wake up!!!

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by AoXoMoXoA420, May 12, 2004.

1. AoXoMoXoA420

AoXoMoXoA420 Member

Hey old hippy guys and girls... I wrote this for the young hippy forum, because that's really where it belongs. I wanted to show it to the older crowd for feedback though. -Ben

WAKE UP

It seems everyday I find out something more about this world that makes me even more sad to live in it. I see violence, lies, envirornmental devastation, wars, the list continues.

I've heard people argue the 60's will never happen again because there is no Vietnam war going on. Well the youth of this generation has a lot more cut out for them than just a war, this whole planet is messed up. Nothing to protest? There's everything to protest... everyone should be outraged. The government tells us the Iraq war is over, but people are still dying.

Corporations that control the government are everywhere, and they've got most of the youth under control. They don't want us to know how messed up this planet is, because we're young. They know just as well as we do what happened in the 60's when white kids became socially aware, and they don't want that to happen again, so they keep us in the dark. They know that white kids brought up the civil rights movement, they know that they stopped the Vietnam war. Old hippies, thank you... I do not know how most of your generation seemed to have a conscience and get it together, but you did. But now you're old and nervous and it should be in the hands of the youth of today to bring about change. They know if we know whats really going on, the first thing we're going to do is want to change it, so they like to keep us good and ignorant.

Isn't anyone else sick of seeing ads everywhere? I can't walk through my high school with out being told to buy things I Do not need nor can I afford. My cafeteria is plastered with ads from corporations, that I know damn well aren't benefitting me or any just cause.

If we make no change, we won't have to worry about anything though. The planets got to the point where a lot of experts can predict that the way things are going, with or recources and blowing things up, the planet won't even be around in 50 years. That's not a long time.

So what can we do? Just use your mind. Be creative. Talk to everyone you know about these problems, and why you feel that way, make them listen to you. Don't spend money on things you don't need. BLACK SPOTS - spray paint big black dots on ads, blocking out the name of the advertiser. This pisses them off a lot, and you've wrecked the ad. When people see a black dot, they know a culture jammers been there. Try to spend time with people you love and avoid spending money. I've found it feels a lot better to sit around getting high with a group of friends and listen to music for free than to go spend 30$ on 2 movie tickets, a drink and a popcorn. Then you just sit in a room, where you can watch more ads, and not communicate any of your thoughts or emotions.

This world's scary... we need change.

So would you guys please get busy?

2. angelgodiva

angelgodiva Senior Member

I am very proud of you and glad to see that there ARE kids now who have a real social conscience. I know Joshua does, and there are a few others on these boards that I have seen, but you're right--the government doesn't want the kids getting all stirred up, and in order to affect a change, they NEED to be stirred up. One way is by blogging. That is the new free press. Nobody can censor you in your blog, so get your thoughts, ideas, and opinions in there and get the word around. Too many kids' blogs are just a bunch of gossip about other kids and whining about their parents, school, etc. Instead, why not talk about larger issues? People do read these things, and you could start a trend. Just an idea I had; it's something I would have done if I'd had such an opportunity when I was a kid.
    Also, you can always do what we did--make yourself a sign, get some like minded friends together, and hit the street. You might make the paper, and even more people will be made aware of your concern. There are plenty of issues--take your pick--but keep it peaceful! If you don't do that, you nullify your cause.
    Good luck--you can make a change.
    With love from an old hippie.

3. ~Sam~

~Sam~ Cosmic Traveler

Ben !!! You truly are a Free Thinker. Your article is well written, well considered and presented in an intelligent and worldly manner. I must say that I'm proud to know you.

You're right... It is Your turn to change this cock-a-mamie world for the better. If you don't... if you can't stand behind your convictions, then we're all in big do-do.

Have you read; "Brave New World by Aldous Huxley? If you have the time and the inclination, you will be surprised at how this book parrallels today's idiocy...

"In the "brave new world" of 632 A. F. (After Ford), universal human happiness has been achieved. (Well, almost.) Control of reproduction, genetic engineering, conditioning--especially via repetitive messages delivered during sleep--and a perfect pleasure drug called "Soma" are the cornerstones of the new society. Reproduction has been removed from the womb and placed on the conveyor belt, where reproductive workers tinker with the embryos to produce various grades of human beings, ranging from the super-intelligent Alpha Pluses down to the dwarfed semi-moron Epsilons."

Rock On Ben! Rock On!

Much Love,
    Sam

4. eccofarmer

eccofarmer Member

NAMASTE

What can i say other than thanks for posting that.Well said.We need more brother and sistahs like you young and old to take such a great stand.

5. sila

sila Member

Great post!

I feel the same way you do. Everyday I become a little more depressed when I look at the state of the world today and think about how the future will be if we stay on the path we are on now.

Something has to give, people need to "wake up" and pay attention. If we don't do something soon it may be too late.

6. Tamee

Tamee naked

Question: What's a blog?

7. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

A blog is an online journal, theres a lot of forms of them. Livejournals, Deadjournals, Blurties, etc..

8. GoodKarma

GoodKarma Member

I agree with everyone above...it's great that you have such insight and compassion at your age. Change starts at the roots and I wish the younger generation would get more informed and take action. By your post...maybe they are...continue to speak up and initiate reforms.

9. dj_cloudy_chamber

dj_cloudy_chamber Member

Great stuff. I'm right there with you guys. We need change. btw, AoXoMoXoA420, mind if I quote you from this post in a college research paper?

10. AoXoMoXoA420

AoXoMoXoA420 Member

go ahead man, spread the truth! if you want anything else from me, feel free to ask... i can ramble for hours...

11. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

I'm always dealing with narrow-minded people, it's nice to meet someone who's open-minded.

I'm pretty set apart from my family, sometimes I even feel adopted. My dad is narrow-minded. He calls black people "Negros" in a condescending way, and hates them, my brother is just like him, my sister is on her way, and my mom just doesn't care to open her mind. They all aren't involved in social problems and the economy.

I however try to keep an open mind and a social conscience as to what's going on in the world.

The government tries to keep us in the dark on purpose for the reasons you stated. With fluff about Donald Trump, reality shows, celebrities, and other fluff, it's all meticulously detailed distractions to warp our minds and keep us from asking the real questions.

The government doesnt want us to be informed, only be mindless masses and they'll think of any distraction and use channels like CNN, Fox News, and others to help.

Recently, there was a report about the alarm the government had about witnessing UFO's in the sky. The government is known for ignoring UFO sightings and whatnot and all of a sudden, there's alarm about it. I found it suspicious and saw it as simply a distraction they were posing to keep people from asking about the Iraq war.

If we let them, they'll opress us, and dictate how we live our lives and think. We have to keep original thoughts, our own views and not fall into mob mentality and corruption for the sake of the almight dollar.

Losing your soul is easy in this day and age, we have to find a way to keep that from happening by staying grounded.

That's all I have to say about that.

12. Tamee

Tamee naked

Terminal, if you're ever feeling lonely, I'll be your friend. :)

13. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

And I'd gladly accept your friendship. Any time. :D

14. earthfog

earthfog Member

=====================================================
    unfortunatly, I feel we live in the golden age of the history of the human race. Things are tough, crazy and bad, but never any better.
    we have acomplished a amazing feet in the last 20 years, built up a lotform nothing but a pile of rocks, and trees.
    We have a long way to go and better start getting there.
    One thing you need to know, the Hippies of old were a small minority, vocal but small.
    Do what you can, talk like you sugeest, but keep your mind open.
    Your life is only what you make it. Other peoples life is of course up to them.
    Live as simply as posible.
    Let others live how they want