Washing dreadlocks after having them put in for first time?

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by swampyolivia, Oct 23, 2011.

1. haha_wintaaa

haha_wintaaa Member

lol. no.. how does that even coincide with me at all? never used wax, didn't go to a salon, didn't have 2 1/2 feet long hair, my head isn't buzzed, and i combed out my dreads fairly easily.
    craig, you crazy

2. Shampoo7

Shampoo7 Members

3. Shampoo7

Shampoo7 Members

If you don't use wax what would you use?

4. mcbewgrbawlz

mcbewgrbawlz Members

if you don't wash your dreads you are a dirty hobo just like any other style of hair if you don't wash it

5. mcbewgrbawlz

mcbewgrbawlz Members

GOOD OLE FASHIONED TIME

6. Luna Lovesong

Luna Lovesong Members

full disclosure: I have only officially had some dreads for 2 and a half weeks and my full head was only finished 5 days ago. however I have spent years asking people with dreads anywhere that I go what their opinions are and have been actively researching everything I could find for the last four months this is what I have come to understand

wash with baking soda. I dissolve 3-4 tlbs in warm water and use that on them and gently rub at the roots then rinse
    then I do half and half apple cider vinegar, half water and let that sit while I do the rest of my shower as if it were conditioner and rinse that as well

then I squeeze them dry and blow dry for good measure once its dry I use 2 drops of essential oil 2 cups water and 2 cups aloe vera juice and spritz a small amount onto my hair, palm roll them put a hat on and stop looking at it.

that's what I hear the most, just stop looking at it