warm sub tropical island commune needs help

Discussion in 'Communal Living' started by gringo_in_caribbean0, Aug 21, 2005.

1. gringo_in_caribbean0

gringo_in_caribbean0 Member

hey check this out. from sprit airlines.

FLIGHTS FROM SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO To:

City Fares From Dates Available

Fort Lauderdale $39* each way 1/13

Orlando $39* each way 1/11

and with cheqap connecting flights from many cities a trip to the caribbean can be afforadable.

2. silent

silent Member

I live in carolina pr and being in this over populated area I can't imagine how you are living over there in Aguadilla.
    I think its great, in fact I've always dreamed of living some kind of free life like you are doing. Some things I would change, but hey thats your commune.
    What I find har to believe is that the government is letting you do this. People are very closed minded here and I don't think they would understand or agree with what you are doing.
    I would like to visit one day, but not to stay, just to see how it is... all I need are directions.

3. gringo_in_caribbean0

well its federal land not Rican land in aguadilla. and in Sabana Grande its private so we dont really care what others think. and not many people actually even know how to find us.

as for closed minded people with that i agree to many people down here are so into appearances and will have a flashy car and fany cloths but live in a house that dont even have a finished interior. they seem so worried about what somebody will think about them, they havent relized what i did long ago. all those people passing you on the street are not thinking about you at all, so who cares.

4. ladi

ladi Member

hey there gringo! I seemed to have lost your email address. I was thinking of you and thought i would see if you were sure about having plenty of Chili mix and tartar sauce? Well If you want to give me a yell.
    See ya,
    Andi

5. tlxreed

tlxreed Member

Gringo,

Yeah, that was fun. Particularly looking through the satellite maps of the area on google. You got a pretty good deal going. I'll try this evening to see if we can get a chat going.

6. HeadCraft

HeadCraft Member

Is there hospital nearby?

7. gringo_in_caribbean0

i guess it depends on what you consider nearby.

but from either of our locations there is atleast 6 hospitals withen 30 mile radius some bigger and better than others but hell the island is only like 35 miles by 100 miles give or take. so nothing is to far away. you cvan get anyplace on island to anywhere in 3 hours or less usually less but if you go near san juan or caguas the traffic gets you big time.

8. FreedomRyver

FreedomRyver Member

ill be lookin for ya on yahoo messenger, im still very serious about checking out your setup down there...be in touch with ya,
    thanx

9. lonners

lonners Member

I am quite interested in what you have going on. I am looking for more in life than what is here, some where where poeple could understand me a little. Please be in contact with me soon, I will be leaving my home soon, not too sure where I am going but it is time to leave! I don't have much expierience farming or anything but I am always willing to learn everything I can. I am 20 and soon to be on my own in this amazing world to do nothing but explore. Much Love and Peace always.

10. gringo_in_caribbean0

ok people keep on sending messages and emailing us about how we got an old military base, so here is the contact info i had from a couple of years ago. since they are military people there might be new people in the office now but the addys should be the same.
    so if your intrested please contact them NOT ME i can not get you a military base .

The Atlantic Division of the Naval Facilities Engineering Command

manages the Navy's real property along the East Coast of the U.S. and throughout the Atlantic, Caribbean, and Mediterranean.

Code BD31BL
    1510 Gilbert Street
    Norfolk, Virginia 23511-2699

Division Fax Number: (757) 322-4894

Bruce J. Larson
    Archaeologist
    Phone Number: (757) 322-4885
    E:Mail Address: larsonbj@efdlant.navfac.navy.mil

Michael B. Newbill
    Historical Architect
    Phone Number: (757) 322-4884
    E:Mail Address: newbillmb@efdlant.navfac.navy.mil

and they are not the friendliest people in the world either, and often will only talk about a specific property, so it might be a good idea to find a spot before you try to talk to them.

Naval Facilities Engineering Command

Headquarters

Commander Naval Facilities Engineering Command (BDD)
    1322 Patterson Avenue, S.W.
    Suite 1000
    Washington Navy Yard
    Washington, D.C. 20374-5065

Joseph B. Thomas, Jr.
    Deputy Federal Preservation Officer/Head/Navy Cultural Resources Office
    Phone Number: (202) 685-9196
    Fax Number: (202) 685-1577
    E:Mail Address: thomasj@navfac.navy.mil

11. Gerva

Gerva Member

nice project, and you're having so many people intersted in it.myself, I should earlier being on the spot, then I'd make a decison..thanks anyway, you indirectly answered to my question about germany..

