and phoned in a tip on him...

17. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

18. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

I think there saying that his search for pressure cooker bombs was found by a computer company . It may of been sent off for repair or some work .

19. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

Everyone in the world should just Google those two terms within a few minutes of each other. Keep them asshole government bitches busy worrying over nothing.

20. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

^^^ beat me to it. :p

Everybody should start doing mass searches for pressure cooker bombs...