War With Iran Open To Bush

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MaximusXXX, May 19, 2007.

1. MaximusXXX

MaximusXXX Senior Member

2. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

Yeah, we sit back and allow the defense spending bill to go through, and the funds that are supposedly granted to support our military in Iraq are open to use for waging war with Iran.

3. rebelfight420

rebelfight420 Banned

I am at a loss for words ....

4. gardener

I would hope our congress would ensure that whatever they agree to doesn't give this administration the free access to expand this war...but it looks like this is exactly what it will do. We have our carriers in position, we are waiting to have the funds to send them on their mission. And our president and his administration are selling us the American public on the premise that to deny this bill would be to put our soldiers at risk, when in truth to pass this bill will be to enable our military to expand their war.

5. Scholar_Warrior

Scholar_Warrior Be Love Now

yeah, and here is the positive spin the dems are putting on this one:

Breaking News: Because of your help, the House just passed legislation that will go to the White House that includes critical issues Democrats have been fighting for including: canceling the President's blank check in Iraq, raising the minimum wage, and increased funding for military health care and veterans' benefits, and help for victims of Hurricane Katrina.

Dear Gilmore,

THEN:
    Two weeks ago, President Bush vetoed our legislation to demand accountability in Iraq and declared he would only sign a bill without any accountability for his management of the war.

NOW:
    Now, the President has agreed to accountability and reporting provisions. That means for the first time we can force the President to be held accountable for his endless war in Iraq. We canceled the President's blank check in Iraq.

Why the sudden change? It's because of you that we have taken this first important step. You stood with us here at the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) every step of the way. You signed petitions against the President's failed policies, spoke out on the need to change course in Iraq, and wrote letters-to-the-editors in support of the issues Americans care about.

As the President's resistance shows, there is no quick and easy way to end this war.

As Speaker Pelosi said today about the vote, "This debate will go on." Democrats believe ending this war is a step-by-step process and today marks a significant step in this direction.

I will need your help again to take the next step in our fight to end this war. Tomorrow, Democrats in the House will announce a new plan to bring legislation forward that includes timetables.

They will need your help to make this a reality. Together, we have come this far and I know together we can do even more. It will take both sides working together to truly bring this war to a successful and responsible end. That's why I need you to do even more to speak out and voice your support. You can do so at our DCCC Iraq Resource Center.

Today marks a new beginning for America. We took a step forward together as a nation - away from the failures of the President's policies and toward a more hopeful time. Democrats are committed to redeploying our troops and ending the war in Iraq once and for all. Our commitment will never change and our dedication will never stop.

I hope I can count on your continued support.

Sincerely,

[​IMG]
    Brian Wolff
    Executive Director

P.S. –The fight to end the war in Iraq is far from over. With your continued help, we will keep up the pressure on the President to listen to the advice of his commanders and the will of the American people. But we will only succeed if we move forward together. Please visit the DCCC's Iraq Resource Center and get involved in the fight today.

6. guy

guy Senior Member

the republic is at an end

just be thankful you aren't in a torture chamber somewhere

7. lifelovefun

lifelovefun Member

LOL - War with the entire middle east area has been the plan since before 2001, so Iran is no surprise.

And in regards to those torture chambers nearby, do a little research on all the Citizen Internment Camps that have been built in the last 10 years here in America. I wonder who they're for???

8. gardener

Yup the PNAC even though officially disbanded is still continuing with their Agenda. And "democrats" like Lieberman are working to see their goals through to the bitter end.

All those people that reelected Lieberman will soon have something to think about. How could they be so dense?

9. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned