Warning Mobile Phones Frazzle Yer Brain

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by paulfreespirit, Jan 12, 2005.

1. lisabeeny

lisabeeny Member

I don't have a mobile, never had one in fact, and don't intend to get one. I find 'em annoying little objects and feel they are taking over the world.

Recently heard that a top mobile company had designed phones for 6-8 year olds (!!!??), but they have been scrapped due to a probable risk that little people under the age of 8 will be damaged as their brain tissues haven't yet fully developed. I bet that company is pretty peeved to have lost out on that little money maker eh?

2. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

thanks for info / peace

3. dedhead95

dedhead95 The Wizard of Rhythm

The thing is, even if it is proven (which i do), the majority of america is too ignorant and will not belive it because they are too caught up in their own lives

4. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I've already conclusively proven that there is no long term damage from radiation back on page one... if you people wanna continue to believe this crap, go ahead. But please have some kinda sience to back it up... even if its crappy psuedo-science...

The world may be flat too.
    http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djublonskopf/Flatearthsociety.htm

I hope in time you'll realise what idiots you're being.

5. dedhead95

dedhead95 The Wizard of Rhythm

hey we don't need cell phones anyway. we were fine before they were invented, we can live without them

6. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Progress isn't out of nessecity anymore, its out of curiosity.

Everything we need, minus GM, medecine, etc..., has already been perfected...

Its one step closer to the instantanous, free transfer of data anywhere across the globe that'll revolutionise the planet.

Once information is available to everyone, we're truly free. [​IMG]

7. paulfreespirit

quote lodui =i hope in time you realise what idiots your being. hmmmmmmm so people are idiots for questioning certain issues. (so therefore we must all be idiots) ?. what a wonderfull phylosophy you have. yeahh i would rather be an idiot without a tumour or cancer. peace

8. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

But its already been disproved...

The bandwidths of radiation are trace and just like radio waves to your body.

I don't know you, but if you have time to worry about this, you're probably healthy.

Why don't you go play under the bright happy sunshine and forget crazy cellphone conspiracy theories.

If you wanna worry about something, worry about something like tsunami relief...

Heres a little more abuot cell phone radiation...

• Ionizing radiation - This type of radiation contains enough electromagnetic energy to strip atoms and molecules from the tissue and alter chemical reactions in the body. Gamma rays and X-rays are two forms of ionizing radiation. We know they cause damage, which is why we wear a lead vest when X-rays are taken of our bodies.
    • Non-ionizing radiation - Non-ionizing radiation is typically safe. It causes some heating effect, but usually not enough to cause any type of long-term damage to tissue. Radio-frequency energy, visible light and microwave radiation are considered non-ionizing.
    so essentially cell phones are in the middle of the non-ionizing range of frequency... and work like a really, really weak microwave.

And I know you may be thinking, "but if a microwave can do that to a ham..."

but look at the way microwaves cook... they cook from the outside in.... puit a raw ham in the microwave and the outside will get crisp, but the inside will still be raw...

any potential hazardous radiation from a cell phone would work in the same way... you're going to get a noticable ear tan before you'd ever get cancer inside your head...

but people don't get ear tans from cell phones because the amount of radiation emmited is so weak.

If you can cook a hamster with a cell phone in a year, I'll buy you a boat. [​IMG]

9. paulfreespirit

thanks for this info. i just have one more niggiling thought .example= if a person uses a mobile say like 20 times a day over say a twenty year period (would they still be safe) i mean thats a lotta ear bashing with these rays init . i am just thinking long term damage . once this has been proven or disproven i can go onto worrying about toxic waste being dumped in the sea or the big hole in the sky. once again thanks for info. peace