Wales UK in Fire Break Lockdown from Friday 23rd October at 6.00PM

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Boozercruiser, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

Every Wales fire-break lockdown rule - from stay at home order to closure of shops and businesses

Just announced by Welsh Government:

So here we go again, and what a mess!
    I live in North Wales near Llandudno there on the map, so this will effect my Wife and I of course, but I very much doubt if it will do any good!
    We have already had a total UK lock down starting in March 2020.
    This was eased off mainly from June 1st 2020 though there was some lighter easing earlier than that.

This did appear to bring the situation under control but now Covid 19 is back with a vengeance.

What I can’t understand is this.
    So they do this for at least 2 weeks, and it just might bring things under control for a while.

But once this is all eased again, I believe this measure is just kicking the can down the road as we enter Ground Hog Day because as sure as little apples are little apples, if it could speak like Arnold Schwarznegger the Coroner Virus would say:

I will be back! :eek:

Are you under any sort of lockdown or restrictions were you are?
    Do you agree with Lock Downs?
    Will they do any good?

The main lockdown rules for the whole of Wales UK:
    • People must stay at home, except for very limited purposes, such as for exercise
    • People must work from home unless they are critical workers
    • All non-essential retail, gyms, leisure centres, bars, restaurants and hospitality must close (unless they provide take-away or delivery services)
    • Close contact services, such as hairdressers and beauticians, and events and tourism businesses, such as hotels must close
    • Community centres, libraries and recycling centres will close
    • Primary schools will reopen after half term but secondaries will shut for all but Years Seven and Eight
    • People must not gather with people they do not live with, either indoors or outdoors
    • No gatherings will be allowed outdoors, such as Halloween or fireworks/Bonfire night or other organised activities

[​IMG]

mysticblu21 and Mysteron like this.
  2. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

I do empathise with you mate. We are just about holding out in Manchester as you may know.

I don't understand why they are the playing for time .Lockdowns don't work as you are correct to point out.

Boozercruiser and mysticblu21 like this.
  3. Boozercruiser

Thank you for replying to the thread Mysteron.
    Trying to get a debate going here is very difficult for whatever reason.
    I don’t bother with the British forums now as I like it here, and I haven’t got time to try and hover and do justice to more than one forum.
    I do like the debate side one can get over our side of the pond though, so I do rather miss it.

Yes of course I am following Manchester and Liverpool and the rest and my Wife and I are taking a great interest in all that is going on.

The thing is we are being governed by a load of idiots of whatever persuasion.
    The first lockdown just possibly might have worked, test test test was too late, track and trace was too late and the whole thing is a ruddy mess.
    Not helped by Scotland and Wales and Ireland and England all more or less going their separate ways with very different ideas of how to tackle this crisis.
    And of course Mysteron.
    It IS a crisis.

If you'r out there God.
    God Help us.

I ain’t holding my breath though.
    And I sure don’t want to lose my breath completely so the Coroner is brought in because of the Corona Virus! :eek:

Mysteron and mysticblu21 like this.
  4. Boozercruiser

Thank you for your very nice reply mysticblue.:smile:
    Thing is Cambridshire may be alright and possibly has very little covid about, but the trend as in Wales now seems to be just lock down the whole ruddy country rather than perhaps just the places where the Virus has a hold.
    It’s the stupid things that get on my tits.

Pubs and restaurants are told to close at 6.00PM in some places, 10.00PM in other places and 11.00PM in other places.
    Gyms have to close in Liverpool but not in other number 3 lockdown areas.
    I just don’t get that!
    Though what difference any of that will do in combating the Virus I don’t know, and the problem is.
    Neither do our couldn’t run a piss up in a brewery politicians! :smilingimp:

5. Captain Scarlet

The problem as I see it and I know Vlad agrees with me on this point is that the Government only have a one trick pony against Covid which is a lame one at that ie Test and Trace

The problem I see with Test and Trace is as follows and it's the Government's own advisors that have given us the amunition to critisise it

You may recall at one of the recent Downing Street briefings Professor Chris WhitTey who I respect as an expert .
    He went on to demonstrate with the use of his charts that the virus was being g driven upwards by younger people .He also highlighted that the vast majority of this age group are A symptomatic ie don't show any symptoms and free to carry on with their lives unknowingly passing the virus around.Some of this number will also be super spreaders.
    Now one of the biggest problems was that due to lack of capacity Mat Hancock the Health Minister in the previous week announced that only those that have symptoms can be tested .This is a major flaw as the young cannot be tested .Daft isn't it ?

