Warning....First World Problem Ahead.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by GLENGLEN, May 18, 2019.

1. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

When I Bought This House And Land I Bought The House "Fully Furnished".......Part Of That

Agreement Was A "48 Bottle Wine Fridge" In The Bar.

It Has Different Temp Settings For Different Types Of Wine.....The Only Problem Is The Coldest Setting

Is The Champagne Temp Which Is 7c......GOOD GOD.... " I Can Piss Colder Than That".....:screamcat:.

I Have Always Liked My Wine At About 2c......Tiny Flakes Of Ice Are Desirable....:yum:.

SO......The Reason For This Thread Is To Ask All You Drinkers Out There.....What Temp

Do You Like Your "Particular Brand Of Poison" At.....And Why...??...:smile:.

Bottoms Up..... :D

Cheers Glen.

2. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

I don't drink, mother nature forbids it and I don't mind going without, but the idea a little indulge is going to kill anybody is absurd!~

Bottoms up!~

3. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

It Doesn't Just Apply To Alcohol......Just Your Fave Temp For Your Fave Beverage.....:smiley:

Cheers Glen.

wooleeheron likes this.
  4. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

I'm brain damaged and even eating food is very different and more of a chore for me than an indulgence, because I have no sense of smell and everything tastes different. Coffee is the only thing I drink for the most part, because combined with the pot it does nice things to the stochastic processing in my brain. :)

My mother always gave me the burnt parts of the food, because she knew it didn't matter.

5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

When I drank wine in high school, we had access to my then girlfriend's (the only serious one I've ever had) dad's wine collection. Her name was Kim, but that is not important. What I discovered was I liked warm merlot. That was my jam! He had a massive wine collection though. Lots of cabernet as well. But I liked the merlot. So I guess I liked red mostly.

Interesting fact: I don't drink anymore; though I certainly used to. Most recently I was a flavored vodka aficionado. I would buy a bottle of blue raspberry and blend it with ice drinking up half the bottle, stick it in the freezer, and forget I had it the next day only to go back to the same store I bought it from this time buying birthday cake flavor. All this is to say I was drinking too much. There was forgotten vodka in the freezer when I got home with the new bottle. But I loved it. It was just totally bad for me and I finally quit.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

If your pee was actually under 7C going out your peetube it would hurt like holy hell

Thats what I took from your post, you wouldnt actually be able to pee colder than that

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I like my ice 0 degrees celcius

8. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Sunshine.....Sometimes When I "Pee"......Little Iceicles Form On The Tip Of My "Best Friend"..... :D

Cheers Glen.

9. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Warning....Post Election Depressive Behaviour Ahead..... :D

Cheers Glen.

wooleeheron likes this.
  10. soulcompromise

Yea... Election times are so weird! And once it's over it can be really difficult to regain your footing; especially if your party isn't in power. It's like, "what now?"

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Tell me about it.

ScoMos punchable face on the TV for 3 years

12. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

It's Ok VG..:cry:....Anytime Your'e Feeling Down You Have Friends To "Lean On " Here.......Lean On Yes....

But No "Reach Around's" Please..... :D

Cheers Glen.

13. AnAussieChef

AnAussieChef Members

Coffee can be either hot or cold,beer -ice cold,red wine at room temperature,white wine I like chilled,that's about it.
    Cheer's
    Paul

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  14. soulcompromise

I was taught to let the wine "breathe" as well, thus opening the bottle and allowing it to adjust to the air or something. Maybe it helps the flavor?

AnAussieChef likes this.
  15. AnAussieChef

AnAussieChef Members

Breathing red wine drives off any musty odours that may have developed in the bottle,generally older ,more mature wines have settled and need little breathing but a wine like a young shiraz benefits from 1 or 2 hours aeration.
    Cheers
    Paul

16. this is fun

this is fun Banned

Might be time to get a new fridge Glen.

17. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

2 Hours You Say....???....No Bloody Way Mate.....If I'm Thirsty ...... I Pop The Cork....Pour....Enjoy....:yum:

Only "Wine Wankers" Do That.....And I Ain't No Wanker.....(i accept that the majority of HF's members may not

agree with this statement)........ :D

Cheers Glen.

AnAussieChef likes this.
  18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

beer cold
    whiskey cold-room temp
    mead chilled in summer, warm in winter
    red win warm
    white wine cold

GLENGLEN likes this.
  19. AnAussieChef

AnAussieChef Members

ROFLMAO

20. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Coffee is best made at 200 degrees F... I'll drink it at any temperature less than that.

AnAussieChef likes this.