War

Discussion in 'Protest' started by paulfreespirit, Jun 25, 2006.

1. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

a question .......why ? what for ? why would any human being wanna kill another human being on the say so of some fucken shitbag sittin in a office ?/?....well........?...i say that shitbag should be sent to the front line " seriously man .

2. AHumblePatriot

AHumblePatriot Member

Why would someone go to war? to stop the Hitlers, the Stalins, the Castros, and the Hussains.

3. Any Color You Like

Any Color You Like Senior Member

We all know it is greed that motivates the leaders to waging war. The soldiers are just to brainwashed to understand it... they think they are doing a good patriotic act by going to the the front line, but they're just helping to spread hate.

4. AHumblePatriot

AHumblePatriot Member

Have any of you ever actually BEEN in the military? I'm not talking to the pre-18 people, but 18+. Cuz if you haven't, you really don't have any idea whats going on.

5. streamlight

streamlight Member

That's the biggest load of bullshit i've heard in a while. Just because someone wants to join the military doesn't mean they are brainwashed.

6. believe

believe Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

What if your leader who is sending you into war is a Hitler, Stalin, Castro, or Hussain? How do you rationalize your patriotism then?

7. AHumblePatriot

AHumblePatriot Member

What unit?

8. AHumblePatriot

AHumblePatriot Member

What year? Voluntary?

9. AHumblePatriot

AHumblePatriot Member

Frontline Marine, or a pogue REMF? You do an awful lot of bitching for a former Marine. Or maybe your an ex-Marine.

10. believe

Seriously, you boys need to set aside the egos for a minute and engage in a conversation with each other. The name calling and insults are just feeding on one another. Maybe you can take this conversation to the private sector and spare the rest of us from being exposed to your little feud.

11. vodoo chile

vodoo chile Member

tell em

12. paulfreespirit

and your the expert are yer?.......do enlighten us .

13. paulfreespirit

thing is believe ........when soldiers (from whatever country ) try to dictate the ways of other countries "people around the world see whats going on " then feuds start ........thats life man . was bush after saddam? or oil ?

14. AHumblePatriot

AHumblePatriot Member

I'm not really sure. My head would probably explode from internal conflict.

15. paulfreespirit

but do they become brainwashed?.

16. believe

Hmm...if I were patriotic in the same way that you seem to be, I might have the same problem. But from your point of view our current leader is worth risking your life for?

17. randomrules

randomrules Member

I do not believe that everyone who joins one of the services is brainwashed.

If you are living in a military enviroment for any amount of time you learn to behave and think in a certain way.

It happens in all parts of society.

Soliders are no more brainwashed than some people on here, just in a different way.

18. randomrules

randomrules Member

Why would a human want to blow himself up on a train and kill other humans?

All for some fanatical islamic religous leader

It is funny that the terrorist recieve such little criticism on these boards. The majority of people on these boards claim to value all life - yet seem to highlight every american action 'American solider shoots child' etc.

But never 'Insurgents bomb market'

I understand some of you will hold the view that these people are not terrorist - that they are freedom fighters. After all we attacked them.

I think a divide needs to be made between the terrorist - those that see the west as infidel that need to be destroyed - and do not want to stop until they have an islamic world.

and insurgents in Iraq - those who are fighting to get allied forces out of Iraq. Some of these people will be genuine freedom fighters who want to rid Iraq of American Forces - but I believe that a large amount of the insurgents are members of the Baath Party who went to ground once their govenment was toppled.

I just find it strange that if a American kills an Iraqi it is widely condemned on these boards

But if an Iraqi kills an Iraqi - it isn't so widely condemned - and if it is - it is condemned along the lines of 'Well this wouldn't be happening if we weren't there.' Well. I am pretty sure Saddam would still be killing in order to keep control over the population.

Aren't we suspose to be seeing life as life here?

19. paulfreespirit

again you make some good points " but when people hear or see woman "children "and innocent civilians bein gunned down in their own homes " (for what) being iraqis who have had a pretty shitty squallid life as it is " then are we expected to say those who commited those acts are heroes?. anyway THE POINT of this thread is why dont these so called leaders in office and their kin go to the frontlines themselves and experience the grim reality of war ?.this is not just a american issue "its a world wide one ie= where was mark thatcher in the falklands ? was"nt he a million miles away in a desert doing dodgy deals ? did"nt we sell arms to argentina ? only those arms we sold "were used against the british soldiers shortly afterwards.

20. paulfreespirit

their too busy looking after their own interests and bankrupting the american economy . did"nt bush go awol when younger (was it vietnam ) ? .