Another flaw that Vlad mentioned was that not every member of the population has a mobile phone.Neither he nor myself posses one .

Then the idiots only last week announce that the Police will be supplied with the Test and Trace data so they can enforce it .Hardly encouragement for people to download it and in fact I know some friends of ours are ditching the App for that reason as they think it's a sign of mob handedness .

To conclude the Government's main defence is in tatters and our Mayor is questioning some of the Government's policies because the logic doesn't stack up . For example I have shown that our pub is in fact safer than our supermarket but the sods want to close the pubs even though there is no proof that COVID IS spread here .The Government's own adviser speaking to our Mayor, Jonathan Van Tam has also confirmed closing pubs will make no difference

I have used this analogy before but the whole situation is like a grenade eating a trifle .A bloody mess

6. Boozercruiser

Yes Mystic :hearteyes: and all I can do really is totally agree with Mysteron with his absolutely very spot on and perceptive post.
    I would like to just pull out one of his comments:

'Then the idiots only last week announce that the Police will be supplied with the Test and Trace data so they can enforce it .
    Hardly encouragement for people to download it and in fact I know some friends of ours are ditching the App for that reason as they think it's a sign of mob handedness’ .

I haven’t signed up for that ap yet, and in view of Data being given to Mr. Plod in his Police car, I ain’t going to either.

Our UK is becoming a total Police State as it is without letting them know where I am night and day 24/7.

The Government tried to say that the data would only be given to the Police on a case by case situation.
    Oh! yes?
    Pull the other bastard leg Boris.
    It’s got bells on! :p

7. Boozercruiser

It is now 2.53am and have only just read your excellent post Mystic.
    Off to bed now but I hope to comment further later today.
    I have clicked a like to you post.
    But it was better than that.
    I Love It! :hearteyes:

mysticblu21 likes this.
  8. Boozercruiser

And what a lovely young Woman you are.
    At only age 38 you'r practically a spring chicken! :laughing:
    So friendly as well, and very wise beyond your years. :)

Regarding your previous post you obviously have a very good handle and understanding in respect of this Coroner situation along with all the star signs and stuff.
    If I had a few hours to spare I could discuss all of that, but Wifey is telling me to get my arse up off this seat and get out for a long walk and for some shopping.
    And of course me usually doing as I am told I better comply!
    Incidentally I was born 3rd July (sod the year)! :tonguewink: so I do believe that is Cancer and a water sign, unless you know better.

Regarding:

'Now that I've looked up the general astrological dynamic of the Birthday years of these clueless UK gov workers I actually have a tiny bit of sympathy for Matt, Priti, Rishi & rest of the UK gov folks that oveall they have no other choice but to obey pompous Boris's idiotic instructions otherwise they all risk loosing their jobs lol’.

That covers a lot that does, and yes.
    Spot on! :)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    mysticblu21 likes this.
  9. Boozercruiser

I do not believe it!
    These Welsh politicians have reached a new low in utter stupidity!
    Now one cannot buy gloves and cardigans and pullovers other essential clothing the idiots deem as non essential.
    Want hot water because your kettle has gone on the blink, or toaster or other cooking essentials.
    Forget it.
    Go away.
    We cant sell to you!
    Thick as pig poo and twice as soft the ruddy lot of them.
    So now people will just go to Amazon and have these goods delivered next day and welsh shops will lose the business.
    You just couldn't make this up!

Non-essential or essential? What we know about what goods are banned in Wales' lockdown firebreak
    First Minister Mark Drakeford has announced that non-essential items should not be sold during the country's firebreak lockdown.

So far the Welsh government has not published a public list of what these goods include.

The supermarkets have also not responded on whether they have been given specific instructions on what they cannot sell.

