Was Anyone at Woodstock?

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by givepeaceachance, May 15, 2004.

1. HippieFlowerGirl67

HippieFlowerGirl67 Banned

Did anyone happen to see John Densmore there? He went with his gf I think....

2. GlitteryLLama

GlitteryLLama Member

i havent been at woodstock,

but i was in woodstock....... nice little town now... they have a statue of a guitar in a center :)

3. sheeprooter

sheeprooter Member

i was negative 15 when woodstock happened

but i WAS at coventry! :p

4. flowerchild89

flowerchild89 Member

My mom got me the Woodstock DVD for Christmas...12 more days...

5. RetroGroove_Grrl

RetroGroove_Grrl I'm a big girl now

My fave part of the vid is country joe and his fixin to die rag, gotta love that kareokee ball.

It was really moving to see all those people standing up to sing along

6. MBintheOC

MBintheOC We're all mad here..

Unfortunately due 2 the idiots at Woodstock 99, I don't think there'll be another woodstock, notice there was nothing this yr 2 my knowledge:(I hope I'm wrong...

7. YES I CANNABIS

YES I CANNABIS Member

i would do anything to have gone to Woodstock69.. now they make 'new woodstocks' but they're not as good as the real one..

8. toolab

toolab Member

I was at Woodstock 69 and you can read my thread on the subject. It was the most spiritual event thatI ever attended and nothing since then has quite captured the feeling of total love, peace, and happiness. I'm grateful for having the opportunity to attend such a mind-boggling event. Peace to all.

ALI

9. dylanzeppelin

dylanzeppelin daydream believer

i got that magazine of the life special edition of woodstock.. i found it in the beginning of sept. in a canadian airport waiting to come back to america, i instantly had to get it.. its such an awesome thing that was woodstock. i, like many people, would give anything to travel back in time to have gone there.. but at least someone was smart enough to videotape it, otherwise it would only be distant memories for the few that remember.

riversong, what page or picture are you in, in the life magazine?!?

10. gravel_run69

gravel_run69 Member

I was in Coventry. Mud, shit and smoke! What a helluv a time.Woodstock, never heard about it till after it was over but the summer of '69 was the best!

11. riversong

riversong Member

12. riversong

riversong Member

hey now, dz!

back pages - it takes up the whole 2 pages. where there's acres of mud and trash. you'll see 4 leeeeetle people huddled together - janice with the blond hair and the serape - i'm in wheatgerm's old leather coat. but you can't see our faces and i wouldn't have known it was us if i hadn't been able to recognize the clothes and remember the 4 of us picking up trash.

i will be forever grateful to have been there. i wish you all could experience this as well - that some event would occur now with the same magic. doesn't every generation deserve some magic on a cosmic scale?!!

13. dylanzeppelin

dylanzeppelin daydream believer

okay i remember that pic now.. very cool, can i have your autograph, lol. thats gotta be amazing to have experience that, im jealous. i was born way to late.. it sucks.

14. BrokenHunny

BrokenHunny Member

my daddy was their, He even camped out with some famouse people. He use to be in a band* I dont know the name of it- its off the top of my tongue- He quit right before they got famouse-- one of the songs was like "stop people whats that sound everybody look whats going down." :) I love my daddy very much- hes so goofy old hippy!

15. toolab

toolab Member

To BrokenHunny,

The name of the band that your old hippy dad was in before they became famous is Buffalo Springfield. The band featured David Crosby and Stephen Stills and a few other well known folks that I don't recall their names.

16. WildChild12843

WildChild12843 Member

I can't believe they're going to build over that!?! It's a historic site, it should really be protected. I really wanted to go there too, I'm 14, it should be left for the younger generation to enjoy...

17. peace6070

peace6070 Member

i agree i would give anything to go to woodstock!!!