washington state 2011

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by Boogabaah, Jan 15, 2011.

1. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

hippl,i've a friend in boise idaho needin 2 get home.if ne1 swingin thru plz help him w/ride.

2. Socrates_II

Socrates_II Member

if anyone is heading through central oklahoma a friend and I are in need of a ride. we do leatherworking and would be able to pitch in for gas.

3. x_WaX_x

x_WaX_x Member

i wish i would have seen this sooner, would have made it out with you

4. sonoran sam

sonoran sam Member

nice thought, if only it was true...we have our very own "posse" of leo's only too eager to harass and intimidate.

5. Fireball

Fireball Member

If anyone's coming through SoCal... me and my dog could use a ride! :)

6. indydude

indydude Senior Member

Yeah, i know leo's are still messing with gatherin's. I meant at least other parks are filled on the 4th with leo's too. If we had it a week later maybe all the leo's would be at the gatherin. EGad! lol

7. Out of Step

Out of Step Member

yeah we made it here to spokane way fuckin early, no idea what to do in the mean time to kill time,

any family want to kick it with us? we'll thumb to another city if need be haha, we dont know anyone here = /

hit me up 610 914 7433 text preferred :D ask for Stephan

peace!

8. sonoran sam

sonoran sam Member

maybe this will help...?

holding camp directions(NOT THE GATHERING SITE)JUST HOLDING CAMP
    ATTENTION: this is merely a suggested spot to rest..this is NOT the site for annuals...there is no one folcaizing holding camp as of now..which basically means fend for yourselfs..there are no kitchens...no springs tapped...and nothing set up..PACK IN PACK OUT!!!!!!...western washington holding camp is on private land and there is a good water source...information has been spreading that the site will more than likely be in the western portion of the state..so for all of you that are asking bout flights into washington i would look toward portland or seattle..thanx for you patience and luving you!! remember spring council is june 12th(site top be announced) HOLDING CAMP: EASTERN WASHINGTON HEADED NORTH OUT OF SPOKANE Head north on highway 211 or highway 20 tell you get to Westside Calispell Rd. Turn left on Westside Calispell Rd. (From highway 20 go 2.1 miles tell you reach 211 cross 211 and stay on Westside Calispell Rd.) From Westside Calispell Rd. and 211 go 4.6 miles to Middle fork rd. Go 1.2 miles stay to the left continue 2.0 miles stay to the left and then go another 1.2 miles (4.4 miles total on middlefork rd) and Welcome Home!!!!!! DISCLAIMER: come prepared to fend for yourselfs!!! as of now we need a ktichen to go up for holding camp...there is water in the area but no tap and filter tell a kitchen get set up...please boil or filter ALL your water there is cattle in the area...if you do come please tuck back into the trees and be discreet!!!..respect locals!!! bury your shit!!! park off the road!!! and alcohol is always discouraged!!! and remember to have fun..we will be seeing you soon!!! VERY IMPORTANT UPDATED INFO ON THE CALISPELL CREEK AREA!!!!PLEASE READ AND PASS ON.... holding camp in eastern washington runs along the Calispell Creek area..due to rising temps snow melt has rapidly begun! this means rising water everywhere in the state...we had folks on the land today to walk the meadows which are clear but muddy in spots! BUT THE CREEK IS ABOUT 1 FOOT FROM FLOOD STAGE..i have spent alot of time in this area and in the middle of summer its a strong creek...and during the spring months its quit high..so i can just imagine how fast the water is running right now...there is a narrow part of the road where you get very close to the creek...the folks who were there again said that the water is about 12 inches from flood stage..local weather report say that they expect rising waters to calm this week..although we do not think the road in (middle fork) will be affected please note there is a chance of water on the road way this week!!!...if your thinking about camping near or around water it is not a good idea for two reason...first you should never camp/park near water sources..second it is just not smart this time of year due to snow melt and chance of flooding in certain areas...again i want to assure everyone this should not affect the meadows and surrounding area we plan on using for holding camp...but please use common sense and precaution when in the woods..and remember to have fun!!we plan on having local family out to the meadow to check out rising water ever day..again we do not think this will effect any areas we plan to use..we are doing this just for precautionary purposes. It is longstanding Rainbow Family consensus that nobody has ever, or ever will represent the Rainbow Family. This is an unofficial collection of information on Rainbow Family and the Rainbow Gatherings, and in no way should anyone who works on this web site/page be considered to be representing the Rainbow Family. THERE IS ALSO A SECONDARY OPTION FOR A HOLDING CAMP ON PRIVATE LAND..NO ALCOHOL ALOUD..PLEASE !!!! SW WA Holding Camp Directions (private property please be respectful) Arriving from Portland, OR, and Points South: 1. Head NORTH on I-5 to Exit 36 2. 2.7 mi Keep left at the fork, follow signs for WA-432 W/WA-4 W/Longview/Long Beach and merge onto WA-432 E 3. 0.3 mi Take the 3rd Ave/WA-411 ramp to Indust. Area/Port Longview 4. 0.5 mi Turn left onto 3rd Ave 5. Continue straight onto WA-432 E/Industrial Way 6. 7.1 mi Continue to follow WA-432 E 7. 0.6 mi Continue onto Coal Creek Rd 8. 1.4 mi Slight left onto Harmony Dr 9. 472 ft Turn right onto Eufaula Heights Rd 10. 0.1 mi Take the 1st left onto Brock Creek Rd 11. 1.0 mi Brock Creed becomes Haryu Rd 12. Destination will be on the left, 0.6 miles past DELENA DR: 643 Haryu Rd, Longview, WA 98632 Arriving from Chehalis or Seattle, WA, and Points North: 13. Head SOUTH on I-5 to Exit 36 14. 2.7 mi Keep left at the fork, follow signs for WA-432 W/WA-4 W/Longview/Long Beach and merge onto WA-432 E 15. 0.3 mi Take the 3rd Ave/WA-411 ramp to Indust. Area/Port Longview 16. 0.5 mi Turn left onto 3rd Ave 17. Continue straight onto WA-432 E/Industrial Way 18. 7.1 mi Continue to follow WA-432 E 19. 0.6 mi Continue onto Coal Creek Rd 20. 1.4 mi Slight left onto Harmony Dr 21. 472 ft Turn right onto Eufaula Heights Rd 22. 0.1 mi Take the 1st left onto Brock Creek Rd 23. 1.0 mi Brock Creed becomes Haryu Rd 24. Destination will be on the left, 0.6 miles past DELENA DR: 643 Haryu Rd, Longview, WA 98632

9. x_WaX_x

x_WaX_x Member

I'm leaving from Philly going to Colorado in a couple days. From there going to NoCal........we should talk!! i can only call from Gmail...i don't have a phone. let me know a time that's best! i've got an idea

peace =)

10. soapofthelotus

soapofthelotus Member

Dianandia!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HexGruEDxtQ

gach ait!

YEAH!!!! good vibes hugs not drugs! fairies are real! lets return to our true fam! the evil spell is broken!

Rainbow family, uniting nations, directions, coasts, **kindred spirits**, loved ones, elements nadurally!

astral maryland, fairyland

medical ness (the song) - selflessly healing worlds, one day at a time :)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XZTR67IQ

weed is not a drug, its an herb and a flower, has the power to heal, at the final hour

11. Paisley Skye

Paisley Skye Member

i've been thinking about something, but more than likely it has already been considered: has anyone considered having regional rainbow family gatherings so that more people of limited means could more easily attend? i'd love to hear from anyone who has info on this matter.

12. chime

chime Member

Um.... Been there and been doing that for years. What state do you live in? Go to welcomehome.org

13. Olympic-Bullshitter

Olympic-Bullshitter Banned

Thanks for your wisdom.

14. JodyDnl

JodyDnl Member

hey family. im on the east coast... NH.. im going to take a bus ride to the west coast. hope all make it safely to gathering... much love

15. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

there are of course other rainbow websites,this one being one.plenty of regionals.probly have been since first natls or soon after.welcomehome.org still exists but is very quiet.welcomehere kinda tookover then ".afterthat was shortlived rainbowfamilyonline.com, tho active".rainbowgatherings.ning.com, off & on.hippiegatherings.socialgo.com still active,relatively quiet.i find it interestin,alotta ppl still mention welcomehome, tho it`s so quiet.nowonder very little often gets done.then theres tribes.net which is kinda weird,& difficult 2 navigate but active.www.flrainbow.org by far has the best in pure links, just no chat or forums.there are plenty of yahoo rainbow groups. then there is agr which i despise.

16. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

I need a ride too. Where in cali are you? I'm about 40 minutes east of lost angeles.

17. 7point65

7point65 Banned

All I know semi fer sure is it will be on National Forest land way the hell out past the last one horse town. They'll probably wait till the last possible moment to put the word out.

From what I've seen of their method of notifying folks you had better just about be driving a rock crawlin super duper 4x4 on Steroids with GPS, topogs of the Rockies west and a hundred gallon fuel capacity and more survival gear than the original Donner Party. And a most excellent compass w/protractor. Then be prepared to travois all your gear in because vehicles for the most part will not be allowed in to the bulk of the camping circle. That is to make it difficult for the Five-ohh crowd to drive in with their dope dogs and their attitudes and their guns and steenkin' badges and rain on everyones parade.

I did talk to one of them on the phone about a month ago and it was one of the coolest phone calls I had ever had. A party was in progress on his end and it sure sounded like quite the Shindig!!!

Alas but I am right in the middle of going to school to learn a new trade so I won't be going NO WHERE fun this year. Well perhaps my Barter Faire trip will pan out this year.....one can always hope!!:sunny::sunny::sunny::love:

18. alchesmitfaust

alchesmitfaust Guest

Me and my girlfriend are also looking for a ride to WA, from the Chicago area. This will be our first Rainbow Gathering. I have wanted to go for years, but have never been able to pull myself to do it. Now we are ready. We just need a way there.

I am 24, she is 25. We are both relaxed, open minded, good humored, kind, and 420 friendly. We would throw in gas money, food, and camping supplies. Let me know via email at claypoolsbass@yahoo.com. Thank you.

19. oshinn

oshinn Member

i'm so excited... i really hope i can go this year! so far no job to prevent me from going... haha. my boyfriend is really excited also. i'm trying to work it out so that i can visit my papa in oregon and then just head north from there when it comes time for bellybuttonz... but it depends on my boyfriend and his driving schedule. i'd be glad to pick up hitchhikers, given the chance! :afro:

20. tonysgreen

tonysgreen Member

Yo bro hippies , been a while. Looking for info on washington holding camp. Been 10 years since I was able to go to gathering. My bro's Nick the Pick, and Twisted Gizzard may be there. would like to see them. ANY INFO ABOUT LOCATION OF CAMP OR MY BRO'S WOULD BEEN RIGHT ON! THANKS