But information gathered throughout today suggests these items cannot be sold during the 17 days of restrictions:

• Hairdryers
    • Stationary
    • Kettles
    • Phone chargers
    • Duvets
    • Sheets
    • Electrical products

Coronavirus UK: Drivers seen crossing into Wales as country goes into 'firebreak' lockdown | Daily Mail Online

[​IMG]

Supermarket staff used a range of different obstacles to block off access to their aisles of non-essential products today

[​IMG]

Lidl closed off all their 'non-essential' aisles in Porthmadog before 6pm today with the ban set to last for the full lockdown

mysticblu21 and Mysteron like this.
  10. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

But once these people recover, they will be the super spreaders of the antibodies. This is what we desperately need at the moment.
    The virus is here to stay.The current round is not raising the national mortality rate, but we still have to act before it does.
    With every round, more people will be carrying immunity, so it will spread slower.
    The variable area by area restrictions seem harsh, but I am starting to get the impression that they are working in not overwhelming the NHS.

What this needs is someone to explain it all to the public properly. However, since the virus is new, no one can be 100% sure what is around the corner.

Mysteron likes this.
  11. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

12. Captain Scarlet

Boozy my friend

I have just one word for all of this

MADNESS

13. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Ahhhhh - the Welsh Government have managed to spoil Boozy's weekend entertainment - what a shame !!!

14. Boozercruiser

No worries at all thank you very much Vlad.
    There is nothing in the so called banned from selling list that I need, and I am just showing this forum the stupidity of it all.
    As my friend Mysteron just said.

MADNESS!

But then we should keep in mind that here in Wales we have a LABOUR government, so stupidity and madness are the norm with them!

If you look at the picture below you can see that the selling of DUVET and blankets are not allowed to be sold.
    Hello!
    Winter.
    Cold.
    Freezing soon.
    Kids needing more bedding on the bed?
    No chance!
    Flucking idiots! :eek::mad:

[​IMG]

Wales lockdown: Fury as trolley police return to snoop on shoppers

Wales lockdown: Fury as trolley police return to snoop on shoppers
    WALES is in lockdown chaos as Labour chiefs defend their 17-day ban on shops selling "non-essential" goods - except for alcohol.

Back inWales, health minister Vaughan Gething made clear that alcohol was a key item - but clothes were not.
    He conceded it would be impossible to create a "line by line" list of what could be sold, hoping retailers would have a "grownup understanding".

The scramble came after First Minister Mark Drakeford said that most stores - must shut except off-licences, food shops and pharmacies.
    Newsagents, bike shops, petrol stations, car repair and MOT services, banks, launderettes, post offices and pet shops can also stay open.

But Sara Jones, head of the Welsh Retail Consortium, said: "Compelling retailers to stop selling certain items without them being told what is and what isn't permitted to be sold is ill-conceived."

And Andrew RT Davies, of the Welsh Conservative Party, tweeted: "Is a flagon of Strongbow deemed essential?

"What about some much needed underpants if you're caught short?”

[​IMG]

15. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Your bloody fault for not organising yourself for winter and arranging appropriate clothing and covering prior to the onset of Autumn in the first place.

Incidentally, who was it who said we would have a "World Beating, First class service" for the Track & Trace system which, had it worked properly in the first place would have avoided much of the lock-down situations - Hmmmm ??? - None less than that stupid bastard Boris - the prick who you managed to elect as scumbag 'nasty party' Prime Minister !!!

16. Boozercruiser

For me I have every single thing to keep my Wife and I warm both inside and outside our home so I am very well organised thank you very much.
    But many will get caught short for buying clothing and essentials for both themselves and family or whoever.
    You are just trying to create a smoke screen around the Labour Governments absolutely stupid and crass and mind boggling decision that someone can’t now go into a store and buy a jumper or a scarf or a coat or some bedding or a kettle or light bulbs to mention a few.
    This is the fault of the stupid bastard LABOUR government we have here.
    No brains and no sense.

I do agree with you over track and trace and lots of stupid measures the Conservative Government have been carrying out as well though.
    Hardly any politicians of all creeds are showing any common sense at the moment.

17. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Meanwhile at: The Deva Stadium:
    It was the first Football League ground to be built in compliance with the Taylor Report, published following the Hillsborough Disaster in 1989, and it may be the only football ground in the world to straddle the border of two countries, with the offices
    A ground that welcomes all within and without the local Community, however, .....

18. WOLF ANGEL

19. Boozercruiser

Yes WOLF.
    What a load of twaddle.
    And this is just another example of the crass stupidity of it all.
    Hardly any of it makes any common sense!

WOLF ANGEL likes this.
  20. WOLF ANGEL

Far too, PC = Political Covid-rectivness