12. TrippyVibe420

TrippyVibe420 Member

hey now! i love what you are offering here, and i am looking for something just like it. I have lived in a communal situation like this before... but the way they had it set up just didnt work. We had 5 adults and 3 kids living in a 4 bedroom house in the city, and some people just werent willing to help out equally- and it fell apart. I am 18 years old and have been traveling my whole life. im really looking for sometimg like this. i am great at watching kids (love kids) i make clothes and jewlery and have worked many roadside markets. I dont drink.. and am not into heavy drugs at all. If i can save enough money to get down there, i would be 100 percent willing to be part of your family and help out with whatever poss. around your land. and i love learning new things. i would prob only want to stay for maybe 6 months to a year though... or maybe if i like it make it long term. it may sound like im young but i have lived a god life and am up to the task.
    i would really love for you to e-mail me with more info if possible.
    my e-mail is TrippyVibe420@aol.com looking forward to hearing from you

13. gringo_in_caribbean0

wow sorry i took so long to get ack online and check this forum.

my email is rlingram@prtc.net and hopefully somebody will be online a little more often now. we had all been real busy here latly trying to round up 40k to buy another piece of land. LOL anybody wanna buy into a piece of island life? 1/2 acre for 2k. sounds like alot but down here thats pretty cheap.

14. gringo_in_caribbean0

thanks to those that sent me e-mails about this but the money problem was taken care of. since we recently found gold in the river here money hasnt been an issue.

but we still could use some help. and if you have any ore smelting experience that would be great.

we did manage to buy the thrid property and those of us here are wanting to makea stay down here more enjoyable for people. what we have decided to offer is out of the new land we purchased to give it away in 1/2 arce parcels to people that stay commited to the group for a year. that way they have something that they own and to show for the work they do.

plus its just empty land and if we sold it more than likly some developer would just get it and fllod the area with housing units.

besides the gold panning and sluice work we are doing right now we continue the regualr work we have been doing for the past 2 years. and usually only pan for a few hours in the evening. which is very relaxing in itself sitting on the river bank with feet in the cool mountian water. and we have taken to help a special cause that many of us here belive is very worthy. helping the wild horses of Puerto Rico. down here horses are considered an envasive species even though they have been on the island for 500+ years and are not protected in any way. even killed by local goverments so we have been offering all income generated that exceeded our needs to a group to help protect them.

anyways there is our update

15. rambleON

rambleON Coup

this sounds almost to good to be true. heya gringo. Im looking for a place
    like this--a place I can give a 100% into and live free with like minded
    people. Are there other people there of the opposite sex the same age? As
    to have relationships with. I'm a 24 male and would love this life but
    would also be turned away if I would have no chance of meeting a partner
    and starting my own family there. Any solutions to this? Oh, yeah I
    absolutely need to smoke pot. I use it spiritually and medically, would i
    be able to grow it off the property or at least have it on my person on the
    property?

16. rambleON

rambleON Coup

AHhh, i just read that you have to have kids to come? Well, I respect your request and I no longer feel that this is right for me. I think it's wrong to only allow people with childern to come live. But, it is your land and its your commune. Good luck with all your future edvors.

17. natasharooo

natasharooo Guest

Is this commune still in existence? I would really like more info.

18. oldwolf

oldwolf Waysharing-not moderating Super Moderator

you are not the only 1
    I fear that "gringo"is no longer using hipforums and will not be answering here.
    For those willing to research please do not post your finding here but private message those who wish to know - putting a link in these forums is dicouraged unless the links are within the forums
    I also wish to know please private message or e-mail me (in signature - need to warn me in description so it's not tossed out as spam).
    Best Blessings
    Namaste

19. Native69

Native69 Guest

Cool they found Gold, nice to know it's still on the Island, but then I'm heading to Nevada tomorrow so I may find some in the States. Fully plan on coming back here once I get some stuff going in the Desert (A year or so I'm guessing)

Puerto Rico is a cool place and I'd suggest a visit to anyone who can get here & back, beautiful place, cool people and awesome food.
    I'm on the Northeast corner now these Folks are on the other side of the Island.

WHOOPS! It's Fritz. I didn't notice Native was logged in. My bad. :D

20. Starsrainbow

Starsrainbow ~om~

yer lil' secret is out now Fritz :smilielol5: