War With Syria

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by AmericanTerrorist, Aug 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Israel pulled stunts like that before.

2. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Well, I do think either that or something like Pressed Rat touched on is very likely.

3. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Yes, European goverments mostly support the US. Go out on the streets here at the old continent and ask what the people think. You won't get many positive answers.

4. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Well, just so you know I saw some poll results in the U.S. for how many United States citizens believe we should strike in Syria and 25% are for it and 75% are against it.
    People here do NOT want another Iraq or Afghanistan.

5. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Not surprised at those numbers. While I don't think we should get involved in Syria, I am under no illusions that the general American public (along with the European public) doesn't have the spine for war anymore.

6. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I bet out of those 25% only a very small percentage has a clue what this is about. The others just wanna bomb anything that has to do with Muslims or the Middle East.

7. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

The spine? Sure... the general American public may have the spine for it, but that doesn't mean they want any more money spent on wars than has been spent in the past ten years..

And @ bird... lol, well, would be if it doesn't have a good bit of truth to it.
    That said, there are people who... I believe want to see an end to all the senseless killing going on other there (on both sides) and maybe think it's the right then to step in to end things. BUT, I don't agree because it is not our business. And it's not like we'd just step in and things would end anyways. I highly doubt it, at this point, even COULD go like that..

8. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Nah, I think that is a convenient excuse to say "No, we don't want that". I think it just covers up a deeper, pervasive weakness on the part of the vast majority of the American civilian population. Shit, we're almost as weak and spineless as our counterparts across the Atlantic in Europe.

9. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

So blind hatred of the unknown and wanting to bomb a country far away and having no clue what goes on in the rest of the world means you have a spine?

10. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

And you think those twenty five percent have a clue? They have conviction and everyone thinks they are on the right side. You can't bring fucking up to truth and make fucking up better. Realize the truth and stop fucking up.

11. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Typical.... :rolleyes:

12. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Explaineth thyself, young grasshopper.

13. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I support a US surgical strike to take out the chemical weapons and if there’s collateral damage to the civilian population, then I blame the Syrian government for using their people as human shields [​IMG]

hotwater

14. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

I blame every government for trying to use us a guinea pigs to assert their ideals.

15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

this won't be a US led invasion. France, Russia, and Great Britain are all considering military intervention. I don't really see this being the downfall of the US but I do see it potentially as the start of ww3, considering how many nations are involved.

16. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Also, it's US of A not US and A [​IMG]

Hotwater

17. roamy

roamy Senior Member

syrian rebels have never at anytime used chemical weapons.the syrian goverment has.

18. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

We should just nuke the whores of the middle east

19. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

All I know is I fell asleep and when I woke up Joe Biden was on tv talking about this and... you know how you hear stuff that's on tv sometimes in your sleep- well, what I was hearing sounding rather scary in my sleep and when I woke up, Joe Biden looked rather scary to me.
    Also, before my little nap I saw that France, the U.K., Germany, The Arab League, Turkey, and possibly some other I'm forgetting will be involved. But, Meli, what do you mean Russia said they will be involved?

20. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Why just the whores? I'd say nuke all of them, turn the whole Middle Earth into one big desert.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.