Washers.

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by Dilapidated, May 16, 2004.

1. Dilapidated

Dilapidated Member

Hello, I've got a bunch of those metal washers about the size of quarters and I don't know what to do with them. My mom (who is very crafty and I lurve her) mentioned something about hemp but I don't know how that would work. Help!

2. Azura_Mist

Azura_Mist Member

There are lots of things you could do with washers! Fashion-wise, use them like beads and string them together for a necklace. Weave hemp or other stringy lanyard-y thing through them and make some crazy woven necklace or handbag or hat or something. Put hooks on them, string some stringy stuff through a few of them, and make dangly earrings. Glue them or weld them together to make statues or sculptures or signs or whatever you want. Make a little teeny candelabra and put some small scented candles on it to hang up and light. Weave the washers into a dreamcatcher. There are so many things you can do with them. Oh, paint some of them a light color and some dark and use them for checkers or game board pieces. Hope those ideas help.

3. Dilapidated

Dilapidated Member

Wow! That's awesome! Thanks, i'll definitely use some of those ideas.

4. Azura_Mist

Azura_Mist Member

You're welcome, anytime. This is what I can do with my busy schedule, help others create things with my creative ideas, hehe.

5. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

Make henp and whasher chain mail...Hemp Mail!!!!!