Vow to Never Settle Down

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by DirtyVibe, Aug 19, 2005.

1. DirtyVibe

DirtyVibe Member

I'm never going to settle down. Never going to have kids. Never going to fall in love. Never going to get married. Party for life. Have fun for my entire life. Who'se with me?

2. PurpleGel

PurpleGel Senior Member

you'll die young but pseudo-happy at least.

3. Jack-a-Roe

Jack-a-Roe Member

yeah...tell me how that turns out

4. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

Fuck no I'm not with you. :D

5. purple-moss

purple-moss Member

sounds like a plan............

6. tropisms

tropisms Member

pass thanks, I can't wait for kids

7. sorry, not with ya'

8. Weeble

Weeble Member

You're what.. 17? You'll probably grow out of it.

I could never do that. I'm 23. I'm ready to start looking for someone to hopefully settle down with someday.

9. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

I'd LOVE to do that. I've tricked myself into thinking that way. I know deep down that I want love, that I need it. But attachment scares the shit out of me. Eh well, I'll grow out of it.

10. Hacker

Hacker Vescere Bracis Meis

Why does committment scare you? Because you'll feel stuck? Because you don't think any one person will fulfill your needs? Seriously, I am just curious.

EDIT: Ahhh yes, you are still in high school. I felt that way back then because I didn't want to be tied down to anything. Yeah, you will probably grow out of it.

11. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

Yes, precisely. I don't like being tied down to any one person.. I look at my friend's relationships and think.. HOW BORING. I'd much rather be a swinger and not worry about all that. Plus, I'm terrified of showing emotions.. emotions in general just freak me out. I'm never sure that they're returned, so I've learned to repress my own and stay comfortably detached.

12. Hacker

Hacker Vescere Bracis Meis

Not that you should feel slighted by this, but that kind of makes me feel sad. It isn't love without emotion. If you question your partners motives or question their feelings something is wrong. I do hope that you meet that someone one day that makes you fall... deeply in love... That feeling taps from every emotion, and is better than any drug. (although I am sure someone may argue that... heh) The good news is you have loads of time for this to happen, so while I say these things, I also think it is very important for you to play the field now. That is how you find out what you like.

Ok, my cheesy lecture is over.

: )

13. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

I know, it makes me sad, too, deep down. I know that it's all artificial.. and it feels artificial. And rather hollow. But I'm good at lying to myself and repressing things, I've made it satisfy me. I've got time, I've got plenty of time.. but I can't imagine anybody finding me good enough to be worth loving.. any love I get I would feel is one-sided.

14. Weeble

Weeble Member

I feel like that a lot of the time now.. but I know now that it's not true. It gets a little bit easier but it's still hard at this age sometimes. Take your time and don't rush anything, but get close to people. Just not romantically close. At least let them know that you care about them in some way. It'll be appreciated by you and them later on in life.

15. cymru_jules

cymru_jules Member

It's an age thing... precisely why you've got a contast of views between people in their teens or early twenties, and those older.

When you're young it is very boring to be in a relationship with commitments, when you're older it's kind of boring and ultimatly frustrating to still be going from one person to next at the drop of a hat because that's what you've probably been doing for the last 10 years anyway. ;)

Of course, the age at which peeps start to "transit" from one state to the next is going to be different I suppose! I'm sort of inbetween right now - depends who comes along next! :)

I remember making similar pacts with my mates about 10 years ago, from everything to relationships and work to what sort of music we will be listening to, etc. :p