War With Syria

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by AmericanTerrorist, Aug 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

2. odonII

odonII O

AmericanTerrorist

'What was just SAID on CNN within the last hour was "Military strikes could begin in Syria within the next few hours- as soon as Obama GIVES HIS OKAY".'

CNN: Senior admin official says military options on Syria will be ready in next few days, could strike in hours if Obama orders

http://inagist.com/all/372139871680212992/?utm_source=inagist&utm_medium=rss

3. 3407LOVE

3407LOVE Member

Yes, but to make it look better and demon`strate the US commitment
    to ..... ?

I forget.

Reminder to small thugs
    Bigger thugs are on your case.

4. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Syria has its own chemical weapons development program that was started in 1969 using chemicals supplied by several different companies from several different countries. Some of the chemicals can be used for other things, so some of these chemicals may have been supplied without the knowledge of how they would be used. As far back as 1989, then-CIA Director William Webster said,
    The German Schott Corporation provided glass making chemicals that were then used for chemical weapons.
    The Soviets have provided technical assistance.
    India sent trimethyl phosphite, which is used in pesticides and pharmaceuticals. The syrians used it to make VX instead.
    The German company Sigri sent equipment used for the Teflon coating of chemical instruments.
    Britian's MW Kellogg set up plants to make ammonia and urea, both common industrial chemicals.
    France sent information on chemical storage.
    North Korea recently sent 13,000 chemical protection coats, they were intercepted on route and they have supplied assistance in the production of chemical warheads.

Syria has been making chemical weapons to provide itself with a "weapons parity" against Israel.

The U.S will probably hit missile launch sites, chemical storage facilities, and suspected chemical weapons production plants. It is reported the attacks will come at night so as to limit human deaths as much as possible.

Chemical weapons are banned under the Geneva Convention and the Chemical Weapons Convention.
    The U.S. will have international legal support for any action it takes against these weapons. It is also reported that Britain has a submarine on site, assumed to have cruise missile capabilities.

5. Sig

Sig Senior Member

You don't think we're already operating against Assad's forces?

China and Russia are many things, but they aren't stupid. They aren't going to get involved beyond bitching and moaning. Alone or combined, they cannot hope to defeat the United States if they decided to get stupid and militarily back Assad. Iran, well, they'll go on doing what they do and fund/equip Hezbollah.

Overall, I don't think we should get involved. Why? Because this is Syria's problem. Fuck'em.

6. RIPTIDE59

RIPTIDE59 Banned

If we remain passive these opposing barbarians could eliminate themselves. Nice. In the meantime barry looks to wag the dog. Sleight of hand , watch for the missing scandals.

7. deviate

deviate Senior Member

My thoughts exactly. Not our problem.

8. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I keep reading ''war with Serbia'', and I'm like yeah, you go, America

9. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

If they will likely hit chemical storage facilities won't that release chemicals into the air around these facilities? How does doing this at night limit human deaths?

I am so against us getting involved at all. The world already hates us for doing anything and yet they always expect the US to do something.

10. Sig

Sig Senior Member

A lot of times the heat from impact explosions will destroy any chemicals in the immediate area. Depends on the size of the munition used though.

We're damned if we do, damned if we don't.

11. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

There is no fucking proof the Syrian government used chemical weapons. All evidence points to rebel groups which are nothing more than CIA mercenaries. Fuck the US government and their bullshit excuses to kill innocent people. Fuck that faggot John Kerry and fuck that Kenyan-born turd, Barack Osama. I am so sick of these terrorist pieces of filth ruining innocent lives and waging war on countries for no reason other than money and control.

12. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Hey, Rat, are you angry? ;)

I don't think there is clear evidence pointing either way. That war is one big confused fucking mess.

13. Sig

Sig Senior Member

14. odonII

odonII O

'All evidence points to rebel groups'

'I don't think there is clear evidence pointing either way'

Some evidence would've been nice...

'Hey, Rat, are you angry?'

A. His true colours. B. He's trolling. C. He be drunk. D. He's trolling the forum with his true colours while he be drunk.

...take your pick.

15. RIPTIDE59

RIPTIDE59 Banned

The kenyan economist should be wagging the dog by this time next wk. Rat is Right.....

16. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Well, you know, excuse me for not being clear on what I saw today... I'm hoping somebody will actually know what I am referring to and be able to fill me in- the reasons I am not clear on what I saw is, I was only able to sleep an hour and a half last night (got up this morning and had an amazingly fun day at the splash park with Cason on little sleep but anyways, my brain power since has been lacking..)- and when I saw this clip on- I THINK-CNN- I was also reading books to Cason and really not focusing on the tv at all....
    BUT... a couple of hours ago I think it was a saw words come across the screen on CNN(?) about...
    -Something about the people who are messing up the inspections (for chemical weapons) are the rebels, not Assad's people....?
    But I feel I am missing some of the story about that because I did not have the volume up and that was all I saw about it...
    so, is there more to that story? and any news on this topic today so far or is it (in general, about a military strike or not...), the same as it was last night??

17. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

An attack on Syria might be the downfall of the mighty US and A. While governments of many countries still support the US, the people often do not. At some point the 'goodwill' is over.

18. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

The rebels could have easily contrived the whole video with the dead kids supposedly killed by chemical weapons.It could be a complete hoax,knowing as they do that any suggestion that the Assad regime used chemical weapons on their own people would be likely to bring in Western forces,which is what the rebels desperately want.Just a thought.

19. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I really highly doubt that would be the downfall of the U.S.
    Although action from the U.N. is unlikely based on Russia's support for Syria, I still do think the U.S. would have a lot of European support- or at least some.. I doubt it would end up being a thing of just the U.S.'s doing...
    In any case though... if it ends up being the end of the U.S., oh well.
    If I really feel like getting all extreme and thinking of all the things that COULD happen based on all the players potentially to be involved.... it could be the end of a lot of things...

20. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

I think that if we ended war at home we wouldn't be fighting anywhere else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.