WalMart MUST DIE

Discussion in 'Globalization' started by nowhere, May 27, 2004.

1. nowhere

nowhere Member

I hate walmart. all the horrible noise, the space it takes up, and how it chockes all the smaller places with a better enviorment. DOWN WITH WAL MART
    JOIN the cause.

2. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

Ummm...I don't really have an opinion on Wal-Mart. I don't usually shop there, but it's far from the worst thing on Earth. Look at the injustices of poverty, HIV/AIDS, hunger...the list goes on. If Wal-Mart is your biggest enemy, consider yourself lucky.

3. nightmarehippygirl

nightmarehippygirl LEVI'S MOMMY

walmart is loud and crowded, and a mess to shop in, but i gotta say, it's pretty much the only place to shop in my little town. i can't join the cause, since i go there to buy groceries, and pretty much everything else.

i will say that working at wal mart is a bitch. i did for a while in high school....ugh.

4. jendi17

jendi17 Member

The only thing I have wrong with Wal-Mart is that they have so much little junky shit that no one buys and its a waste of space

5. bokonon

bokonon Senior Member

6. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

Being a broke college student, I can't afford to shop anywhere other than Walmart.

On a really good day I can go to Target, but...[​IMG]

7. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

The people shopping at Wal Mart depress me....makes it seem that humanity is on it's way out, or has at least de-evolved.

8. Megara

Megara Banned

walmart is nice for people on a budget...pretty much no one beats their prices..and they have virtually everything....as someone else said: there are far worse things in the world than wal mart or any department store for that matter.

9. seamonster66

No one can beat their prices, no one can compete with them due to the quantity that they purchase at a time...

Wal Mart really does suck, it sucks the life out of towns, while providing only shitty minimum wage jobs.

Besides, what the fuck, you are only allowed to discuss the biggest problems in the world, that's ridiculous, especially in a globablization forum.

10. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

Well, I must say that Walmart does tend to bring out the worst in people. From fighting over parking spaces, to fighting over the last "Tickle Me Elmo", to griping about the lines being too long. Very saddening. :(

But hey, find me a better, cheaper (or equally budget friendly) place in Albuquerque, New Mexico and I'll gladly shop there. Gladly. :)

11. seamonster66

I wasn't trying to insult any individuals that shop there...for instance you Ginge...but just that the wal mart shopping masses, as a whole, are particularly mutated.

I understand people have budgetary constraints....

12. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

No no! I'm actually agreeing with you about the masses. I guess I worded it funny. :eek:

If I could find a better place to shop, I most definitely would. Going to Walmart is a chore for me.

13. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

Seems like Walmart is taking over the world...
    Soon there will only be Walmart and Starbucks..

Walmart is like being in a 12 story building when some yells fire...

14. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

i'd rather shop at thrift stores and garage sales than at walmart.

15. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

There's something depressing about the Walmart closest to my home in New Jersey. To put it this way, the nearby Target is the Taj Mahal compared to the nearby Walmart.

16. Digital Underpants

Digital Underpants Member

The wally world closest to me is a super wally world you can grocery shop and everything.I hate them and refuse to go.They are killing small grocers all over my city and and only promote mass cosumerism as if all we need in the world is more stuff. I agree they do have low prices and if you are poor (like me) then it is helpful but ther are other places that have good prices too. I am for booting wally out of my town but we are a country geared toward convenience and they are that ............

17. Digital Underpants

Digital Underpants Member

Also I hear they don't offer ther employees benefits they just train them on how to get government aid!

18. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

I'm not gonna be popular for this but... I like Wal-mart. I'm irritated by the crowds but I don't see how that is their fault. I used to work for Wal-mart and I was treated well. They even criticized you nicely. I miss that job. I don't understand why you all hate them for being successful. For example, if I beat out 20 people for a job and then work my way up to president, how is that abusing the other applicants? Don't get all worked up. I just don't understand so I'm asking.

19. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I think Walmart is the most evil of all retailers in the country. Their tacky bulidings are popping up all over the place. And these aren't just regular Walmarts, they are the "super" Walmarts which take up literally an entire city block worth of land. And this corporation has no qualms about destroying a beautiful residential park or wooded area in order to erect one of their hideous Walmart kingdoms, which are turning quaint suburbs into capitalist cesspools.

I also think Walmart is exploitative to their employees. I kind of feel bad for the suckers who have to wear those tacky blue "how may I help you?" vests while getting paid $6.00 an hour. They might as well make vests which read "how may I suck your cock?"

20. lovelyweapon

lovelyweapon Member

See, this I can't really agree with. I would much rather put on a blue vest and ask people "how may I help you", rather than put on a hat and ask people "would you like fries with that" for six bucks an hour.