Wake Induced Lucid Dreaming

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by stalk, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Indy Hippy

Indy Hippy Zen & Bearded

Man I either never dream or never remember my dreams so I can't keep a dream journal. But who knows maybe I'll try this.

2. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

Why Can't I Fly!?!?!

3. funkadelix

funkadelix Member

This is crazy. I've had similar experiences before falling asleep while on opiates. I've got to try this.

4. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Nearly every opiate user does.

5. xblayde

xblayde Member

Alright, so the other night I made some progress unintentionally.. I think. Ok, so I had two "experiences." The first experience when I was falling back asleep was that I felt like I was watching random really fuzzy clips that lasted a few seconds long sort of mini dreams and then I noticed that I couldn't move - so I must have been in a sleep paralysis type state and when I noticed I couldn't move I got a little freaked out and I began breathing very heavily to wake myself up. So I woke up, and was just fine and everything and I little disappointed with myself.. went back to bed and had a VERY similar experience except this time I remembered what stalk said about throwing your eyes up towards the top of your head so I tried that and then I felt the most insane feeling in my entire life - my body starting hardcore buzzing, I heard this huge crack, and I felt like I was lifting out of my body and while I was lifting out of my body everything was just intensely buzzing. It was insane... sooon... sooon..

6. kaisisco

kaisisco Member

isn't it dangerous? i've heard that if you get lost or if you are away too long, you can't come and have your body back anymore :S

7. Yekex

Yekex Member

Have you ever heard of reports like "A nineteen year old girl died last night. Later, the detectives figured out that her body is alive, but her soul is trapped in the Dreams Land forever."?

8. stonethroughwater

stonethroughwater Member

ok, so after months of trying and then giving up, i finally had my first fully lucid dream. it was a normal dream at first, where i was driving the car and arguing with familly when the power stearing quit. at that point i realized i was dreaming, and so i left the car and started floating downhill, when i thought, hey i could just fly, so i did. this isn't anything unusual i guess since i've had controll in my dreams, but the next part is the kicker. so in the dream, i rememberd stalks advice to look up, and did. wow. suddenly there was a loud sort of explosion in my ear and i could feel my whole body numb, especially my tongue. i thought i was awake at first and opened my eyes to check on my dog next to me, then i saw a giant blue eye. there was a blue background and then a transparent blue eye right infront of me. it started to fade into the distance and was replaced by a window, which started spinning and following the eye. at this point i thought well this is cool, why don't i do something fun, like sex. then i REALLY woke up. turns out i hadn't opened my eyes or seen my room at all, it was all during my sleep. i guess it was sort of an out of body experience but i didn't get up. i'm dissapointed i went to a pleasure idea so soon and ended something that had larger learning potential. i hope to have one again. has anybody else seen this eye?

9. *kushbaby*

*kushbaby* Member

freshman year i read a book called kissing kate. and it talked about lucid dreaming. and i tried it. (basically your tecnique) and the first thing i noticed that was out of the norm was like my mind was aware but my body was dead. i couldn't make myself move. or speak i had an itch on my nose. but i couldn't come out of it to scratch. after that the visions came. it was a very relaxing and cool experiance. i've only been able to pull it off a few times but i definately enjoy it

10. kaisisco

kaisisco Member

:D
    i don't know what i saw this night. i was sleeping, and i don't know why, i suddenly opened my eyes and i saw my friend sitting on my chair. he was like some kind of ghost or i don't know, and blue lights were spinning around. i got so afraid of it so i turned my back to it and then i was like, wtf just happend? looked back again, and nothing there :D i don't know what it was, but it was/seemed so real. OOOOOR i was having that lucid dreaming's first phase or whtvr...

11. ThePepsiSyndrome

ThePepsiSyndrome Member

Posting so I can find tt later on.

12. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

nah dude.
    you can come back to your body whenever you want on impulse.
    all you have to do is want to wake up.

13. white dove

white dove Member

it happens to me im still scead of it some time i dont want to go to sleep but i no i have to when im there i usualy get throughn around the room and theres lots of white flashing around my eyes kinda like a gohst, when it occurs i just ride the wave and tell my selfe to breave soon as i come to i put the telly straigt on, are you saying you can take controol of it?

14. jamesp420

jamesp420 Member

I never knew that could happen. I've experienced sleep paralysis, but it's usually freaked me out so much I concentrated on being able to move.

15. AMD64MM

AMD64MM Member

Ah yeah, the first time I had sleep paralysis, I felt like some evil hand was reaching down at me, and it looked like some evil spirit was attacking me and I couldn't move. Scared the fuck out of me, and I didn't even try lucid dreaming for another few years after. I recommend doing it though, it's quite rewarding most of the time.

16. Funkiknight

Funkiknight Member

I have never heard of this but will definitely be trying it tonight. The only thing kinda like this that I have done is what i used to do in a boring class. I closed my eyes and thought of an image and began to picture whatever thoughts came into my mind until it became a really fast slideshow. after a month or so of doing this it just became instant dream land where I could close my eyes and whole stories would unfold in front of me while I was still aware of real life around me. sort of like i wasnt listening but i heard everything and it didnt effect anything.

It's a really fun way to go through a class, or really anything boring. especially if you've never been able to fall asleep in a class like me.

17. Funkiknight

Funkiknight Member

Didn't work, definitely got to they hypnagogic imagery but nothing happened there, just felt too awake. I think I need to calm down more... I tried for 30 minutes and decided to move around and tried again but no dice. Should I have stayed awake longer after I first woke up? also it was a little premature cause I woke up before my alarm did but it was still at 4 and a half hours.

However, I did have a very vivid dream after I gave up where I was imprisoned in a frozen zombie person wasteland with the characters from southpark...

18. Xegar

Xegar Member

Yes, i totally notice that when you wake up and do something for like and hour then go back to sleep, those dreams are the clearest ever.
    Yes, i know about the class thing. It's like nothing can get you out of your state but someone saying your name or making a loud noise or something.
    I think you have to be a little tired (not extremely) to have lucid dreams. You are just too awake otherwise and you can't find your way to the dreamland.
    They say MILD is easier than WILD, but no freakin way i can realized in my sleep that i'm asleep. Any unnatural stuff can happen. I even have the bite in the arm things while i dream, and for a second i realize it's a dream, but it's not working. My dreams are usually very blurred. :(

19. PeaceJunky

PeaceJunky Member

after reading this thread i went to sleep..when i woke up in the morning i was thinking about when i could attempt to try to have a lucid dream.. then i remembered one of my dreams i had a few years ago..
    I was sleeping in my moms room during a hurricane.. all of a sudden i see this big black shadow of a man walk into my moms room..all he did was stand there for what seemed like forever and stared..i was so afraid i couldnt move, scream, do anything at all except watch..the scariest fucking thing in my life..i remember it soo vividly..i couldve sworn it was real..anyways, when the man walked out of the room i jumped up as fast as i could and told my stepdad and mom there was a man in the house..but when my stepdad came back in the room from checking everything out, he sais there wasnt ANYBODY in the house.. but it was soo real..i was paralyzed, couldnt do shit except watch! could this have been a lucid dream??

20. xblayde

xblayde Member

Yea, definitely so long as you were completely aware. The next step is to control your lucid dream..